The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Maybe make it just 12 picks instead of 14? No need for subs when you can't make one either way...
Not bad in a sheep draft to have more rounds though.

In a snake round 13 and 14 you're unlikely to play, in a sheep they could be a great player. Plus means flexibility and unpredictability in your starting 11

Indnyc

Maybe make it just 12 picks instead of 14? No need for subs when you can't make one either way...
But you can change tactics in different rounds and allows you to take some punts in earlier rounds knowing you can have a couple of bad picks and still have a great team

Enigma_87

You know who
But you can change tactics in different rounds and allows you to take some punts in earlier rounds knowing you can have a couple of bad picks and still have a great team
Sheep drafts usually end up with unbalanced squads and it's the challenge to fit 1 or 2 sheep in your starting 11. The beauty of it in fact.

I'm a big sucker and want to participate but if I was running it would've been 11 men team not even 12.

Indnyc

Sheep drafts usually end up with unbalanced squads and it's the challenge to fit 1 or 2 sheep in your starting 11. The beauty of it in fact.

I'm a big sucker and want to participate but if I was running it would've been 11 men team not even 12.
Fair Enough.. I get the challenge of getting a terrible sheep and trying to win

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
My only concern with a 12-hour first-pick window is where it's a challenging criterion. I mean don't you people have to work, travel, spend times with cherished loved ones, etc?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
My only concern with a 12-hour first-pick window is where it's a challenging criterion. I mean don't you people have to work, travel, spend times with cherished loved ones, etc?
What are all these things you talk about. Drafting is life.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
:lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Quick question r.e reinforcements, wouldn’t the T1, T2 total that is lowest make it more likely that the strongest sides get to reinforce first? Understand it’s a reward for drafting well, but could cause unbalanced games.
Let me put it this way: it's a Chester inspired mechanic. The poor fecker never gets his hands on a genuine GOAT. Never. This would ensure he does have that rare treat.

BTW, where the feck is he?

I concur about having a 12 hour deadline in all rounds. I know it's not a snake, but 12 hours are more than enough for anyone to log on and make a pick.

Just my .02 on the matter.
Depends on the criterion and how much you want to research. One of the best things in sheep drafts is the interesting stuff and connections you find looking at football through a certain glass.

We can always expedite when all picks are in.

Why would you want a shorter sheep draft? :houllier: Just get on with the no more than one sheep sub rule and enjoy the extra rounds you can have as a result.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why would you want a shorter sheep draft? :houllier: Just get on with the no more than one sheep sub rule and enjoy the extra rounds you can have as a result.
Personally what I like about draft games afterwards is the way managers maneuver over a weak spot or against oppo players/tactics. With less options, or with more sheep in the starting line up it's more interesting when games kick in as managers have to be more creative rather than stick the natural left backs in left back positions.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Personally what I like about draft games afterwards is the way managers maneuver over a weak spot or against oppo players/tactics. With less options, or with more sheep in the starting line up it's more interesting when games kick in as managers have to be more creative rather than stick the natural left backs in left back positions.
And a sheep draft should still deliver that even with 14 picks.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Checking in.

ROUND 1

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!

ROUND ONE: BLOOD RELATIVE

Double pick round.

Pick two players who are blood relatives (not just father and son, but no in-laws). You MUST play both or bench both in the first match.

E.g.
Manager A - Dopey, Grumpy
Manager B - Dopey, Sneezy

Result

A - FAIL
B - FAIL

Block list: Dopey

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who do we need to add in the pick convo?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
FFS why has no one been tagged as to the start of round one.

idmanager

Wish there was an indication somehow of the number of players who have submitted.