The general attitude of our players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just hope Ralf will have time to clear dressing room before they throw just another manager under the bus.

Oranges038

No excuse for not working hard.

Lazy doesn't even come close to describing this lot, arms up, moaning at each other, moaning at the ref, spend more time whinging than focusing on the game.

redshaw

There's been a strong resistance to doing the work required since Fergie left.

The attitude is get top 4 if you can please from the top and not rock the boat with highly paid players. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the players not wanting Conte as it would mean very hard work. I don't think many people understand how managers like Pep Klopp Conte are such hard demanding taskmasters. We'll never get past these with the casual nature running through the club and the types of managers we hire, some seem to buckle trying to implement things like LVG.

It's very early for Ralf though, it will take a long time for anyone to raise the mental and physical levels needed.

SER19

I wanted to lower expectations given the size of challenge Rangnick inherited. I wouldn't have guessed us to be this bad and Rangnick can't be called the problem. There's something absolutely poisonous in this squad

Drainy

The manager has to clear out the coasters and bring in hungry young players who will put in the graft.

Do these entitled cnuts not realise even City and Liverpool work their arses off until they kill off the game?

NoLogo

Agreed. It's absolutely laughable what they are doing. Maguire pointing at shite, while losing every one on one. Ronaldo, Rashford and Bruno just standing around, waving their arms about, shouting at the ref, after getting dispossessed. It's pathetic, look at other teams who get right back in the fight if they lose the ball, not leaving their opponents a second to enjoy on the ball, our team simply lacks the mindset and attitude to do it, there is a reason why no manager ever got us playing cohesive pressing, and I'm afraid Ragnick won't fair any better, even as the godfather of Gegenpressing, it's simply not in at least 50% of these players to play with the needed attitude.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If things continue like this throughout the season and Rangnick does go on to be our quasi DOF. Then some big heads will probably roll.

tomaldinho1

I wanted to lower expectations given the size of challenge Rangnick inherited. I wouldn't have guessed us to be this bad and Rangnick can't be called the problem. There's something absolutely poisonous in this squad
Years of complacency and mollycoddling. RR is perfect because he’s interim (they can’t really rebel and get him fired) and they know he’s got at least 2 years consulting/upstairs. Let’s see who isn’t up for the fight.

LazyGoal

Yes the poison is Ronaldo. Sorry. I was happy when he signed, but this is how it looks. Last year was ok, the year before as well. Everything changed with Ronaldo, just like it did at Juventus.

Roboc7

Problem exists:

Before Ole.
While Ole.
After Ole.

Must Be Ole's Fault!
He either bought, renewed contracts or kept everyone in the squad so yeah it is his fault. If he also didn’t improve anything and just kept all the same problems then again he failed.

AndySmith1990

They've had 3 years of moly codling and crap coaching. Some will be able to adapt to a new direction and others will need binning off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Influencer celebrity millionaire kid. Not a footballer any more, sadly. Look at his hair ffs...

I don't know what is fecking our kid's development. The huge money or the shit influence of figures like Pogba. Probably a mix of both.

We need a leader of men, badly.
Bloody hell :lol:

DickDastardly

I know its their Job to play football.

They don't have to act like its a job.

They really look like they go through a tunnel of dementors before the match, sucking the life out of them.

OL29

Influencer celebrity millionaire kid. Not a footballer any more, sadly. Look at his hair ffs...

I don't know what is fecking our kid's development. The huge money or the shit influence of figures like Pogba. Probably a mix of both.

:lol: Of course someone’s managed to blame Pogba, he’s responsible for all that’s wrong in this world.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Too many no-good players in this team. Maguire and Rashford to name but a few.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What I don’t understand though is that the stats exist to say whether a player has put a shift in.

When they turn up on a Monday morning do they not just all sit down and look at their individual stats such as running, passes etc, and if someone (in recent weeks it’s Rashford) has underperformed against what’s normal, it’s dealt with accordingly?

Like if you worked in a call centre and you are expected to answer 100 calls a day and you only do 50, there’s consequences, or am I oversimplifying?

Minkaro

Garth? Is that you?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Yup agree with OP. The amount of points we drop against the worst teams in league, purely due to attitude is incredible. RR has a huge task on hand to make something of this season, from this bunch.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Had a nightmare there given your own post is nonsense :lol::lol:.
You brought up ole, then agreed other managers had the same problem, kept chatting about Ole and on top of that can’t even be coherent :lol: :lol:

Very low IQ, move on buddy.

alexthelion

Been festering for a few years this. Bad attitude and bad habits. Multiple players were allowed to get away with it for years. They were bailed out by their ability to produce moments but now those moments aren’t so often this is the consequence.
I fully blame Ole, McKenna and Carrick for this. They let too many get away with murder for too long. All that bullshit about “improving culture and mentality” and leaving the club in a great position to challenge. It’s as shocking as it’s ever been. The work needed to shift the mentality, attitudes and standard of football is astronomical.
They've been like this since before Ole, not everything is his fault.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
With the ball Rashford has been much better 2nd half but without it he is absolutely ridiculously stupid and lazy. He stands there dumbly and watches people run round him and hardly ever covers for teammates who've run out of position. This performance is utterly, utterly hopeless. Only McTominay and Cavani can take any credit.

alexthelion

This issue has been going on since van Gaal, arguably back to Moyes, and people only want to blame Solskjaer for it. It's a culture and club issue that runs far deeper than any manager.
Agreed.

ReddBalls

Yes the poison is Ronaldo. Sorry. I was happy when he signed, but this is how it looks. Last year was ok, the year before as well. Everything changed with Ronaldo, just like it did at Juventus.
I agree. Things looked on the up until his first start. Bought because "City wanted him", just like Alexis and Fred.

This is the worst I have seen of United in over 30 years.

Roboc7

You brought up ole, then agreed other managers had the same problem, kept chatting about Ole and on top of that can’t even be coherent :lol: :lol:

Very low IQ, move on buddy.
Crazy isn’t it to bring up the manager that put this team together and specifically set out to reboot the culture. It’s great some still live in a world where you just ignore all that and blame anyone else. It’s also great when someone can pick out one typo and think their Einstein whilst their own posts are littered with nonsense and basic errors, you have cracked me up. Never change.:lol:

sugar_kane

Really disliked this team ever since they downed tools under Ole.

Whether you rated him as a coach or not, and most didn’t - he stuck his neck out for the first eleven time after time and they let him down massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.