The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
yesterday couldnt decide between the two players and today was busy so didnt make it in time :(

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
yesterday couldnt decide between the two players and today was busy so didnt make it in time :(
We are still 6 out of 8 in the battle to earn a sheep :)

Have you submitted your choice for the 2nd pick?

Re2P2

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Re2P2:

Enigma_87 - FAIL (Already picked)
Raees - FAIL (Already picked)

Downcast - PASS
Šjor Bepo - FAIL (Already picked)
oneniltothearsenal - PASS
RedTiger/Peyroteo - PASS

Block list: Gio, Chester.

R2 - Results

The Stain

Enigma_87 - BLOCKED (Gio)
Raees - BLOCKED (Chester)
Downcast - BLOCKED (Gio)

Joga Bonito - PASS - Tuppet - Figueroa
Šjor Bepo - FAIL (Missed deadline)
oneniltothearsenal - BLOCKED (Chester)

Pat_Mustard - PASS - Cal? - Kohler
RedTiger/Peyroteo - BLOCKED (Chester)

-

Enigma_87 - FAIL (Already picked) - Tuppet
Raees - FAIL (Already picked) - Tuppet

Downcast - PASS - DavidG - Dani Alves
Šjor Bepo - FAIL (Already picked) - Tuppet
oneniltothearsenal - PASS - Moby - Neuer
RedTiger/Peyroteo - PASS - P-Nut - Roberto Carlos

-

Enigma_87 - PASS - EAP
Raees - FAIL (Already picked) - Cal?
Šjor Bepo - FAIL (Already picked) - DavidG

QF's - Draw/Teams

The Stain

Last edited:

The Stain

QF Teams

Enigma
- Xavi, Tigana, Arturo Vidal, Eusébio, Krol, Vasovic, Rensenbrink, Fillol, Best, Malbernat, Reuter, Titus Bramble, Godín, Ronaldinho, Andriy Voronin, Sir Bobby Charlton

Raees - Mark Fish, Crouch, Maier, van Basten, May, Bergkamp, Djalma Santos, Deschamps, Schwarzenbeck, Jairzinho, Nedved, Gérson, Nasazzi, Bossis, Di Stefano, Dirk Marcellis

Downcast - Eto'o, Verratti, Scirea, Gary Breen, Clemence, Moore, Robson, J. A. Camacho, Platini, Olguín, Ribéry, Hamrin, Winston Bogarde, Garrincha, Rijkaard, Dani Alves

Joga Bonito - Matthäus, Bogdan Vătăjelu, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Neeskens, Carlos Alberto, Rep, Brehme, Rudolph Hiden, Francescoli, Montero, Schnellinger, Kocsis, Baggio, Baresi, Figueroa

Bepo
- Stoichkov, Maradona, Sinama Pongolle, Lee Cattermole, Puyol, Davids, Henrik Larsen, Passarella, Dida, Tevez, Thiago Motta, Emlyn Hughes, Cabrini, Beckham, Edwards, Ragnar Klavan

onenil - Chumpitaz, Sócrates, Claudio Bravo, Rivaldo, Santamaría, Obdulio Varela, Didi, Zambrotta, Henry, Rojo, Camoranesi, Nílton Santos, V. R. Andrade, Ronaldo, Messi, Neuer

Pat_Mustard - Alberto Spencer, Jonas Olsson, Kempes, Matthews, Tardelli, Desailly, Pagliuca, Barnes, Burgnich, Pavoni, Scholes, Hierro, Schmeichel, Cruyff, P. Maldini, Kohler

RedTiger/Peyroteo - John Charles, Abreu, Konchesky, Gullit, Cristian Rodríguez, Keane, Casillas, Koeman, Vieira, José Augusto, Pelé, Costacurta, Bergomi, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks.

Interesting choice, that. I presume it has something to do with some of the criticisms he was getting for his side from EAP.
Nah. I'm altering some of the tactics (and overall style) but essentially keeping the base idea. Charlton gives me more directness(which in essence would apply more direct approach than possession) and of course more goals when attacking the box from deep.

Wanted to have options in a 3 man back line that's why I persisted with Figueroa, but then when I missed on Cafu also and Figueroa again decided to upgrade Vidal. Wasn't sure if sjor wasn't going to block me again (pinning for Law) and that's why I waited for the third pick.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
------------------------Schweiny----------Neeskens
Brehme (Schnellinger) - Figueroa - Baresi - Carlos Alberto

ffs :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not actually mentioning Lothar Matthaus in a team's defensive scheme. :lol:

This is peak RedCafe.
More like peak wanking yourself silly with an all-time pool. That defence really doesn't need Matthäus to exert himself defensively. The fact that he can, and will, just adds to the insanity.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Šjor Bepo

Good luck! Do you want to start tomorrow morning?

Friday-Saturday: I have to attend a wedding in a city some 7 hours away.

Sunday could be possible but challenging.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not actually mentioning Lothar Matthaus in a team's defensive scheme. :lol:

This is peak RedCafe.
I thought of adding him but he isn't crucial here, it already is as good as it gets - but he obviously will contribute, not that he needs too

Moby

Dick
This is some sort of weird overcompensation of the time he won a draft playing as a DM. Only explanation I can think of that is remotely sensible.

The Stain

Matchdays

Wednesday:
Thursday: QF1 - Downcast vs Bepovic
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:​

Šjor Bepo

I can see you're happy not to play against onenil and joga :lol:

I will update my write-up tonight: 10 minutes should be sufficient.

Good luck Lord of the gifs :)
after reinforcement fiasco its pretty irrelevant against who im playing tbh :)

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
This is some sort of weird overcompensation of the time he won a draft playing as a DM. Only explanation I can think of that is remotely sensible.
Who's to say he won't play as a DM here? Poor sod always ends up there somehow

antohan

With @Annahnomoss iirc. Nothing wrong with him there, top tier, and you could argue in an all-time context that is his right place.

His most majestic form though was in that Inter role which wasn't quite an 8 or a 10 like those of that time. Call it 8 1/2 as 9 doesn't work.

Is it best to build a team around that in an all-time draft? Maybe, maybe not, but it sure is refreshing to see his best incarnation for once.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Is it best to build a team around that in an all-time draft? Maybe, maybe not, but it sure is refreshing to see his best incarnation for once.
Aye, the moment I decided to build the side around him, I knew I'd probably won't progress far but it's been fun to say the least.

antohan

Aye, the moment I decided to build the side around him, I knew I'd probably won't progress far but it's been fun to say the least.
Don't mention fun, Moby will take issue with that.

Where's Aldo? I suspect that fecking whale ate him.

Šjor Bepo

Agree with anto, its refreshing! He isnt Maradona/Di Stefano but that midfield trio is easily good enough for the final IMO.