Film The Flash

Old Ma Crow

Probably the worst DC source film I’ve seen so far and watching Marvel’s Guardians 3 soon after doesn’t help. Flash was meh with some cameo padding and Guardians enjoyable and engaging.

Jacob

It was so bad I thought it was on purposed, looked like a PS4 game.

Oldyella

Finally watched this. What a car crash. Keaton was as good as he normally is though, and Superwoman was decent. That aside..

Sylar

:lol: This is just such a load of horseshit. The human faces looked like early 00's CGI, and even then they would have looked ropey. You don't make something that's hard to make look good look bad on purpose ffs :lol:
It being on purpose is certainly something you can go for :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
My review is up higher. But I had to sit through this again while making dinner and my girlfriend had it on. She hates it. Did point out something valid…

Why if it’s a multiverse type gig did they not use the multiverse to sack off Miller and bring in a well cast and less problematic Flash to properly reboot. All they needed to do is say that that one world is the only one where his mum doesn’t die. Or if that’s a little too antagonistic to comic book nerds, make it the one universe that his father doesn’t get sent to Prison. Then set all future stories in that world. Ezra gone. Same emotional heft. Probably more so as Millers Flash gives up something.

T_Model101

Watched this the other day and can see how it's on track to be one of the biggest flops of all time
Ben Afflecks face in the Batman suit at the start was disturbingly "off"
Why they decided to have the Flash as the most awkward human being who has ever lived, I do not know

Sylar

My review is up higher. But I had to sit through this again while making dinner and my girlfriend had it on. She hates it. Did point out something valid…

Why if it’s a multiverse type gig did they not use the multiverse to sack off Miller and bring in a well cast and less problematic Flash to properly reboot. All they needed to do is say that that one world is the only one where his mum doesn’t die. Or if that’s a little too antagonistic to comic book nerds, make it the one universe that his father doesn’t get sent to Prison. Then set all future stories in that world. Ezra gone. Same emotional heft. Probably more so as Millers Flash gives up something.
I actually thought thats how they would use this as a reboot. But they didnt and thats what makes the ending even weirder because it didnt really reboot a new universe. Unless the new universe has Clooneys batman.
Or if we never ever see that universe again, with AquaMan, ClooneyBatman and so forth, then they could have used the post credit or ending to show that (if they are sticking with some actors but not others).
They could have easily delayed this further to make the changes. If Gunn is sticking with Miller, it makes no sense.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Most jarring to me was the terrible cgi of the human faces. I didn't think it was completely terrible not for the storytelling me I did get a chuckle at times. Still, I've read enough about Ezra Miller where I just can't appreciate his acting at all when I know he just seems to be a terrible human being.

As an aside Supergirl was :drool:
Maybe I have a type I didn't know I did.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I didn't actually hate it. In fact I quite enjoyed it once I got over the janky CGI. The story wasn't a convoluted mess and I liked the dynamic between Ezra Miller and Ezra Miller. It's just a shame that they're a massive cnut in real life.

Michael Keaton just has an effortless ability to be awesome whenever he's on screen so I was able to tolerate the forced nostalgia (except when he randomly said the "let's get nuts" line, because for fecks sake).

As far as superhero movies from the last few years go, and as far as DC movies since Man of Steel have been, it was decent. It's a shame that it flopped because, through the thick layers of forced humour and callbacks, it was kind of a risky movie to make and I doubt they'll do it again. Compared to the umpteen visually and narratively boring DC/Marvel movies that come out nowadays, this was worth a watch.