Film The Flash

Hamnat

They going all in on the Ezra of it all. They seem confident in the marketing strategy now.

evil_geko

I couldn't stand Ezra even before all his recent idiocy, but I have to watch this just because of Keaton alone. Cringe Ezra aside, good trailer.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm more than happy to criticize DC live action as they're usually trash but this looks excellent. I started the trailer thinking how/why the feck are they still releasing this especially with all the Ezra shit, finished it thinking I'm gonna have to watch this day 1.

Looks like they're going flashpoint, which could be a fantastic way to start Gunnverse.
I wonder if Keaton is actually playing Thomas Wayne and this is all to throw us off.

Sylar

I'm more than happy to criticize DC live action as they're usually trash but this looks excellent. I started the trailer thinking how/why the feck are they still releasing this especially with all the Ezra shit, finished it thinking I'm gonna have to watch this day 1.

Looks like they're going flashpoint, which could be a fantastic way to start Gunnverse.
I wonder if Keaton is actually playing Thomas Wayne and this is all to throw us off.
This does look good. Really, the blueprint for Flashpoint is with the animated movie. A live version as close as possible copy is all they need to do.

Im guessing Gunn is using this to start his own DCCU (and its unfortunate who the flash is). But they had to use this given what it will do.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
This does look good. Really, the blueprint for Flashpoint is with the animated movie. A live version as close as possible copy is all they need to do.

Im guessing Gunn is using this to start his own DCCU (and its unfortunate who the flash is). But they had to use this given what it will do.
An excellent film, I'm due a rewatch.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I thought they’re scrapping the current DC universe and resetting it with Gunn at the helm? There’s still Batfleck etc here?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I thought they’re scrapping the current DC universe and resetting it with Gunn at the helm? There’s still Batfleck etc here?
If it ends like flashpoint then this will bridge between the current universe and Gunnverse in a way that makes sense.

Sylar

I think this is the best way to do the reset (movie going way) rather than just to scrap and start again (but keep one or two)
As said by @SalfordRed18 , its a good way to bridge the ol universe with the new (and basically their last chance to have a universe going forward imo)

Ekeke

The only problem with this Flash movie leading into the reboot is Ezra is the one person you dont want to continue into the reboot. Did nothing for me in either Justice League attempt, not looking interesting to me from the trailer either. At this point I'd just like it to be over and done with so we can see who the new faces are and how much better of a story Gunn can tell with the material.

Now that I think about it, I would have been happy with the next movie just starting out with this Flash doing a 10 minute story that reboots the universe and go from there.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This will be terrible. The Flash is meant to be loveable hero and there's nothing to love about Ezra. And his performances are shit on top of that.

This is typical DC CGI fest. I bet they feck this up trying to recreate the last Spiderman movie and the nostalgia hit it gave.

Sylar

This will be terrible. The Flash is meant to be loveable hero and there's nothing to love about Ezra. And his performances are shit on top of that.

This is typical DC CGI fest. I bet they feck this up trying to recreate the last Spiderman movie and the nostalgia hit it gave.
TBF, the longer Keaton is in it, the better for the movie.
Though im also expecting some people to say 'why is the vulture from MCU in the DCU...'

evil_geko

All that watched this movie are saying Ezra is great in this and is literally carrying the movie, so we shall see. I never liked his acting but I am always open to changing mind if he improves.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
All that watched this movie are saying Ezra is great in this and is literally carrying the movie, so we shall see. I never liked his acting but I am always open to changing mind if he improves.
Who would've watched it already if it's due for a June release? Critics already had access?

Sylar

The problem is going to be the type of person he is outside (and its not standard hollywood schmucky behaviour, its even worse for him)

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Who's seen it? Not out for months

evil_geko

Who would've watched it already if it's due for a June release? Critics already had access?
Who's seen it? Not out for months
Was probably test viewers and whatnot like movies usually have, not critics per se.

The problem is going to be the type of person he is outside (and its not standard hollywood schmucky behaviour, its even worse for him)
Yeah, he is a big idiot in real life, but I personally don't have a problem "separating art from the artist".

Big Andy

Bloke
Not gonna lie, the DC universe has been un-coordinated shite so far, but this looks like it could be good. Hopefully James Gunn will craft some sort of huge story arc that will work, and we don't keep getting the same Batman movies with different actors every 5 years or so.

Sylar

The flashpoint animated movie is still the best DC property ive seen in terms of movies and all. It was excellent and that was based on the source material. With a few different characters (for different reasons), it shouldnt be difficult to tell a fantastic story as well as 'reboot' the DCEU

Drifter

American
This does look good and early screening have been favorable. But we saw this with the early Justice league.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watched this.

Very good, easily better than most DC live action properties but that's not hard.

