Television The Fortune Hotel (ITV) | Like The Traitors but different

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
For anyone in the UK, give Fortune Hotel on ITV/ITVX a chance. Cinematically it's copied Traitors 100%, with the music and actions at the end of episodes... if you watch it you'll see what I mean. Premise is slightly different but it is not bad.

I've only watched the first episode though. There are four out currently.

CallyRed

For anyone in the UK, give Fortune Hotel on ITV/ITVX a chance. Cinematically it's copied Traitors 100%, with the music and actions at the end of episodes... if you watch it you'll see what I mean. Premise is slightly different but it is not bad.

I've only watched the first episode though. There are four out currently.
Watched all four episodes. It's quite good. Some annoying couples

CallyRed

I've caught up. Yeah, I agree. I do like that the challenges have more consequence in this but some of the couples are more annoying than the contestants on The Traitors.
The Welsh mother and daughter especially, that rant :lol: .

Next week episodes looks good.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watching the 1st episode of the fortune hotel. We need a thread because some of the people on that first task... Tree stump :lol:

sebsheep

I was thinking about that too. The daily challenges to sort the swapping order could be done like @Solius did with the squid game. Toughest thing would be what to do for the swap/peek hotel tasks, and what the overall prize would be that people are hunting for.
Kenwood juicer, no?

sebsheep

Joanna and Will (mum and the son team) are great
"Pina Colada, penis enlarger" :lol:

"Gimme a spice"
"Victoria Beckham" :lol:

Damien

Staff
Will played that perfectly. Glad he and Jo got some money at least, they played the game the best so far. Will has traits of Wilf and Harry from The Traitors.

Damien

Staff
No surprise to see Michael and Adam eliminated. Jae and Cherish are probably in pole position - they didn't reveal to either other couple in their alliance that they have the money so I think they could give the checkout card to anyone but Will and Jo-Anne and pretend that Will and Jo-Anne had the money and send it in their direction, whereas if they give the checkout card straight to Will and Jo-Anne, if they finish top in the challenge they could swap it back to anyone else.

CallyRed

No surprise to see Michael and Adam eliminated. Jae and Cherish are probably in pole position - they didn't reveal to either other couple in their alliance that they have the money so I think they could give the checkout card to anyone but Will and Jo-Anne and pretend that Will and Jo-Anne had the money and send it in their direction, whereas if they give the checkout card straight to Will and Jo-Anne, if they finish top in the challenge they could swap it back to anyone else.
Jae and Cherish are just the worst

sebsheep

That was a really good task.
Would definitely be handing that case over to Michael and Adam.

sebsheep

Cherish and Jae spending the whole day annoyed at Dan and Claire because they mistakenly assumed they gave them the early checkout card, then winning the challenge and taking them out to end up with the money that Dan and Claire had just swapped for is wild! :lol:

sebsheep

Severe lack of thinking all around in this one :lol:
Jo-anne and Will screwing up their "confession".
Putting their allies so low down, not expecting anyone else to make a switch for that case.
Cherish and Jae being confused as to why they weren't given the early checkout... right after someone else had switched cases with them, taking a case Michael and Adam had just given them.
Tommy and Scott not questioning why everyone wanted that case.

Damien

Staff
I think Jae and Cherish will probably win the whole thing but I hate them for stabbing Sam and Aisha like that. They now have 30k I think. If there is a second series they might need to change things up a bit to make things less predictable - halfway through the episode it was obvious who was going.

CallyRed

Jo Anne and Will deserved to win, they played the best game, though Will did speak a bit too much at times

sebsheep

I think Jae and Cherish will probably win the whole thing but I hate them for stabbing Sam and Aisha like that. They now have 30k I think. If there is a second series they might need to change things up a bit to make things less predictable - halfway through the episode it was obvious who was going.

Would like Sam and Ayesha to win really. We'll see what twists the final episode brings.
The we need to start thinking of ourselves chat was laughable, without Sam and Ayesha they could have been going home. They also have £20k already.

Damien

Staff
Jo Anne and Will deserved to win, they played the best game, though Will did speak a bit too much at times
Couldn't be happier with how it ended, especially with them giving some of the money to Samm and Aysha. They played the game throughout and I think they genuinely valued the alliances they made, whereas with Jae and Cherish they badmouthed Jo-Anne and Will doing an alliance but they were worse and stabbed Samm and Aysha in the back. Hope at least they apologised at some point even if it wasn't aired.

Damien

Staff

Would like Sam and Ayesha to win really. We'll see what twists the final episode brings.
The we need to start thinking of ourselves chat was laughable, without Sam and Ayesha they could have been going home. They also have £20k already.
I agree completely. Extra £5k each for them at that age is huge but it just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Welsh mum and daughter are annoying as feck. The daughter is a proper weirdo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Decent show all together, though could do with some tweaks to the format.

Whilst I like making challenges actually mean something, you kind of lose most of the drama when the early checkout duo finish anything but last. Because they're free to just pass it on to whoever just had a bad challenge (or even got shafted by the producers as was the case with the It Is Sunk boat) and was below them. It makes it quite powerful really but means people just get to eliminate whoever they feel like most of the time and halfway through the episode you know the outcome of who is going.

It also felt a bit rigged on the boat when the first question (That Will & Jo-Anne needed to win) was about how many people called Will a snake, and only they'd have known his mum also put him down. Nobody else would've had a chance of getting that right.

I think they'd need to introduce something else that can twist it before the bar bit.

Some of the couples were pretty annoying, like the Welsh ones who genuinely acted like they'd got brainworms or something. They made zero sense. Cherish and Jae were irritating too with their cockiness despite it being misplaced, and they got rid of two really good and fair players in Dan and Claire.

I found myself preferring one of Adam/Michael or Jo-Anne/Will to win as even though I could see why they alienated themselves they still were just playing the game and playing it well. I also quite liked Aysha and Samm despite how safe they played. She had a moody resting face but was quite funny.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
finished it. Jae and Cherish were just the worst. I feel in general the contestants were a lot less likeable than The Traitors? Glad Will and Joanne won it though.

also kinda like the traitors the format makes it hard for the good players to actually stay in the game. No way did Sam and Aisha deserve to be in the final.