The genius of Marcus Rashford

Reiver

Happy to say he's looking more like the player we know he is. He looks like he's enjoying himself again and I'm happy to have the real Rashy back.

van Nistelrooy

He was great today, very lively and clearly up for it. I’ll concede that it would be nice to see that energy and enthusiasm more consistently but these moments are why you keep him around. Love the guy.
Were you looking the other way for all those missed sitters?

"Lively", yes. "Great", no where near.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Credit where it’s due - very well done yesterday on the fast start and then the goal. His movement for the missed chance was good but it was a terrible miss. That could have deflated him but he came back from it excellently.

I have been hugely critical of him as he’s a momentbut this was a good day for Marcus and the club as a whole!

Last edited:

jem

His mum is getting in on the act now with a column in the Sunday Times. I’m happy to see the upturn in form, but maybe just keep doing the talking on the pitch.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
His mum is getting in on the act now with a column in the Sunday Times. I’m happy to see the upturn in form, but maybe just keep doing the talking on the pitch.
His mum's free to do whatever the feck she wants though?

lsd

The Oracle

Yes that's what mothers do defend their child.

Does help explain things too that he has suffered a couple of close bereavements this year

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Yes that's what mothers do defend their child.

Does help explain things too that he has suffered a couple of close bereavements this year
I like the lad and wish him well but he seems to be sad, tired or injured every year. At some point you have to fulfil your potential, hard as it might be. Hopefully he's doing that now but honestly I feel a £100m PSG bid would probably be best for us and Marcus. He's our most important player but we just haven't been able to rely on him for a long time now.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s on 8 for the season. We have (potentially) 12 games left. He should back himself to get to 15 goals overall.

jem

As is his PR team, and Marcus himself. Still comes across as a highly-coordinated effort. And yeah it sucks to go through any kind of bereavement, but I highly doubt he's alone in that. And yes he played fairly well on Sunday, but this idea that he's back to his best, which is what the article implies, seems very premature (maternal bias notwithstanding).

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
i cant think of a better time to have the best Rashford, that one from the first half of last season, back. He could single handlely takes us to a top 4 finish :drool:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nowhere near back to his best of last year but clear signs of improvement and seems to be mentally in a better place than he was at the start of the season

Hopefully the best is yet to come