The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

Thisistheone

Quality stuff, TITO.

I've sent my formation to Aldo, all set to go. 12 Noon UK time is 11pm here, so that should be fine as a start time. Gives me 2 hours or so to get my points across before I go to bed.
Cheers, All the best for the match.

Thisistheone

Been a hectic weekend and then work was a bit crazy so the player profiles were a bit rushed, so, sorry for the spelling mistakes and other errors.

What I found interesting from the Totti quotes was Trap comparing him to Eusabio and Pele. That is not something I'd heard before now.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Jayvin vs Thisistheone - 24 Feb
Edgar Allan Pillow vs Snipers Breath - 24 Feb
Cutch vs sullydnl - 25 Feb
crappycraperson vs Pippa - 25 Feb
MJJ vs VivaJanuzaj - 26 Feb
Stobzilla vs antohan - 26 Feb
Balu vs Polaroid - 27 Feb
Chesterlestreet vs Gio - 27 Feb

Is that alright?
That's fine. I'm moving into new house on Friday so Thursday should be okay.

Moby

Dick
It was changed again but your date didn't change. Latest :

Jayvin vs Thisistheone - 24 Feb
Edgar Allan Pillow vs Snipers Breath - 25 Feb
crappycraperson vs Pippa - 25 Feb
MJJ vs VivaJanuzaj - 26 Feb
Stobzilla vs antohan - 26 Feb
Balu vs Polaroid - 27 Feb
Chesterlestreet vs Gio - 27 Feb
Cutch vs sullydnl - 28 Feb

Polaroid

Ffs, first he blocks Matthäus, then no one blocks Redondo for his 3rd stage pick and now I have to play his team. Nightmare. Good luck, @Polaroid ;).
Sorry haven't been online for a while, what a draw! Even though I am up against a very strong team, it will be a match I will enjoy even when I lose, simply because you play the game in the right spirit, with healthy discussion that elevates understanding of the game. These are the managers that will knock out my team but I still have a good time, Gio just to name another one.

VivaJanuzaj

Sorry haven't been online for a while, what a draw! Even though I am up against a very strong team, it will be a match I will enjoy even when I lose, simply because you play the game in the right spirit, with healthy discussion that elevates understanding of the game. These are the managers that will knock out my team but I still have a good time, Gio just to name another one.
Your game vs Balu is as tight as it gets imo. Great matchup!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I watched the Juve - Dortmund CL final yesterday to get into the right mood for the Sammer vs Zidane battle ;). It'll be a hell of a fight for my German boys here, they're up against a great team.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I watched the Juve - Dortmund CL final yesterday to get into the right mood for the Sammer vs Zidane battle ;). It'll be a hell of a fight for my German boys here, they're up against a great team.
You'll never cut it without Lambert.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Andy Goram
Widely regarded as Rangers and Scotland's greatest ever goalkeeper. Exceptional shot-stopper whose big-match temperament won countless points for his club. The late Celtic manager Tommy Burns eulogised that when he died they could put "Andy Goram broke my heart" on his tombstone. Birds and booze curtailed his time at the top and he was a fat mess by the time he waddled into Old Trafford, but between 1992 and 1995 Goram had few if any peers.

Andreas Brehme
In Europe's three major leagues, Brehme is one of only two full-backs to have won player of the year in the last four decades. Brehme achieved this in 1989 - when Serie A was at its fearsome best. Defensively robust, two-footed and a set-piece expert, has also scored three goals in World Cup semi-finals and finals.

Amedeo Carboni

Only Paulo Maldini prevented Carboni from racking up close to a century of caps. Solid and reliable: a proper left-back whose pace and positioning was an important part of Valencia's great defence under Ranieri, Cuper and Benitez. Despite frequently coming up against a stable of brilliant right-wingers in La Liga - Luis Figo, Joaquin, Victor, Overmars - Carboni was reliable and rarely exposed. In a position where pace is everything, the fact he was still playing first-team football for Valencia at 41 (and winning European trophies) is testament to Carboni's longevity and the calibre of his under-rated defensive nous.

Jurgen Kohler
One of the greatest defenders of all time and easily the greatest man-marker of the modern era. He further strengthens an already bulletproof defence.

Sol Campbell
Imperious one-on-one, he was dominant in both the Premiership (3 times PFA Team of the Year) and on the international stage, making the Team of the Tournament at World Cup 2002 and Euro 2004. Pivotal to the Invincibles' success as their defensive struggles post-Campbell demonstrate. The first £100,000-a-week Premiership player showed the regard in which he was held. Gave England a fighting chance with his performances in major tournaments, twice heading in late winners disallowed only for the wankerish behaviour of others (Shearer and Terry).

