Gaming The Final Fantasy Thread

What's your favourite single-player FF?

• Total voters

Rahul

I should really play VII, i've actually only played titles after X !

Need to find myself a ps1 emulator then, or just buy a second hand psx game and play it on the ps2.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I should really play VII, i've actually only played titles after X !
Need to find myself a ps1 emulator then, or just buy a second hand psx game and play it on the ps2.
Ouch! You've missed out on some of the greatest games ever made!
I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could help provide me with a working version of FFVI on the PC. :)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Anything to be honest. Last time i tried an emulator though, it was a bit slow.

London_Red

I exist
It was Aries or Tifa, Garnet was in IX but other than that i agree with you 100% I hated VIII and loved VII. The most moving gaming experience of my life. In a strange way even the imperfections made it better (graphics etc..)
Meant Tifa. Silly me. I actually prefered 9 to 7 but its marginal. I think it was the story for me that swayed it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I liked 9 but the beginning...in fact most of the first disc was a bit boring
I never actually played 9, my older brother said it was shite so I never gave it a go.

7 & 10 are the two best in the series for me, if I had to pick one I would just probably edge for 7 as it was the 1st RPG I ever played.

Also, I have a 60gb PS3 in the UK, would FF10 work on my PS3 or not?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You would have to check the official Sony compatibility list. They have a webpage just for that.
Ok cheers.

All this talk of FF has got me in the mood for having another round on it.

Like most other people I was also disappointed with 12, started off well but then became all too easy.

WeasteDevil

Ok cheers.

All this talk of FF has got me in the mood for having another round on it.

Like most other people I was also disappointed with 12, started off well but then became all too easy.
I just checked:

http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm

It depends on what the product code is. It goes from playing with noticable issues, to playing perfectly.

Hellboy

I've played FF all my life, definitely my second passion after Manchester United.

FF XII was a big let down though.

Right know I'm having an other round on it, FF7, FF8, FF9, all on my PSP.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Seems like I'm the only one in here that liked FFXII...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Didn't finish it - loved the world and the graphics, but when you can outlast a 5 hour battle, the end boss is dead simple.
I got up to the Ridorana Cataract about 2 months ago, am I far off from finishing it? If I aint too far off, I may well just do it to see the ending, although I always like maxing out my characters before I do that.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only problem with FF VII is that you can't use the analogue sticks to move around. It was only set up for the directional buttons which was fine at the time, but after using the sticks ever since it's a constant annoyance to go back to using the D-Pad. It's the only thing stopping me from playing it again (and again).

London_Red

I exist
Its possible to play FFVII on your pc. If you go to google and type in FFVII ultima torrent you can download it. It works perfectly i have completed it on my laptop. Its also possible to download patches to improve the character graphics. The character graphics are replaced by the characters in the FFVII advent children film. Slows the game down a bit. Havent found a FFIX one though that works fully.

London_Red

I exist
If anyone has found a working FFIX pcgame it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. Whether its fully pc based or using a psx emulator i dont care as long as it plays smoothly and it works. Cheers.

Dowders_Jnr

I think X's a little overrated personally. I didn't really feel anything for the characters, Tidus is probably the most annoying lead character ever. Its still a good game, but given that it was so hyped up as being the first FF on the then next-gen console, it never really lived it up to the hype or played significantly different to the PS one classics.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thought Tidus was a great character!

The only thing I found annoying in X was the fact only Yuna could summon Aeons, aside from that I couldn't fault the game at all. Good length, plenty of side quests, great enemies/bosses, terrific storyline and a wonderful cast of characters.