Gaming The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment II (sign ups for Experiment III open)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Byzantium start with Constantinople. Are you sure about that? :wenger:

I'll consider this the sign up thread then. I've got the same 22 countries from the last run locked in and thinking of tossing a few more into the hat (Papal States & Scotland, maybe Timurids and Novgorod? Where's my boy @nimic to throw ideas at?).

1. Organic Potatoes
  2. SilentWitness
  3. Stobzilla
  4. hobbers
  5. WI_Red
  6. The Cat
  7. PSV
  8. Dr. Dwayne
  9. harms
  10. Shakesy
  11. Andycoleno9
  12. Withnail
I was just starting to think it was time for another, so I guess this way I don't have to run it :lol:

IMO if there's some way to deal with the Ottomans, that could be worth looking into. Something making it a bit more chaotic, maybe.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I was just starting to think it was time for another, so I guess this way I don't have to run it :lol:

IMO if there's some way to deal with the Ottomans, that could be worth looking into. Something making it a bit more chaotic, maybe.
Just give them England's starting ruler. Should solve things.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

This is last patch (king of kings)? I played it with Portugal (i just love to colonize new world) and Turks were destroyed in my save. Byzantium, Timurids and Hungary ripped them apart.

Phil Jones Face

The new DLC is focused on the Byzantines, Mamluks, Timurids and Ottomans. It's pretty good tbh.

It looks like they've added an instability modifier that makes it tougher for the Ottomans. I think they're still strong early like every EU4 run, but should find it more difficult later. Having said that, on the test run I just did, Austria absolutely demolished them within the first 20 years. :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
The new DLC is focused on the Byzantines, Mamluks, Timurids and Ottomans. It's pretty good tbh.

It looks like they've added an instability modifier that makes it tougher for the Ottomans. I think they're still strong early like every EU4 run, but should find it more difficult later. Having said that, on the test run I just did, Austria absolutely demolished them within the first 20 years. :lol:
Ah, I wasn't even aware there was a new DLC. I guess I'll have to check it out!

Phil Jones Face

Can I still get in for the new one
Sure.

There's 8/25 slots left remaining.

I'm probably not going to include the Timurid's (despite being one of my fav countries to play) because they're too far away from everybody else.

1. Organic Potatoes
2. SilentWitness
3. Stobzilla
4. hobbers
5. WI_Red
6. The Cat
7. PSV
8. Dr. Dwayne
9. harms
10. Shakesy
11. Andycoleno9
12. Withnail
13. nimic
14. P-Nut
15. AnotherLondonManc
16. MadDogg
17. maniak

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ooh, I'm definitely up for another one. Hopefully it'll go better than last time where I was the second one killed.

Watching and being involved last time (albeit briefly) got me interested in the game again so I did a run as Venice which went very well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ooh, I'm definitely up for another one. Hopefully it'll go better than last time where I was the second one killed.

Watching and being involved last time (albeit briefly) got me interested in the game again so I did a run as Venice which went very well.
@Phil Jones Face must be working for paradox. Like you, i saw this thread and i started another save (Brandenburg).

PSV

Been reluctant to boot mine back up (been a few years). Wouldn't know how to navigate the jungle that is all the DLC.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Been reluctant to boot mine back up (been a few years). Wouldn't know how to navigate the jungle that is all the DLC.
I recommend the subscription. You get all the DLC without having to buy them individually (although they did jack up the price this month). Still, $8 for a month to give it a try is not bad.

Phil Jones Face

I recommend the subscription. You get all the DLC without having to buy them individually (although they did jack up the price this month). Still, $8 for a month to give it a try is not bad.
Yeah, usually I'm quite skeptical of subscription models for games. But with the amount of hours of enjoyment I've got out of EU4 I think it's hella worth it when you feel like hammering EU4 for a few weeks.

I'm loving the Byzantium revamp from this DLC. The missions and decisions are awesome.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Yeah, usually I'm quite skeptical of subscription models for games. But with the amount of hours of enjoyment I've got out of EU4 I think it's hella worth it when you feel like hammering EU4 for a few weeks.

I'm loving the Byzantium revamp from this DLC. The missions and decisions are awesome.
I play with a limited number of DLCs, which I've purchased. Is it really worth it going for subscription?

Phil Jones Face

I play with a limited number of DLCs, which I've purchased. Is it really worth it going for subscription?
It depends. Some of the DLC's can be very hit and miss and not worth buying individually, whereas others drastically change the game. Pre-sub mode it could be quite expensive to get all the DLC (like most Pdox games).

I wouldn't pay for the subscription all year round. I buy it once or twice a year for a month at a time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Or you can just download the game:nervous:. Not that i did it. I just heard that some people doing that. :)

Phil Jones Face

8 places remaining.

Could cut it back to the original 22 countries from the last run, but I think @SilentWitness might go full Bonnie Prince Charlie if Scotland isn't included

1. Organic Potatoes
2. SilentWitness
3. Stobzilla
4. hobbers
5. WI_Red
6. The Cat
7. PSV
8. Dr. Dwayne
9. harms
10. Shakesy
11. Andycoleno9
12. Withnail
13. nimic
14. P-Nut
15. AnotherLondonManc
16. MadDogg
17. maniak

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
7 places remaining.

Could cut it back to the original 22 countries from the last run, but I think @SilentWitness might go full Bonnie Prince Charlie if Scotland isn't included

1. Organic Potatoes
2. SilentWitness
3. Stobzilla
4. hobbers
5. WI_Red
6. The Cat
7. PSV
8. Dr. Dwayne
9. harms
10. Shakesy
11. Andycoleno9
12. Withnail
13. nimic
14. P-Nut
15. AnotherLondonManc
16. MadDogg
17. maniak
18. Redsky (you didnt add me :()

Phil Jones Face

7 places remaining.

1. Organic Potatoes
2. SilentWitness
3. Stobzilla
4. hobbers
5. WI_Red
6. The Cat
7. PSV
8. Dr. Dwayne
9. harms
10. Shakesy
11. Andycoleno9
12. Withnail
13. nimic
14. P-Nut
15. AnotherLondonManc
16. MadDogg
17. maniak
18. Redsky (you didnt add me :()
That was an accident.. honest. :wenger:

How about we may trade countries once allocated? Last time I got feckin England. I want a scrappy underdog
Do you realise how long it takes to tag switch all your names. And then you want to me to switch them again? :lol:

Phil Jones Face

Okay, it doesn't look like we'll hit the 22. So I've cut a few countries from the fringes of Europe and we'll start with 18.

If your unhappy with your randomisation, argue amongst yourselves and let me know who wants to swap!

Otherwise, the game starts tomorrow!