Guiseppe Bergomi
One of the greatest defenders of all time at home right across the back-line. Perhaps only Pele made such a defining impact so young on the World Cup stage as the precocious 18-year-old Bergomi did in 1982. That was one of four World Cups Bergomi appeared in and it was Italia '90 when he was at the peak of his powers, alongside Baresi as the defensive star of the tournament. A whopping 758 appearances for Inter.

Christian Panucci
A solid right-back whose CV included the likes of Milan, Real Madrid, Inter and Roma. Typically defensively sound Italian who slotted in seamlessly at centre-half but was tidy, productive and classy when advancing down the flank. Another who excelled in the air (fellow Scots will recall his cruel last-minute headed winner at the climax of the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign).

Edgar Davids
Tenacious central midfielder whose dominance of the centre of the park was the platform for the great Juventus and Holland sides of the late 1990s. In the Team of the Tournament for both World Cup 1998 and Euro 2000. At the 1998 World Cup, he ran the midfield in the second round against Yugoslavia (scoring an injury time winner), against Argentina in a superb quarter final, and again against Brazil in a semi-final the Dutch lost because of profligacy in front of goal (and the creative brilliance of Rivaldo). At Euro 2000, more of the same at the business end of the tournament. A pure box-to-box midfielder (see this outrageous recovery to tackle a peak Ronaldo in the 1998 semi)

Diego Simeone
Top-level midfield enforcer who amassed 106 caps for Argentina. A born leader who was willing to do what it takes to win the midfield battle. Voted by Atletico fans last year into their all-time XI for his impact in their La Liga success in 1996. Hungry in the air and the one-man engine room behind the Inter and great Lazio team of the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Rivaldo
Between Maradona and Messi, nobody bettered the peak that Rivaldo achieved with Barcelona and Brazil. Possessor of one of the greatest and most multi-faceted left-feet the game has ever seen, he was a scintillating, talismanic, match-winner between 1998 and 2002. Blessed with eyes in the back of his head, a gorgeous touch, his hat-trick against Valencia on the last day of the 2000/01 season remains one of - if not the - greatest performances in the history of the game.

Pavel Nedved
Goalscoring midfielder brimming with energy and commitment. His repertoire of goals in Serie A was exceptional such was his ability to find the net from long range. Two-footed and aggressive, he inspired Juventus to the CL final in 2002-03, only to miss the match as a result of suspension. No less of a legend on the international stage as his talismanic performances at Euro 1996 and 2004 testify.

Michel
The foremost right-winger during the late-1980s and early-1990s as his Ballon D'Or nominations (4th in 1987, 13th in 1988 and 1989) testify. His fantastic crossing ability (Vieri's going to have a field day), eye for goal (good for 15-20 a season, 3rd top scorer at Italia '90 and European Cup top scorer in 1988) and creative interplay will be invaluable. Collected 16 titles at a Real Madrid team that was second only to the great Milan in the late 1980s.

Claudio Lopez
Electric forward who spent a number of excellent seasons at Valencia. Equally at home on the left wing or in attack, his 30 goals in 1998/99 were perhaps the statistical highlight but it was his leading role in the regular demolitions of reigning European champions Real Madrid (see the 6-0 hammering) and Barcelona which really caught the imagination.

Gheorge Hagi
Irrepressible genius who combined playmaking and goalscoring panache like few others. His portfolio of long-range goals of that wondrous left peg is worth a watch for even the most jaded Caftard. While he regularly rattled in over 30 strikes a season in Romania, it was his prompting, probing and passing that captured the imagination. Talisman of the most entertaining team of the 1994 World Cup, had spells with both Real Madrid and Barcelona, and brought UEFA and Supercup glory to Galatasaray in his mid-30s.
  • Craig Brown: "At his hypnotic best he was unstoppable."

Christian Vieri
Hulking line-leader who was as good as it got around the turn of the century. A fearsome physical presence who remains the all-time top scorer of headed goals in Serie A. A ruthless finisher however the chances came to him, grabbing the Pichichi with 24 in 24 for Atletico, banging in 103 in 143 for Inter and rattling in 8 World Cup goals for Italy.

Sub:
Patrick Andersson

Marshalled the Sweden defence to a highly impressive third-place finish at the 1994 World Cup. Was the same commanding presence in Bayern's Champions League win in 2001, having drilled in the crucial 'last-kick-of-the-season' winner in that season's Bundesliga race (poor Schalke). Injury-prone in his latter years, yet that Barcelona signed him at the age of 31 shows the high standing he had within the game. A long and distinguished career, collecting 96 caps for Sweden (when they were a force) and considered their greatest defender of the modern era.

Last edited:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Cracking stuff Gio :lol: Love the bit on Gorams stint at OT

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Submitted formation and tactics, I am dying on my arse with flu so it is a short one.

Going to have to put up as much of a fight as possible.