The future of Hannibal Mejbri - will he get a real chance this season?

LuckyScout78

To be honest. He is good. But to have experience such a world class and top talent in Fabregas. A offensive and creative central midfield player. Like Hannibal. Fabregas was already at least a half level above Hannibal at this age.

And Hannibal not on Jude Bellingham level at the same age too.

But the boy can prove me wrong. Some few have late career blossom. So you never know what future will bring. Never say never that Hanniball will never become one of the best n.8 in the future.

But from a objective and United fan point of view. Fabregas at that age beside Patrick Viera. Was just pleasure to watch. Fabregas had that end ang goals in his game too. Beside the top drive, engine and guts. Naturally Vieira and others really good Arsenal players lift and make it easier for a really really good upcoming cm to deliver top quality performances week in and week out.

Fabregas was playing for a dominating and winning team. World class teammates. Mutual depend on each others. A really good plattform to develop as a top talent cm player.

Compare United is a dominate or havent been a dominate and consistent winning team in the last 2 years. So naturally a more difficult place and plattform to succeed.

Even one of the GOAT in Ronaldo is struggling. In this United team. So there are both invidual and collective reason.

But if you are a world class talent. You destiny and fate will bring you to the top teammates you can get in football. Be at the right time and at the right place. At a dominating and winning team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think top 4 is almost impossible. In any case, Pogba has come out again with yet another interview, now declaring our season over and that he's wasted his career here, so I'd be amazed if he started any game from now on. If there is any sense, he's benched (or out of the squad) and Mejbri in contention.

Not that I disagree with Pogba, he's wasted his career here and he's very much at fault for that himself. And our season is practically over, but we can use the last few matches to take steps into the future.

mav_9me

I think top 4 is almost impossible. In any case, Pogba has come out again with yet another interview, now declaring our season over and that he's wasted his career here, so I'd be amazed if he started any game from now on. If there is any sense, he's benched (or out of the squad) and Mejbri in contention.

Not that I disagree with Pogba, he's wasted his career here and he's very much at fault for that himself. And our season is practically over, but we can use the last few matches to take steps into the future.
Couldn't agree more. I sense Pogba is checked out. Which is fine. Don't give him minutes though.

Obviously the manager knows way more than us. I'm nevertheless very surprised he hasn't seen any action.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
the season is dead so why not bring some more youth players through and save us money in the summer potentially on replacements. If we don’t use the academy then what’s the point in it.

MattJ166

we're what 4 points behind Arsenal who have a game in hand and playing better than us in general? I think we'll pip Spurs for 5th but can't see us catching Le Arse. With Pogba once again bad mouthing us during international duty and offering his ass to any club that will take him I think it's time Mejbri takes his spot in the team. If the real difference is playing Mejbri and finishing 6th over not playing him and finishing 5th then I think his development is much more important.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Couldn't agree more. I sense Pogba is checked out. Which is fine. Don't give him minutes though.

Obviously the manager knows way more than us. I'm nevertheless very surprised he hasn't seen any action.
Yeah I’d be dropping Pogba at this point, he’s clearly off and can’t be arsed.

jeepers

I would love to see Mejbri and a few others get some games before the season ends. We should have fecked off Lingard and should feck off Pogba after he said he will end his contract and wait for the announcement of the new manager. Even if they are not as good, you know at least they’ll run themselves into the ground and give all they got. I would like to see Fernandez and Garnacho get some game time off the bench as well.

Gordon Godot

I would love to see Mejbri and a few others get some games before the season ends. We should have fecked off Lingard and should feck off Pogba after he said he will end his contract and wait for the announcement of the new manager. Even if they are not as good, you know at least they’ll run themselves into the ground and give all they got. I would like to see Fernandez and Garnacho get some game time off the bench as well.
Agreed. We need to ditch the lazy overpaid players and bring in youth. Would much rather see them at least try and show enthusiasm than have mega paid 'stars' jogging around the pitch.

Craig Ward

Would love to see him more involved.

