The general attitude of our players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
2 weeks ago there were a million articles about the squad morale being at an all time low, everyone wanting to leave, players downing tool vs Rangnick etc because we weren't performing.

Now after 2 weeks I'm starring to see articles about our players getting back in form and proving the doubters wrong, even though we're only on a 2 win streak.

The media is so pathetic at pushing narratives but the sad thing is we as fans are so gullible to believe every single story that's written about Manchester United.

The truth is likely that things were never as bad as they were made out to be in relation to how the players felt/behaved (I.e. not believing Rangnick). At the same time, though, there is no point in acting as if Maguire or Rashford or Martial or Bruno are back to their best because of 1/2 performances. They need to perform consistently for at least a month before we start seeing the type of articles that were already getting for Maguire after one good performance.
I find it truly bizarre. Even before the internet there was a general acceptance amongst the masses that the media are there for their own purposes, and rarely in the know. It's 100 times worse nowadays. Countless sites all working to sensationalise everything for traffic. Everybody KNOWS this, everyone is familiar with the word clickbait, and yet still the majority formulate opinions & arguments based on these things that they read.

mctrials23

I find it truly bizarre. Even before the internet there was a general acceptance amongst the masses that the media are there for their own purposes, and rarely in the know. It's 100 times worse nowadays. Countless sites all working to sensationalise everything for traffic. Everybody KNOWS this, everyone is familiar with the word clickbait, and yet still the majority formulate opinions & arguments based on these things that they read.
The question is, how else do you formulate those opinions. Also, everyone wants hot takes and controversial opinions these days. Its been shown that for maximum engagement you need to annoy and outrage people.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t doubt there are a lot of unhappy players here not playing but sitting on their money because they are going to be heading down after here. Some really good players have lost their way too. Martial and Pogba are very good footballers. If they can be made play with more intensity they could be world class players. The pressing is really important and it’s a tangible goal. Surely the players are starting to see how it makes life easier for them. Chemistry and respect can always grow in a winning environment. We just need to ship out a few and get the right player or two and we are golden.

wolvored

I think with some it has gone too far. Martial and Pogba have got worse as the seasons have gone on. Even Rashford seems to have his mind on other things. Maybe we need new blood in and sell some of the old to stop the rot. Its too easy to be overpaid here and then have a poor attitude.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Whatever about covid, I feel like football players should stop going to Dubai full stop. I can't be the only one who thinks they shouldn't be helping with their PR?

RedDevil@84

Whatever about covid, I feel like football players should stop going to Dubai full stop. I can't be the only one who thinks they shouldn't be helping with their PR?
They are not going to Dubai to act in Dubai tourism ads. And I am not even sure why Dubai can't do PR?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They are not going to Dubai to act in Dubai tourism ads. And I am not even sure why Dubai can't do PR?
No but they sure as shit are posting on their social media about it to their millions of followers.

Dubai can do PR if they want. I just don't think it's a good look helping them. Similar to Beckham helping Qatar with their sportswashing.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
No but they sure as shit are posting on their social media about it to their millions of followers.

Dubai can do PR if they want. I just don't think it's a good look helping them. Similar to Beckham helping Qatar with their sportswashing.
They’re going because it’s relatively close to Europe, it’s summer conditions and because they’re materialistic twats, their families can go shopping,

RedDevil@84

As far as I know, Maguire is not being paid any money to go and train in Dubai. He probably goes there because it is warm and it has one of the best facilities available.

I still don't really see a problem with Dubai PR, when hundreds of companies do their PR by involving celebrities.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It is weird someone that campaigns against food poverty would walk around with £250k worth of diamonds around his neck.
why would it be? does doing charity work mean you can’t enjoy anything in life?

Marwood

It is weird someone that campaigns against food poverty would walk around with £250k worth of diamonds around his neck.
I don't like it as a look. All a bit childish.

But his jewellery doesn't really have a link or impact on his charity work.

90 + 5min

No logic whatsoever. Why on earth would they go to Dubai this time? I am amazed about lack of consequence thinking. It is like dealing with children. Even if you have some days of, you stay at home.

the chameleon

Also, he campaigns for anti-racism, he was big on taking the knee. Yet here he is contradicting himself hanging out with Wiley the racist. Wiley the same man who has made anti-British Asian comments and anti-semitic comments.

Double standards!

Siezard

They are training in Dubai to get used to the weather there so that they will own the World cup. Great professionals!

SATA

I’m not one to usually comment on people’s attires but that is simply atrocious. These guys are earning millions and they are dressed like this? :lol:

justsomebloke

The question is, how else do you formulate those opinions. Also, everyone wants hot takes and controversial opinions these days. Its been shown that for maximum engagement you need to annoy and outrage people.
Simple. Ignore information that isn't trustworthy, and if you don't have enough information to have a valid opinion, then don't have an opinion. Or at least have an opinion that reflects and acknowledges the level of uncertainty involved.

mctrials23

I’m not one to usually comment on people’s attires but that is simply atrocious. These guys are earning millions and they are dressed like this? :lol:
I know right. Lets be fair, quite a few of us are crusty white men who think that looks ridiculous but I'm sure the youth of today think he looks "lit" or some other complementary term.

