The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, 11th penalty shootout for Argentina in the WC. 10th win. Basically don't go to penalties against Argentina unless you are Germany :lol:

LordSpud

the bat shit conspiracy theories from Ronaldo acolytes actually makes the whole thing much more satisfying.

keep it up
Mate I couldnt care less about the winner here. I'm England through and through and tbf at the start of the game I fancied Argentina due to the way France won against us. Oh and I loathe Ronaldo too. Complete neutral!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would love to see a reply but martinez looked in no man's land, could have chipped him. Would have been a ballsy finish though
had to watch the ball dropping from a bounce so didn’t have a huge amount of time to choose. think it was just a class save

Denis79

That nr 10 in the French team isn't half bad. Maybe we should go for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Btw, 11th penalty shootout for Argentina in the WC. 10th win. Basically don't go to penalties against Argentina unless you are Germany :lol:
Only in world cups. Anyone Chilean having a chuckle at how they imploded in those consecutive shootouts!

Nick7

had to watch the ball dropping from a bounce so didn’t have a huge amount of time to choose. think it was just a class save
Yeah one of those where the striker and the keeper have to make split second decisions. Didn’t work out. Miles different from some of Lautaro Martinez’ misses.

LordSpud

How the hell can you say a penalty shootout in a World Cup Final is a fix, its just BS.
It would need both teams all officials to be in on on, don't care how you try to say it is, it's pure rubbish.
Mate the whole thing is a fix. A penalty in every game for the Argies? Some absolutely crazy results on the way to the Final? Mental refereeing all the way throughout?

No, this whole WC has been fabricated jointly by FIFA and Qatar to make it seem as though Qatar has hosted the best one of all time.

I mean you only have to look at various publications asking whether its the best World Cup tournaments of all time? And now the immediate thoughts and feelings is that that was the best Final too.

A complete U-Turn in the thoughts about Qatar which is fine... our club will be owned by them soon!! :D

Golden Nugget

Emi Martinez not on his line for every single pen but its clear Qatar and FIFA needed Messi to win this.
There was one that I thought he was off his line, but he had one foot behind the line. Even if he had Both feet off, it wouldn’t be the first - there was a few before the final where it looked like the keeper was way off his line (Bono had a few if I remembered right)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say...Messi was great, but Mbappé has to be MOTM? (It was Di Maria until he was subbed)

Would that be enough to push him over Messi for POTT?

AshamanKingpin

Supports
Manchester City
How good was Mac Allister been for Argentina the whole tournament?! So happy for him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Have to say...Messi was great, but Mbappé has to be MOTM? (It was Di Maria until he was subbed)

Would that be enough to push him over Messi for POTT?
No that's enough to get man of the match, not player of the tournament

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wasn't there a guy who had a big bet with alot of league/championship wins settled, that only needed a France win? Imagine being that guy during the match and specifically now. Whole year suffering and end like this

Nick7

Mate the whole thing is a fix. A penalty in every game for the Argies? Some absolutely crazy results on the way to the Final? Mental refereeing all the way throughout?

No, this whole WC has been fabricated jointly by FIFA and Qatar to make it seem as though Qatar has hosted the best one of all time.

I mean you only have to look at various publications asking whether its the best World Cup tournaments of all time? And now the immediate thoughts and feelings is that that was the best Final too.

A complete U-Turn in the thoughts about Qatar which is fine... our club will be owned by them soon!! :D
Imagine actually believing this nonsense :lol:

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Messi 8th Balon d'Or or Mbappe?
Neither of them deserved tbh based on club level performances (Ligue 1 performances shouldn't count to Balloon D'Or) but you know Messi is winning it, even if PSG gets battered with him walking the pitch like he did in the last 3 seasons against very good teams in the UCL.

He is the GOAT, but these awards have always been biased.

Mbappe is gonna win at least 2 in the future, so he shouldn't care too much though

Bobski

The type of ridiculous event that has you both exhausted then post-game wanting to go out and climb mountains.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Congrats to the argie posters here! Brilliant world cup campaign after the Saudi game.

Canagel

Another game comfirming Di Maria was Argentina's most important player all along :lol:

Btw, deserved win anyways, insane game. This goes right up with Italy-Germany as the greatest game in WC history

Congrats to the argies. Get In!!!!!!!
Taking him off was a terrible decision that almost backfired. While he was on the pitch the game wasn't even close tbh.