Our midfield is dire and so short of quality. At this point, what harm could it do? We know what Matic, McTominey, Fred and Pogba bring to the table, all of which have flaws which are well spoken of.

i'm really excited to see what our midfield will look like next season and beyond under a new manager/philosophy.

We obviously need better quality here and Mejbri and possibly Garner could play themselves into a important squad role

macheda14

To be honest. He is good. But to have experience such a world class and top talent in Fabregas. A offensive and creative central midfield player. Like Hannibal. Fabregas was already at least a half level above Hannibal at this age.

But the boy can prove me wrong. Some few have late career blossom. So you never know what future will bring. Never say never that Hanniball will never become one of the best n.8 in the future.
Many have later career starts. It's the rarity to be starting games in midfield at 18/19, not the norm. Scholes, Modric, Zidane, De Bruyne and many more weren't full on starters during their teenage years, some not until 22.

NoPace

the season is dead so why not bring some more youth players through and save us money in the summer potentially on replacements. If we don’t use the academy then what’s the point in it.
At the moment, you'd expect us to be done after the Liverpool or Arsenal games so should have 4-5 games left to play Hannibal and some other youth.

jesperjaap

But from a objective and United fan point of view. Fabregas at that age beside Patrick Viera. Was just pleasure to watch. Fabregas had that end ang goals in his game too. Beside the top drive, engine and guts. Naturally Vieira and others really good Arsenal players lift and make it easier for a really really good upcoming cm to deliver top quality performances week in and week out.

Fabregas was playing for a dominating and winning team. World class teammates. Mutual depend on each others. A really good plattform to develop as a top talent cm player.

Compare United is a dominate or havent been a dominate and consistent winning team in the last 2 years. So naturally a more difficult place and plattform to succeed.

Even one of the GOAT in Ronaldo is struggling. In this United team. So there are both invidual and collective reason.

But if you are a world class talent. You destiny and fate will bring you to the top teammates you can get in football. Be at the right time and at the right place. At a dominating and winning team.
Bit of an unfair comparison? Fabregas at his age for Arsenal was a half level above pretyt much every midfielder I have seen and was playing of course, dont see why comparison even needs to be made?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For years posters on here keep showing a lack of fecking bottle, and are the first to get at the players for the same thing. Any sign of adversity it’s ‘well the season is over now, nothing left to play for’ or ‘well we have no chance of winning x or y’. I mean, it’s going to be tough, but once we move past the emotional BS, 4th place is of course not over and we need to crack on with the fight.

This has nothing to do with Hannibal, but come on guys, show some stomach.

Foxbatt

Maybe it is better that he gets a chance with a new manager and with some this lot gone or being sold.

Judas

Open to offers
For years posters on here keep showing a lack of fecking bottle, and are the first to get at the players for the same thing. Any sign of adversity it’s ‘well the season is over now, nothing left to play for’ or ‘well we have no chance of winning x or y’. I mean, it’s going to be tough, but once we move past the emotional BS, 4th place is of course not over and we need to crack on with the fight.

This has wound me up for years. I remember when Jose was sacked the season being written off in December by so many on here! We had more than enough time to make something of that season in the end we bottled it, but that isn’t the point.

Trex

I agree, we're unlikely to make the top four, but the players should be fighting till its literally impossible.

jeepers

I agree, we're unlikely to make the top four, but the players should be fighting till its literally impossible.
From the way Shaw and Pogba are speaking, according the the media, it seems like the players have given up already, if their opinions are indication of where the group is mentally.

Trex

From the way Shaw and Pogba are speaking, according the the media, it seems like the players have given up already, if their opinions are indication of where the group is mentally.
Well that's a shame if true

Tibs

A successful season is trophies - not challenging for 4th.

jeepers

Well that's a shame if true
It really is. And we will never know what the root of the problem is because there are so many problems.

A successful season is trophies - not challenging for 4th.
You are right. We should be winning trophies, not scrambling and hoping for other teams to falter so we can finish fourth. Fact is, for this season to even be considered “successful”, we have to finish fourth, against the odds.

The right appointment of the next manager will be key as well.

