The Europa League 2017/18(Use the SF thread to discuss the current match)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Had them down as winners in the final. Hope I'm right.
Think they have had some luck tonight, a handball by Thauvin in the first goal and the commentator said Salzburg could have had a penalty. I missed that 2nd incident and only came back in the room as they were celebrating the 2nd goal as I was seeing a visitor off at the door.:(

binary bot
That attempted clearance from Koscielny. Every top defender takes no chances in that position.

marktan

Madrid have to be favourites for me, very defensively solid even with 10 men.

Canagel

If Arsenal had gone down to 10 they would've capitulated. Shows how important defending is. A solid defence will always give you a chance and that's what Atletico did. They managed to keep Arsenal to the 1 goal and I'm sure 1-0 would've been a good result for them in the circumstances. They were protecting the 1-0. To get 1-1 is actually fantastic.

ti vu

If Arsenal had gone down to 10 they would've capitulated. Shows how important defending is. A solid defence will always give you a chance and that's what Atletico did. They managed to keep Arsenal to the 1 goal and I'm sure 1-0 would've been a good result for them in the circumstances. They were protecting the 1-0. To get 1-1 is actually fantastic.
Agree, but isn't it too obvious what majority of teams throughout generation do?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Madrid deserved the goal having been totally shafted by the ref after 10 minutes

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No one underrates defending. It's just a matter of execution. Atletico are a top defensive team in their league and in Europe... To concede only one goal after going down to 10 men is probably mediocre on their end. A few years ago they would have walked away with a 1-0 win.

ti vu

Sup with double threads this season on CAF
Because a thread for whole competition would become mega one very soon. In the spirit of say no to mega thread, the other thread was made so you divert some knee jerk one liner post (I am guilty too, mind)

James Peril

Madrid deserved the goal having been totally shafted by the ref after 10 minutes
Learn the rules before expressing harsh opinions, that way you won’t look like an idiot. Rules aren’t about your definition or another definition, it doesn’t give you a free pass to say stupid things, it’s a clear red card. Show me the paragraph that says there should be a difference between a card in the 2nd and the 75th minute and we’ll talk. The guy comes in too late, with pace, completes his tackle with studs into the foot.

bebeanderson

I really hate Atletico and Simeone. I really thought it would be hard to hate Simeone more as a coach than as a player (tough task), but he managed it.

Still haven't seen a good game involving his side.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Learn the rules before expressing harsh opinions, that way you won’t look like an idiot. Rules aren’t about your definition or another definition, it doesn’t give you a free pass to say stupid things, it’s a clear red card. Show me the paragraph that says there should be a difference between a card in the 2nd and the 75th minute and we’ll talk. The guy comes in too late, with pace, completes his tackle with studs into the foot.
You're the only idiot here cnut

Explain how the first two fouls are yellow cards and then not another yellow card for the entirety of the rest of the game that despite Mustafi giving away multiple fouls who should have been booked on accumulation alone and Lacazette's clear dive to try and win a penalty

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
There's a paragraph in the rulebook saying that goalkeepers can only have the ball in their hands for 6 seconds. Refs don't call everything by the rules, in a semifinal you don't send off a player 10 minutes into the game for 2 fouls. It would have at least be kinda understandable if he had kept the criteria for the whole match but he didn't.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
There's a paragraph in the rulebook saying that goalkeepers can only have the ball in their hands for 6 seconds. Refs don't call everything by the rules, in a semifinal you don't send off a player 10 minutes into the game for 2 fouls. It would have at least be kinda understandable if he had kept the criteria for the whole match but he didn't.
:nono: Yellow card for any goalkeeper that holds onto the ball for 6.01 seconds or more. Rules are rules.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah, Arsenal aren't winning this...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Costa should have squared it for a tap in!

PoTMS

ACL? Leg pointing towards Hong Kong. Definitely out for the World Cup.