g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The First Redcafe NBA Draft

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Humm

You can already create a thread for the 1st game and then ask a mod to put in place a poll.

kps88

This thread is hilarious. Everyone complaining but no one wanting to take the initiative. Fell apart without Aldo.

Skills

Snitch
This thread is hilarious. Everyone complaining but no one wanting to take the initiative. Fell apart without Aldo.
Don't think the matches would've worked anyway. The line ups, match ups, changes/subs, time outs and all of that kinda stuff is too important in a basketball game.

It's not like a football or cricket draft, where it's mostly about the quality of players on the pitch.

Mani

Don't think the matches would've worked anyway. The line ups, match ups, changes/subs, time outs and all of that kinda stuff is too important in a basketball game.

It's not like a football or cricket draft, where it's mostly about the quality of players on the pitch.
Agree there,constant changes/bench players getting in and discussion based on it would be difficult.

Grib

Agree there,constant changes/bench players getting in and discussion based on it would be difficult.
I'd like this to go ahead, be good reading

I don't think it's that big an issue, you're still arguing your teams strengths and the oppositions weakness and match ups

If you've a good bench that's a straight forward plus
If the opponents centre is a notorious lazy feck and gets in foul trouble that's s other argument you use
If you have a top clutch player that's another etc

Get it going fellas ;)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You could do something like that:

- Round reinforcements will consist of 2 picks per team and will be conducted in the reverse order of the initial format or via a draw
- The Reinforcements pool will consist of all players from the losing teams

Akshay

Staff
Right let's get the ball rolling on the reinforcement round. We will be doing this:
You could do something like that:

- Round reinforcements will consist of 2 picks per team and will be conducted in the reverse order of the initial format or via a draw
- The Reinforcements pool will consist of all players from the losing teams
@MJJ @Eboue @NM @Skizzo are the remaining teams I believe.

I think reverse order is fair but might be biased as that would give us first pick. If the rest think we should do a draw, I'm up for it. Otherwise pick order is
1. MJJ
2. Eboue
3. NM
4. Skizzo

Mani

Why re-draw? just go in reverse order, that's how every draft here are played isn't?

MJJ

Right let's get the ball rolling on the reinforcement round. We will be doing this:

@MJJ @Eboue @NM @Skizzo are the remaining teams I believe.

I think reverse order is fair but might be biased as that would give us first pick. If the rest think we should do a draw, I'm up for it. Otherwise pick order is
1. MJJ
2. Eboue
3. NM
4. Skizzo
Why re-draw? just go in reverse order, that's how every draft here are played isn't?
Yes, yes it is.

We pick kobe @Eboue

Skills

Snitch
2. Revan: Kobe, Kidd, Gasol, Mutombo, George, Artest, Yao, Stoudemire, Crawford, Bibby
3. Skills: LeBron, Pippen, CP3, Ewing, Miller, Harden, Aldridge, Jordan, Mike Miller, Rose
5. RD: Olajuwon, Webber, Nash, McGrady, Marion, Melo, Mourning, Bowen, Butler, Davis
6. Mani: Malone, Iverson, Parker, Howard, Hill, Fisher, Drexler, Allen, Ibaka, Eddie Jones

1. Skizzo: Shaq, Wade, Payton, Draymond, Kawhi, Green, Iguodala, Williams, Bogut
4. NM: Duncan, Robinson, Stockton, Pierce, Ginobili, Richmond, Horford, Rondo, Camby, Finley
7. Eboue: Curry, Nowitzki, Carter, Davis, Thompson, Peja, Barkley, Chandler, Sheed, Rubio
8: MJJ: Garnett, Durant, Allen, Westbrook, Wallace, Rodman, Billups, Bosh, Mullins, A.Robertson, Kobe Bryant

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
By the way, I personally think 2 reinforcements is ridiculous. It's 40% of the team. Should be 1 in each round.

NM

Pippen.

@Skizzo

skrewed by the number 1 picks left on the other teams that got knocked out.