Reading between the lines, it seems you are insinuating that it’s fine for the players to down tools just because we are not challenging for trophies this season. That is not okay. They should be giving it their 110% until the fight for fourth is factually over, then I hope they feck off for early holidays and Rangnick plays the youth team.

Tibs

It really is. And we will never know what the root of the problem is because there are so many problems.

You are right. We should be winning trophies, not scrambling and hoping for other teams to falter so we can finish fourth. Fact is, for this season to even be considered “successful”, we have to finish fourth, against the odds.

The right appointment of the next manager will be key as well.

Reading between the lines, it seems you are insinuating that it’s fine for the players to down tools just because we are not challenging for trophies this season. That is not okay. They should be giving it their 110% until the fight for fourth is factually over, then I hope they feck off for early holidays and Rangnick plays the youth team.
Not in the slightest, but the mindset of a winner, that leaving everything on the pitch - is gone from us. Hopefully it will return soon enough..

The players and fans know as long as the clubs making money, sponsorship money is coming, social media FC continues to grow, that the people at the top are generally happy, as LVG said, we are a commercial club. That rubs off on the players - of course a lot of the responsibility is on them too, but the root cause is further up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not in the slightest, but the mindset of a winner, that leaving everything on the pitch - is gone from us. Hopefully it will return soon enough..

The players and fans know as long as the clubs making money, sponsorship money is coming, social media FC continues to grow, that the people at the top are generally happy, as LVG said, we are a commercial club. That rubs off on the players - of course a lot of the responsibility is on them too, but the root cause is further up.
I know it may seem like this to many, because they support United, but our players are not the only players on social media or who do not disappear into a cave when not on the pitch.

LuckyScout78

Only a world class nr.8. The top creative and skill ful nr.8 will might can help United.

When its not mathematical possible. Top 4 is over. Why not try him there to see if he get it. If he has that level?Why not. Nothing to loose when top 4 is over.

But right now. Only a world class nr.8. A peak and top Pobga and Bruno could help United and Ralf.

Sancho - Bruno/PObga (nr.8) - McFred (nr.6)- Elanga + Rashford/Bruno + Ronaldo/Cavani

As nr.8 Both Bruno and Pogba. As full packet. The end product is higher than Mejbri. Over all basic ball abilities. Include end product ability.

If i was United manager i would go for 442. With Pogba or Bruno as nr.8. And Sancho as RW and Rashford as CF. Simply because Sancho one on one abiilty is better than Rashford.
Hard to see i would pick Mejbri over Pobga and Bruno.

Danish Wizard

Let Pogba be sub for the remaining part of the season, as he is leaving.
Play Hannibal, let him prove his worth for a handful of games. Let's see whether he is ready, or whether we should sign a new midfielder instead and send Hannibal on loan.
The rest of the season is "free", so use it properly. No reason to play Pogba, Lingered etc, as they leave no matter what in the summer. Lets see if some of the kids are ready for the next step.

romufc

Let Pogba be sub for the remaining part of the season, as he is leaving.
Play Hannibal, let him prove his worth for a handful of games. Let's see whether he is ready, or whether we should sign a new midfielder instead and send Hannibal on loan.
The rest of the season is "free", so use it properly. No reason to play Pogba, Lingered etc, as they leave no matter what in the summer. Lets see if some of the kids are ready for the next step.
This is how I see it. I do not see any logical reason for using the likes of Pogba and Lingard if they wont be here next season.

Also, if Hannibal is the talent people say he is, surely it cant be that much of a risk fighting for top 4, its not like we are going for title or trophies. This will give the club an idea of his ability to step up.

We don't need to play kids for the sake of it, if the manager feels there is 1/2 in the academy that has potential to make it, why not?

iHicksy

Pogba should be relegated to the reserve team after his interview. I'd drop Shaw too. We should be shipping these mentally weak guys out anyway, and giving the youth a chance who are hungry and haven't been corrupted by our stupid wage structure and culture.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Jones, Mata, Lingard on the bench. No Mejbri. Come on Ralf, wtf.