We finally get to see Nic Cages superman :drool:

Sylar

I enjoyed it. I liked the little call backs / cameos and all

The animated flashpoint is still the best because there's not much restrictions to that.
For this , it was a good movie.
And I guess a reboot and we will see the fallout from This beyond this movie now?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I enjoyed it. I liked the little call backs / cameos and all

The animated flashpoint is still the best because there's not much restrictions to that.
For this , it was a good movie.
And I guess a reboot and we will see the fallout from This beyond this movie now?
Yeah. When worlds were colliding i thought that was it. Suppose he's still changed the timeline though.

Be interesting to see how they handle the fallout, it they handle the fallout. Feel like Clooney is one and done, so they gotta do something with it all.

Sylar

Yeah. When worlds were colliding i thought that was it. Suppose he's still changed the timeline though.

Be interesting to see how they handle the fallout, it they handle the fallout. Feel like Clooney is one and done, so they gotta do something with it all.
The CGI scene with the world's moment was dodgy btw. It looked like it was fanmade :lol:

They could always go the route

that ezra flash is stuck in clooneys universe ... And we never see it again
Paving the way for a new flash actor, new batman / Bruce , etc. Whilst keeping some of the ones they want to keep

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
The CGI scene with the world's moment was dodgy btw. It looked like it was fanmade :lol:

They could always go the route

that ezra flash is stuck in clooneys universe ... And we never see it again
Paving the way for a new flash actor, new batman / Bruce , etc. Whilst keeping some of the ones they want to keep
The CGI was dodgy throughout for me. Looked like AI generated multiverse or some shit.

I like that idea. Already seen that different people can be variants of the same person so can easily change actor.

Thought it was funny they essentially shat on Marvel's explanation of time travel/multiverse too.

dinostar77

Just got out of the cinema. Really enjoyed this. By far the best DC movie so far. Good fun. First 2/3 are great, does overstretch in last 3rd but really enjoyable.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just got out of the cinema. Really enjoyed this. By far the best DC movie so far. Good fun. First 2/3 are great, does overstretch in last 3rd but really enjoyable.
The suicide squad is comfortably better imo.

Think this is comfortably better than the rest mind.

dinostar77

Last edited:

Sylar

Movies are very subjective. I didnt like either suicide squad movie.

However on a related note, there were scenes shot for the Flash which were axed. Including a different ending and a expanded post credit scene setting up Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline.

https://comicbookmovie.com/the-flas...-supposed-to-end-and-what-was-changed-a203811
Hmm interesting. Guessing it got changed due to Gunn so there must be a plan given the changes

Do hope we get more stuff with Supergirl going forward. It wasn't her movie so not gonna complain too much but there's a lot of potential for her story

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Been reading all the complaints about the Cgi. The director had to respond and say it was on purpose, basically.

The Flash's Visual Effects Are Meant to Look Like That
Ach, I hate websites that take ten paragraphs and a dozen scroll down ads before getting to the point. Thanks though :) seems like a crap argument considering the problem the industry has with visual effects studios across the board.

“No, we used all real babies,” Barbara joked, but then Andy gave us the real answer. “The idea, of course, is...we are in the perspective of the Flash,” he said. “Everything is distorted in terms of lights and textures. We enter this ‘waterworld’ which is basically being in Barry’s POV. It was part of the design so if it looks a little weird to you that was intended.”

Big Andy

Bloke
I watched it today, really enjoyed it, although I’ve always had a soft spot for the Flash since the 90’s series which I loved as a kid.

Ezra (while being a bit of a dick) was excellent as Barry(‘s) and I’d like to see him back again as Flash in the future

0le

5/10

There was an interesting scenes with Ben Afleck's Batman and the Flash. First they had a bizarre interaction with Wonder Woman, as they were tied by the lasso. But then they added a brief scene where the pair bonded over being alone, which felt a lot better but was too short in my view.

The mother and Keaton's batman were great.

The mother added a lot of emotion and I think generally the scenes (except the ending) with the older flash and his mother worked well.

Keaton was great. Would need to see it again but the scenes he is in work well. The voice, the soundtrack, the action scenes with the bat gear. For me, his character takes time away from the irritating 18 year old flash. Why do directors have to make these over the top annoying characters in every film? This character was begging his older self to do those stunts in his room, threatening to call his mum if the older flash didn't comply. An 18 year old shouting to his mum. Really? Then he was freaking out in the bat cave...it just felt over the top.

I actually really liked superwoman. Very interesting gritty character. Worked well I think with a decent back story. I'm glad they didn't try and make her some sort of "female Clark Kent" but actually I thought the body guard angle worked well. A shame she was killed off.

The superman CGIs were so bad. It ruined that scene for me.

The ending made no sense. A grown woman isn't going to randomly hug a complete stranger with obviously stolen gear on his face. That was stupid. I don't buy into this argument that she "recognised" him or "had compassion" for him. It was just silly. Flash then removes the tomato cans to a new shelf. He went through all that trouble to learn not to mess with time and then he moves the tomatoes - therefore messing with time all over again. Ridiculous ending.