The future is bright

NWRed

This DNA of the club thing is horse shit and part of the reason we keep going round in circles while other clubs are improving year after year. The club and Ole need to drop this bullshit and actually get a plan together beyond ‘the United way’.
Totally agree. The "club DNA" was basically Fergie, and when he retired that DNA retired with him. Enough with this United way and DNA bullshit.
The clubs DNA goes back to the early 1950's and Sir Matt Busby (although we've actually had a homegrown player in every matchday squad since 1937 I believe).

Losing that means losing our identity and just becoming another club.

If anything the problems of the last few years can be directly attributed to Woodward ditching the clubs identity in favour of a galacticos policy that simply isn't us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Beaumont

Chelsea won’t the title the year after finishing 10th.

Leicester won the title the year after just avoiding relegation.

A quick turnaround could happen if the bad apples are removed and the entire squad come in next season with the right attitude.
Chelsea had the same players who won the league two seasons before

Leicester was a freak season

Liverpool and city are miles better than both

People say Liverpool finished below us last season but they were planning for the champions league final and clearly miles better than us

sparx99

Chelsea had the same players who won the league two seasons before

Leicester was a freak season

Liverpool and city are miles better than both

People say Liverpool finished below us last season but they were planning for the champions league final and clearly miles better than us
Yeah I know. I was mostly being facetious.

We all start on zero though. All this ‘making up 32 points’ is pointless wallowing and you never know how it’ll go.

If Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd all improve and take more points off City and Liverpool it may only be 82-85 needed for the league.

This season has been miserable. We may as well try and enjoy the summer and the start of next year before we get dragged down.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
All those matches we won starting with Cardiff.

The midfield is the engine of the team.

Pogba is an Attacking midfielder.
Matic is a very good Holding midfielder.
Ander was excellent as the box to box midfielder.

Before the Liverpool match I was confident we would beat them because of our midfield.
Then the injuries happened.

We have not been the same.

Add to this all the contract situations with Ander, Pogba and De Gea.

the mess Woodward created with the Sanchez signing.

We beat Cardiff 5-0 away and lost 2-0 at home.

Ole suddenly did not deteriorate in his abilities.

I still very much believe he will succeed. A solid pre-season with young players he is trying to bring in.
I'm looking forward to next season.

Crashoutcassius

This DNA of the club thing is horse shit and part of the reason we keep going round in circles while other clubs are improving year after year. The club and Ole need to drop this bullshit and actually get a plan together beyond ‘the United way’.
Was hiring mourinho consistent with trying to build a young attacking team ? Lots of fans said it was at the time but obviously it wasn't. You can call it the United way or whatever you want but a if we followed a consistent plan the last 6 year's we would be in a better place than employing 3 defensive managers with very different ideas and giving them 400m

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
When we were winning those early matches, it was clear to many of us long time Reds, that after the first 11 there was little depth to the squad.

But I know I liked the football we were playing.

I believe we will see it again. Pre-season is in July. ;)

Last edited:

Luke1995

When was the last time Manchester United broke the bank and went in for the best players in the world for crazy amount of money ? Even with Ferguson it didn't happen.

Sometimes I wish the club could just buy a Hazard or a Neymar without a care in the world, it wouldn't solve everything but it helps a great deal.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
When was the last time Manchester United broke the bank and went in for the best players in the world for crazy amount of money ? Even with Ferguson it didn't happen.

Sometimes I wish the club could just buy a Hazard or a Neymar without a care in the world, it wouldn't solve everything but it helps a great deal.
Pogba and arguably Lukaku.

K13

But I know I liked the football we were playing.

I believe we will see it again. Pre-season is in July. ;)
I did as well.

Hopefully with a squad that can maintain that type of form/intensity.

Of the 5 teams that finished above us, 4 are contesting the European finals and the top team is as good as I remember in living memory. The premier league is very strong at the moment so there will be some great football to watch whilst we rebuild.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I hope you’re right but the Board needs to realise that the best “young talent” (and I mean best not random punts) is going to cost more than older players or ones near or at the end of their contracts. Are they willing to invest in that, and trust Solskjaer?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Man Utd finished 13th in the 1989-1990 season and 6th the season after. Two years later the club won the league and the rest is history :devil:

In before everyone replies with «yeah but we had Fergie». But now we’re a much bigger and more resourceful club.

Nr.7

Look on the bright side. Playing fm as united is the best thing now.

Transfer kitty. Bare bone squad. Sleeping giant
Hahaha, just started a new game yesterday.

My way of dealing with the anger I guess. It helps. Sold all the deadwood, now top of the league with a young, exciting squad.

Anyways, back to the topic. The future is dim.