The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Annahnomoss A auction draft is no fun without superstars, someone worth risking your budget on a gamble. I would keep it all stars maybe post birth date 1950's with continental restrictions or something like that.

Who chooses the auction pool for the round? If players nominate one each for the pool, they would end up bidding for their own only.
And say, I bid on Effenberg and so does VivaJ with equal amount, what happens? Do we have to continue outbidding? or can I change to another player?
Can I bid on multiple players in same round?
What if I run out of cash in end rounds?
What if I bid on a player but get outbid by someone else? Do I not get a player in that round? or should all bid for everyone and get allocated if they don't win?

Annahnomoss

@Edgar Allan Pillow

The bidding list will be official. You will see exactly what VivaJ has bidded and you can't bid the same amount, you have to top it.

If you don't want to top it you change your bidding strategy to get the players you want. Say you thought you'd get an AM for 30 m, so you put a bid(not bid-war) on Ferdinand for 30 m, but now you need more AM money, then you just make a bid on an AM for 50 m and change your bid on the defender or whatever.

You can't "Not get a player", if all other 15 managers has made a bid and are happy, then you can top their bids or pick a new player to bid for.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Only problem with the open auction process will be the deadline...

if someone is not online at that time, he can miss out on players

Annahnomoss

Only problem with the open auction process will be the deadline...

if someone is not online at that time, he can miss out on players
@Polaroid haven't replied in a while. But that scenario will be impossible. Every manager will have to accept that the Silly-Season is over before it is.

The idea is that every manager pretty much thinks the draft-period is the funniest part of the drafts in general. So not shortening them and making them more exciting will hopefully keep it fun.

One shouldn't forget that we will be testing something new, like every time you test something new you will run in to errors and issues. Hopefully the managers can solve them as a group, and in a worst case scenario the admins may end up deciding.

Moby

Dick
Congrats Gio for winning the draft and thank you everyone for participating in voting. And above all to all the managers for actively making this a smooth sail from start to end. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

VivaJanuzaj

Aldo it really was by far the most enjoyable draft I've ever participated in, incredible stuff thanks the sheep concept is brilliant and I'm already looking forward for anto's sheep draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Aldo it really was by far the most enjoyable draft I've ever participated in, incredible stuff thanks the sheep concept is brilliant and I'm already looking forward for anto's sheep draft
:drool:

Great job @AldoPaine18 . It really was an amazing draft.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Well facilitated Aldo. These things always require a lot of, often unappreciated, work and organisation.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Was very good fun. Well done to Aldo and kps for seemingly being online 24/7 so it would run smoothly. Well done to Gio aswell, actually thought his team wasn't the best at the early stages with a couple of sheep onboard, but he sold it well and strengthened as he progressed in important areas. Unlucky TITO who almost got my vote last night, but in the end it was too close for me to call.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Brilliant fun, think it was my second first round exit. Will be interested to see the Auction Draft rules to get stuck in there if Pace does pull out.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Nice one Aldo and KM. Really enjoyed the drafting process.

Have tonnes of ideas for the next one! :D