The F1 Thread 2008 Season

vanthaman

Winner
Ferrari will probably point to the whole Rosberg, Hamilton and Glock all being in GP2 together and coming to F1 at about the same time, didnt Rosberg try and block Vettel before Vettel overtook Hamilton

Castolo

Fact is Hamilton did bottle it. He was down and out in a race he only had to finish 5th until Glock stopped.
He didn't bottle it, his team's strategy + bad luck with weather dropped him in the shit.

B Cantona

Desperate
If Glock was so corrupt, why did he bother gambling on dry tyres which thrust him ahead of Hamilton until the final corner? At least think your conspiracy theories through!!! :lol:

It makes it all the better just how badly folk are taking it!

Hats off again to Massa, he's an extremely graceful loser, and he's an extremely likable guy. I hope he does win it himself one day. Congratulations and commiserations to him

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Well done Lewis.

Credit to Massa who gave it his all too.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
All those saying that it was a fix, well it wasn't and even if it was. Glock will be the one being punished they CAN'T punish Lewis for that. Th cries of foul play coming from ferrari fanboys is rich to say the least. The FIA and the stewards did their very best to give it to Massa or keep it competitive.

LEWIS HAMILTON: WORLD CHAMPION 2008

Well deserved and finally a British world champ, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

muller

:lol: This is too funny. Look at Glock struggling to maintain control of his car on that corner, fecks sake. Stop calling it a fix, looking more deluded than a scouser.

mjs020294

That was about as good as it gets for spectators.....well maybe not the home crowd in Brazil but it was a great finish for Hamilton fans and neutrals.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Massa is a truly humble person.

But Ferrari are cocks and it was funny to see their reactions.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
Who cares, you got to see the pussycat doll bouncing around.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
expression on massa's dad face when he was told hamilton won it

:lol::lol:

feck off ferrari gimps you couldn't win it even after cheating and with the fia's help...losers

muller

That was about as good as it gets for spectators.....well maybe not the home crowd in Brazil but it was a great finish for Hamilton fans and neutrals.
I text my mate, who, in general, hates racing. I text him with 20 laps to go saying

Look mate, I know your not a fan, but this is getting a bit tense. Could be a great end
So, he has just text me back -
Jesus fecking christ, that was insane. I might have to start watching it next year. fecking racist spanish cnuts btw.
I think he liked it.

muller

I dont get the connection?

A gun.. and a racing driver who was fairly passed in the final corner of the race which affected the winner of the drivers championship.

I dont get the link?

Member 5225

as in a glock is a gun i.e: speed of a bullet, etc
and his stuttering at the end today

Kelvin

The Constructors Championship worthless one ah? Even though Ferrari won it..

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
alonso looks the most pissed out of them all at the press conference :lol:

Count Duckula

What a race.

I hoped for rain at the end because I thought it would make things exciting -- and it certainly did!

I don't think there's anything dodgy in Glock's slowdown; he just couldn't handle the rain, which was a gamble he had to take. Lewis is a very, very lucky boy, though, because he almost gave that place to Vettel and needed a huge chunk of fortune to give him enough points back.

And everyone laughing at the Ferrari garage and Massa's dad -- show some fecking class. Your boy won the title, and his competitor (a humble and likeable bloke, I might add), thought briefly that he had. To laugh at his parents because they thought he'd won is disgusting. You'd be crying into your pillows if it were the other way around; I'm sure Ferrari feel gutted now. There's such a thing as a sore winner.

But fair play to Lewis, he was by far and away the better driver this year. Inferior car towards the end of the season and yet he's still done everything he needed to do. He's shown a lot of maturity in these last few races, and after a performance like that I don't actually think it's going too far to say that he might set a new record for the most championships won. He's got to be the favourite going into next year, at least.

I just hope to God the BBC hire two new commentators, so we don't have to listen the excrement that oozes out of the current two's mouth every single race.