Weather does look nice out there as I look out on another grey english morning where is about 3 degrees outside and bit damp.

I would totally go to Dubai if I was a millionaire footballer, not going to lie.

mctrials23

Simple. Ignore information that isn't trustworthy, and if you don't have enough information to have a valid opinion, then don't have an opinion. Or at least have an opinion that reflects and acknowledges the level of uncertainty involved.
Lets be fair, this is the world of sports gossip. The only time you have enough information to have a valid opinion is when something is realised as fact such as a transfer actually happening. 99% of anything else is speculation and there are no completely trustworthy sources. All we can do is logically speculate which I think is what some of us do. Logically, many of these "rumours" fit in quite nicely with what we are seeing on the pitch as well but perhaps that is just the sign of a well crafted lie. Who knows?

Smores

Not really charity work though is it, just seems a bit unaware to me.
Unaware is definitely the word. I'm surprised he's not advised against that as it will make his charity work harder.

justsomebloke

Lets be fair, this is the world of sports gossip. The only time you have enough information to have a valid opinion is when something is realised as fact such as a transfer actually happening. 99% of anything else is speculation and there are no completely trustworthy sources. All we can do is logically speculate which I think is what some of us do. Logically, many of these "rumours" fit in quite nicely with what we are seeing on the pitch as well but perhaps that is just the sign of a well crafted lie. Who knows?
It's hard to distinguish, to be sure. But we can't reason in the way that if we don't know anything, we can think whatever we want. If that's how the conversation goes, the best solution would be to just shut up.

It isn't like that. There is a huge field in between hard, incontrovertible fact and pure gossip. Often, there is at least some reliable information. There's plausibility, or the lack of it. There are sources who are more trustworthy than other sources. Also, it is perfectly possible to discuss things in a way that acknowledges where knowledge ends and speculation begins.

Ixion

Not really charity work though is it, just seems a bit unaware to me.
Do you want him to walk around in rags?

Anytime I think something like that I just realise I'm getting old

Stgun

why would it be? does doing charity work mean you can’t enjoy anything in life?
Because it makes him look like he is just doing it for the sake of good public reputation. I know only few people does charity like Mother Teresa did, but at least try to look more humble eh ?

sugar_kane

"We Go Again" can feck off, literally never heard any cnut use that phrase until Stevie G said it after Liverpool beat City in the Year of the Slip.

Our players should not be using it for that reason alone. The other reason is because it sounds fecking stupid.

Manny

Grammar Police
"We Go Again" can feck off, literally never heard any cnut use that phrase until Stevie G said it after Liverpool beat City in the Year of the Slip.

Our players should not be using it for that reason alone. The other reason is because it sounds fecking stupid.
Agree on both points :lol:

Everytime I hear it, I think of Stevie Me and failing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because it makes him look like he is just doing it for the sake of good public reputation. I know only few people does charity like Mother Teresa did, but at least try to look more humble eh ?
:lol: ridiculous opinion. So you'd be ok with him dressing like that if he didn't do charity work?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Also, he campaigns for anti-racism, he was big on taking the knee. Yet here he is contradicting himself hanging out with Wiley the racist. Wiley the same man who has made anti-British Asian comments and anti-semitic comments.

Double standards!

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
With the three overpaid amigos hopefully gone (pogba, jlingz and martial), I expect the general attitude of our players to improve, in and out the pitch.

Hopefully Rashy is not too far gone already, and can be brought back to reality.

romufc

No logic whatsoever. Why on earth would they go to Dubai this time? I am amazed about lack of consequence thinking. It is like dealing with children. Even if you have some days of, you stay at home.
I can think of alot of reasons to actually.

1. its a winter break so they want to have a few days off in the sun
2. Dubai has some of the best facilities in sports nowadays.
3. Celebrities with money can get alot in Dubai, the service is incredible
4. Weather
5. Some clubs are actually flying to Dubai to have a training camp
6. Get away from UK weather and media.

Resch

We keep on talking about our players and their attitude, but what if the attitude is just the symptom? Most players want to win, but within a system, which has the goal to qualify for the CL, loosing is ok, all the players get used to it and they do not invest 100%, because 90% could be enough and if not? Loosing is no problem if we can qualify for the CL. As Manchester United we should go for the title, every f***ing season, we should try to win every game, to dominate every opponent. Everyone must have this mindset! At to moment to many people, like our owners, think about the CL, about money, about the next deal, the next ad, the next social media post, but not about winning. This mindset infects all the behavior of every member of this club, and it causes exact that f****ing attitude of so many players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You might want to read up more on Mother Teresa. She wasn't a saint. Well, she was, but not in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.