The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canagel

Argentina 5th game at the Lusail vs France 1st? Hard to believe this can't be considered as a serious advantage.

TPM

Supports
Real Madrid
France is Real Madrid NT. They are built to win these tournaments.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Argentina won one of their first two finals and two out of four. Now going for the sixth sitting on two.

France won one of the first two and is now going for the fourth sitting on two.

Argentina will win it comfortably without looking anything special.

Random shite you think about in the loo.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
You know, to be fair. That was a draw. :wenger:
To be fair, the headbutt was the only memorable thing about the match!
I don't know how I managed to forget about this final. Bad memories, I guess.

I watched it with French and German friends and was absolutely gutted when I saw Zidane's header saved by Buffon, then getting sent off after a moment of madness. Although to be fair, he was kicked all over the pitch during the whole 120 minutes.

I knew then that France wouldn't recover from it.

Joel Miller

France to win it comfortably in 90. They’ve barely got out of second gear and they’re in the final. They’ve got a depth of quality most sides can only dream of. In Mbappe they’ve got serious pace up against an Argie side that has no pace.

I just think their squad is far stronger and they’ve barely had to exert themselves yet. Yeah Argentina have Messi, but if you can keep the ball away from him that Argentina side doesn’t really have much cutting edge.

Idxomer

France are efficient as feck, a bit like Real Madrid in UCL. They don’t look like threatening, look second best for a large part of the game, but still manage to win.

I want Argentina to win cause of Messi. The best player ever to win a World Cup would be nice to see.
That's a great comparison, they have felt kind of inevitable in the last two World Cups.

Stadjer

France to win it comfortably in 90. They’ve barely got out of second gear and they’re in the final. They’ve got a depth of quality most sides can only dream of. In Mbappe they’ve got serious pace up against an Argie side that has no pace.

I just think their squad is far stronger and they’ve barely had to exert themselves yet. Yeah Argentina have Messi, but if you can keep the ball away from him that Argentina side doesn’t really have much cutting edge.
Everyone knows that keeping the ball away from Messi is the best way to win against Argentina. Problem is that it really isnt that easy to do. So far no team managed to keep the ball away from Messi.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That's a great comparison, they have felt kind of inevitable in the last two World Cups.
Helps that Mbappe is 23 years old with experience of winning one when he was 19.

Absolutely mental

Cloud7

I want an Argentina win for Messi, and will be supporting them, but if France do win I won't be too upset because Varane (Obviously) but I also quite like Mbappe and Old Man Giroud. Really once Argentina were confirmed to be in the final I was happy with any of the three potential winners.

Cloud7

Everyone knows that keeping the ball away from Messi is the best way to win against Argentina. Problem is that it really isnt that easy to do. So far no team managed to keep the ball away from Messi.
Against Croatia he was all over the field getting the ball in all sorts of positions. It's not easy to keep the ball away from him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Argentina Vs France/African all star team. Argentinas weak midfield will be their demise. Even with Messi magic it will not be enough. Clear France win.
Surprised you got away with your stupid comment. Good job newbie.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I hope Deschamps keeps Konaté even if Upamecano is fit. He's much better and is a natural fit next to Varane.

Axe2401

Mbappe is France’s star player but he’s hardly carried them. Griezmann has a case for being player of the tournament and Giroud has the 2nd most goals in the competition. They have quality all over the pitch. Mbappe wasn’t even really much a factor for most of the last ties.
The 2 goals against Marocco are from Mbappe plays. Take at least 3 def on him to create spaces for others.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I hope Deschamps keeps Konaté even if Upamecano is fit. He's much better and is a natural fit next to Varane.
Agree. France looked a lot more solid today, with the way refs have been handing out pens to Argentina Upamecano is a massive liability.

BorisManUtd

Varane's already won it before so want Martinez to win it now, would also confirm Messi as perhaps best player of all time, it's the only major trophy he's missing. Huge game and I hope it'll be as entertaining as possible considering that these kind of finals usually produce tight games without many chances.

4th game between these two sides on World Cups, Argentina won in 1930 and 1978, while France beat them 4 years ago in Russia.

Joel Miller

No other team has had the quality, stength in depth, and winning experience that the French have at the WC.

Kopral Jono

Messi to tear Hernandez a new bottom hole unless Deschamps does something, which he inevitably will. I expect a close game with France just about edging it -- Grizou and Mbappe to be the main game-changers.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Messi to tear Hernandez a new bottom hole unless Deschamps does something, which he inevitably will. I expect a close game with France just about edging it -- Grizou and Mbappe to be the main game-changers.
Messi is closer to Rabiot's area most of the time nowadays.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
France haven't had a pen yet. Argentina 3 :wenger:
Wasn't it 4? Saudi Arabia, Poland (missed), Netherlands, Croatia.​
Great final between 2 good teams. I think France will get the win tough.​

Mike Smalling

Hoping for Argentina, but this France is quite likable as well, so no biggie if they win. Mbappe will create a platform to be included in the GOAT talks, if he wins his first two World Cups.

edcunited1878

Molina and de Paul going up against Mbappe will be fun. de Paul has been a warhorse for Argentina's midfield.

Interesting to see how the ref, whoever it is, allows the game to flow and the amount of physicality is allowed.

Messi has been protected the entire tournament, so nobody can touch him. Mbappe got kicked around today and Morocco was given a lot of leniency up until the 2nd goal, then the fouls started to (finally) interupt the flow.

youngrell

France seem to play to the level of their opponents and always look like they have another gear to go up if needed. Probably a good strategy for a knockout tournament.

Messi has been fantastic and I’d love to see him cap his career with a WC win, but I can’t see past France’s overall quality.

r1z3mu

France-Argentina 2-1 in overtime. I want Messi to win but have to give slight edge to France - something like 55%-45%. There are too many variables - ref, individual mistakes, simple luck. It's going to be very tight game.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Morocco vs Croatia 3rd place game could be a lot more fun imo. They have already played each other before.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The best game of 2018 World Cup gets repeated as the final of this one :drool:

0-0 and penalties guaranteed.

RepardReece

Predicted these two to make it to the final after the group stages finished, had France for the win, and still do really.

Hope that's not the case though, Messi deserves the WC.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
In my book.

They are much better side than Argentina, who I like, but just can't see winning. Even with Messi.
No idea what kind of World Cup you have been watching. Argentina's performance against Croatia alone was more impressive than what France did in the entire tournament.

Fluky against England, second best for 90% of the game tonight. Sure, you have to give them they're clinical and defend well, I guess, but they are definitely not a "much better side" than Argentina at all.

Gonna be disgusted if France and Mbappe win another one after 2018. Messi to the rescue.