The fear is over…

thisISben

City have finally won the Champions League, making it a treble.

We can stop fearing the worst every year that this might be the season they do it.

Albeit that’s a bit tongue in cheek, them eventually winning in Europe was always a fear but now it’s happened…those next wins (there will be much more) won’t be as big as tonight.

Only way for them now is down…….:angel:

EDIT: This more related to the actual Champions League, rather than the treble. It was the only silverware they were missing and I’m sick of going into a season with the ‘Is this City’s year?’ narrative.

It’s happened….eventually. I don’t give a shite what they do now.

Last edited:

Raw

There's still the risk of a quadruple :nervous:

Gotta thank Southampton for stopping that this season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
There's still the quadruple, the repeat treble, and the possibility of overtaking our haul :(

Stretfordender

There’s plenty more EPL and UCLs in that city team and pep, they all look hungry for more and have the taste for it. They’ll be winning more major honours before we get our act together.

Kammy26

They could win 4 titles in a row next year. No club has done that in the EPL, not sure if anyone’s done it before 1992?

Dempsey19

They could win 4 titles in a row next year. No club has done that in the EPL, not sure if anyone’s done it before 1992?
3 is the record I believe.

Huddersfield
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man Utd
Man City

So they be the first ever to do 4 in a row.

They did it, they'll do it again. So will Newcastle soon enough. Nobody will care.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it was Liverpool winning the proper treble, I would probably cry myself to sleep eveey night. Genuinely could not give a single shit what City win

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
There's still the risk of a quadruple :nervous:

Gotta thank Southampton for stopping that this season.
Can't count how many League Cup they have won since 2012 (more than the League surely) but they failed to win it this season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The fear has just begun.

Multiple CLs in a row
League after league titles
Quadruple.

FujiVice

They can win it again. But they're cheats. Goes against the whole "sport" thing TBF.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m genuinely not even arsed. I was way more gutted when Liverpool won the league.
Exactly. Proper clubs doing it matters more. City are the sports washing puppet of a group of human rights abusers. It might as well be voided.

DeGea

We need the Qataris now! Fecking Glazers. Do they not feel hurt watching the success of others? Of course they don’t.

siw2007

Man City’s success is far from over. But other teams are catching up and if Pep does leave City then they probably won’t dominate like they’ve done for the past 5 years. But that is a big ‘if’ at this point in time.

BeltUp

Supports
United
I was in a bar in town full of city fans when the full time whistle went and all the result got was a round of applause and then loads left. It feels hollow to them because it wasn't earnt and they know it

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Plastic club run on funny money. It means nothing except that football is deeply dysfunctional.

Ted Lasso

If Manchester United becomes a force to content with again and starts winning trophies perennially it'll be default mean our biggest rivals won't be.

Change starts within.

John_Jensen

If Manchester United becomes a force to content with again and starts winning trophies perennially it'll be default mean our biggest rivals won't be.

Change starts within.
It starts in oil states, apparently

Winrar

I was way more gutted when Liverpool won the CL and PL.

Perhaps it's the inevitability that was baked in prior to today plus the way that they went about achieving it. I don't think I would care any more if they overtook us in the number of titles.

The Purley King

City wins, so what?
Club built on cheating. Is entirely irrelevant in my eyes.
When a club that hasn’t cheated it’s way to the top wins the treble I’ll start caring

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I never feared it, it was inevitable.

Objectively it's meaningless the sports about state owned doped up clubs now.

Its the equivalent of making your athletes take steroids in the Olympics and then obscuring the results to officials and pretending its all above board.

Nothing City do matters to me, because they cheated and lied to get to where they are.

Its like daddy making your school project and passing it off as your own work.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
3 is the record I believe.

Huddersfield
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man Utd
Man City

So they be the first ever to do 4 in a row.
Yup, things could always get worse.

They could win 4 in a row and quadruple in one season.

Raw

If it was Liverpool winning the proper treble, I would probably cry myself to sleep eveey night. Genuinely could not give a single shit what City win
I was honestly so annoyed about Liverpool last season potentially winning the quadruple. Thank god they didn't.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yup, things could always get worse.

They could win 4 in a row and quadruple in one season.
Different eras though, its like Maradona and Best playing on shit pitches.

This is the state owned sugar daddy period where PSG and City nobody actually takes serious their achievements.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Different eras though, its like Maradona and Best playing on shit pitches.

This is the state owned sugar daddy period where PSG and City nobody actually takes serious their achievements.
Nobody over 20/25 maybe. In 10 years, no one will remember or care.

People pushing this line reveal some proper naivety, same as those who wished City win the league ahead of Arse.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Nobody over 20/25 maybe. In 10 years, no one will remember or care.

People pushing this line reveal some proper naivety, same as those who wished City win the league ahead of Arse.
Nobody will care no, because its a generational thing but honestly it's a cross era thing to me

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Curious to see if they can win 6 in one year (UEFA Supercup, Club World Cup and Community Shield).

Funny how the CWC final could be: Manchester City v Al Itthiad team that just signed Benzema and Kante.
Heck a potential Club-World Cup final between those two would really be the final nail on the coffin.

Semigoodlookin

City’s treble has been inevitable and I was expecting something like this sooner. Liverpool’s title and CL exploits in recent years still sting more. If I think about Liverpool’s win three years ago it hurts more than City’s five minutes ago. I think most fans not from Manchester will feel the same.

Bert_

I was in a bar in town full of city fans when the full time whistle went and all the result got was a round of applause and then loads left. It feels hollow to them because it wasn't earnt and they know it
Same. You'd have thought they just won a standard league match. Couple of cheers at the final whistle then everyone just went about their business. Was the same for the FA cup final too. Soulless.

Stretfordender786

All rival fans saying united history is over ?
wtf are they on about because they matched our treble they saying we having nothing unique anymore

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t think they’ll win another CL for a few years. They was very lucky against inter.