Magicmike

Pogba should be relegated to the reserve team after his interview. I'd drop Shaw too. We should be shipping these mentally weak guys out anyway, and giving the youth a chance who are hungry and haven't been corrupted by our stupid wage structure and culture.
What interview? I have missed

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is how I see it. I do not see any logical reason for using the likes of Pogba and Lingard if they wont be here next season.

Also, if Hannibal is the talent people say he is, surely it cant be that much of a risk fighting for top 4, its not like we are going for title or trophies. This will give the club an idea of his ability to step up.

We don't need to play kids for the sake of it, if the manager feels there is 1/2 in the academy that has potential to make it, why not?
By all means, leave Pogba and Lingard out because you don’t fancy them, but no club with any sense should take the decisions you are proposing. Even just reading it out sounds petty. Why on earth would you not play a player simply because he won’t be here next season? Not sure what that has to do with Saturday afternoon.

Hannibal should be playing ahead of the likes of Mata for sure, and even Pogba and Lingard perhaps, but not for the reasons you are suggesting.

BerryBerryShrew

It’s time to give him a run now imo
Yep. I'd even think about dropping in the likes of Gore and Garnacho as well. We're going to be missing out on €50m of potential transfer funds by not qualifying for the CL. That can be partly offset by discovering our own €50m talent from our youth ranks.

Remember the geese

You'll get criticised for this opinion, but I completely agree. Don't waste time on players who do not figure into our future plans.

Devil81

How he isn't getting minutes is beyond me.

Pathetic the club at the moment.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Usually all for giving kids a go but throwing young players into this toxic shitshow wouldn't be the best idea.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep. I'd even think about dropping in the likes of Gore and Garnacho as well. We're going to be missing out on €50m of potential transfer funds by not qualifying for the CL. That can be partly offset by discovering our own €50m talent from our youth ranks.
What you on about here? Discovering talent? They are already at the club. Gore and Garnacho shouldn’t be in the first team. The pathway is there in the future.

romufc

By all means, leave Pogba and Lingard out because you don’t fancy them, but no club with any sense should take the decisions you are proposing. Even just reading it out sounds petty. Why on earth would you not play a player simply because he won’t be here next season? Not sure what that has to do with Saturday afternoon.

Hannibal should be playing ahead of the likes of Mata for sure, and even Pogba and Lingard perhaps, but not for the reasons you are suggesting.
Its not really petty, its doing things for Manutd rather than players. We need to look after Manutd not individual players.

If you are not good enough (Lingard) and you do not want to play here (Pogba), then a player coming through should be given the opportunity.

Especially, if we have nothing to play for this season, building for next season is more important than finishing 7th over 8th.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Its not really petty, its doing things for Manutd rather than players. We need to look after Manutd not individual players.

If you are not good enough (Lingard) and you do not want to play here (Pogba), then a player coming through should be given the opportunity.

Especially, if we have nothing to play for this season, building for next season is more important than finishing 7th over 8th.
Why do people keep saying we have nothing to play for? You might not care which European competition we play in next season but you can bet your arse the club does. If we don’t get any European football at all that puts a big dent in match-day income. The brief for the manager will always be to finish as high up the league table as possible, no matter what the fans actually want (and surely most of us want to watch our team play as many matches as possible next season) So you’re living in dream land if you think Ralf will just give up on the league and deliberately drop senior pros to give kids minutes.

romufc

Why do people keep saying we have nothing to play for? You might not care which European competition we play in next season but you can bet your arse the club does. If we don’t get any European football at all that puts a big dent in match-day income. The brief for the manager will always be to finish as high up the league table as possible, no matter what the fans actually want (and surely most of us want to watch our team play as many matches as possible next season) So you’re living in dream land if you think Ralf will just give up on the league and deliberately drop senior pros to give kids minutes.
Thats all well and good for the Glazers, I dont actually care if we play in the Europa conference league or not. We are not getting champions league football, so yeah, for me nothing to play for.

Giving one player minutes does not equal giving kids minutes. if Mejbri is as talented as people say he is, why can't he play?

That's like saying you are against Ralf for playing Elanga over Rashford because he is a senior pro?