The genius of Marcus Rashford

Cole9

“If you back me, good. If you doubt me, even better.”

:lol::lol:

tomaldinho1

Dude come on about young black men???? I would agree sterling was unfairly treated but Rashford has been the Media darling all his way long...
Not sure he would agree with you. That’s how I read that part, not sure what else you think he means by that sentence I quoted.

hobbers

Rashford I got no faith in your writing I dont believe in ghosts.

Red Star One

No. No one is buying him with that salary. And INEOS is not gonna sell the British PR guy at the club rightaway anyway.
I never said they'd sell him right away, it might as well happen in a year or two.
And he's still a very good player with a desirable profile in the modern game (meaning he's made for the inside left side forward role), I honestly feel like it's just the determination, work rate and humbleness that's lacking, if he could be arsed to put 100% into each performance he will be worth every penny for us or many other top / aspiring to be top teams

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
To be fair, this bit, I read at least, is a thinly veiled jab at the media for how they portray young black men - it reminded me of Sterling when he took on the media over it. Hence why he leaves it "There’s a tone to it that you don’t get with all footballers. Let’s just leave it at that."
Sterling had a point, Rashford doesnt.

RomfordRed75

Yes Marcus for the hundreth time we get it! you had a tough upbringing and really really had to work for everything you've received (which is no different to hundreds of other professional players and millions of people in general).
BUT you are paid more in a week than most of us earn in 5, 6 or 7 years, so the least you could do for all that money and for the fans who pay hard earned money to watch you, is maybe put in a tiny bit of effort, run around a bit, stop stroping and score the odd goal from time to time. We aren't asking for much mate.

OldSchoolManc

The only ‘genius’ he has shown, is in getting incredible contract renewals then downing tools until it’s necessary

Oranges038

It's just words.

As a wise man once said, do your talking out on the pitch.

SER19

Why the big speech? Why complicate a simple matter- If you look like you remotely give a feck about playing for United then nobody will say you don't. We're talking about the absolute basics of being a footballer, which for a professional athlete are probably far easier to deliver than this word vomit.

What is wrong with these players? Who advises them this shit is a good idea?

Try on the football pitch. That's literally enough to free you from criticism. How can he say this stuff and absolutely nobody challenge him with the clip of Barkley walking by in stoppage time vs Luton. For the love of God, sell this drama queen.

TheLittleOne

Not true - it’s not that long ago the Mail did the exact same to him. It was big news and he called them out across social media, not something easily forgotten.
there might be some , im not doubting you, but compared to this, there where several houndred articles, im sure, sucking his d. for virtually nothing. I know im sounding like an asshole being a cynic but even for his off the pitch efforts... how much did he actually do? I'm talking about man hours...
If you ask me he/his pr team used his good name for a good cause but there wasnt actually much he had to do. And when it comes to "his book"....im not even convinced he can read.

Not sure he would agree with you. That’s how I read that part, not sure what else you think he means by that sentence I quoted.
Oh, im sure he meant that, but that has very little to do with it actually being true. He is for sure one of the most protected by the media and commentators.

Amazing the amount of hatred in this thread, some real venom. Do other clubs have those sorts of issues towards their players? I saw a poster recently (Chelsea fan I think) say something about how we hate all our players. Is there some truth to that?

Next year there’ll be threads on Garnacho and Mainoo I’m betting.
yes poor rashy every one is so mean to him .... and for your question if they behave like him then yes, sure, don't act like the fan reaction is out of the blue and unreasonable. @M Bison

My “opinion” on rashford doesn’t really come from who he is, as a person - nor do I 100% really care. I mean, it’s a decent read to get to know the psyche and the “behind the scenes” of the players of the club you support. But I don’t know him.

But this just comes across a little “conveni. My opinion on rashford is formed on watching us play, him play, week in, week out. Watching some other top teams and players play, week in, week out and realising he’s not really fit or deserving of the status we’ve elevated him to.

Sure, that’s not really a “him” problem. But it’s not even about how talented you are. For me it’s as much about the basic effort you put in, on top of the talent and he falls seriously short.

Academy product or not, the lack of application is basically unforgivable - no matter how much of a good human you are or how misunderstood you are. We’re talking about football here. We all have off days as humans, but this isn’t simply a day, it’s been a while.
reminds me of my military time.. some are just not up to the same level but you pull them trough with even more effort on your part. That's fine it is what it is. But if someone just refuse to do his part is something else. @Ish

I don't get the hate for him to be honest, but putting out stuff like this isn't gonna help as proven by most of the replies in this thread!
I dont get how his "haters" are unclear in why they think the way they think @Fts 74 How can you "not get it" ?

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Beckham had much worse abuse for much less. Petulant kick out at Simeone leading to effigies of him being hung, every opposition fan booing him, chanting of Victoria’s a whore and hope Brooklyn dies of cancer.

He did not put a PR shield up or launch a PR offensive. He went out and won the Treble and was deemed 2nd best player in the world, and barely anyone said a word after that.

SER19

Ive read this a second time and Im actually more pissed of than I was the first time. Ignoring the weak insinuation early on, the rest of it is absolute narcicissm. Let him go around the entire pro game and see how unique his mighty struggle is. It's all admirable, sure, but the bottom line is people are rightfully criticising him for a string of absolutely abysmal, lazy performances that contradict every single word of this piss.

They day he signed with that new PR team was the start of a lot of problems.

Try harder. That's literally all anybody is asking. The basics. Spare the essay

SER19

Beckham had much worse abuse for much less. Petulant kick out at Simeone leading to effigies of him being hung, every opposition fan booing him, chanting of Victoria’s a whore and hope Brooklyn dies of cancer.

He did not put a PR shield up or launch a PR offensive. He went out and won the Treble and was deemed 2nd best player in the world, and barely anyone said a word after that.
No no, marcus says only certain players get the scrutiny he does and hints at why that is.

OldSchoolManc

Laziness is getting your media team to put out a PR statement rather than actually doing some work in actual matches.
Please make the circus go away.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is all due to Alan Shearer calling him out a few times during the match yesterday. Do his PR team not be listening to Sky every other week? I wish someone would ask the tough questions of the manager and players when things just make no sense. Ok I’m just going to release a PR statement now apologising for Belfast that’ll buy me till the end of the season. I’m a private guy who has had to work hard and I love this club more than anything. His actions say the oppostite, he’s either really thick or he’s a cynical dude

Frank Grimes

This is all due to Alan Shearer calling him out a few times during the match yesterday. Do his PR team not be listening to Sky every other week? I wish someone would ask the tough questions of the manager and players when things just make no sense. Ok I’m just going to release a PR statement now apologising for Belfast that’ll buy me till the end of the season. I’m a private guy who has had to work hard and I love this club more than anything. His actions say the oppostite, he’s either really thick or he’s a cynical dude
Surrounded by hangers on and a PR team, he's lost touch with reality.

clarkydaz

“If you back me, good. If you doubt me, even better.”

:lol::lol:
That sign off line is absolute confirmation its PR guff. They will have the t shirt ready when he next scores with the quote

The whole reason for this soapbox moment is because people doubted you, shut up and put a shift in.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Amazing the amount of hatred in this thread, some real venom. Do other clubs have those sorts of issues towards their players? I saw a poster recently (Chelsea fan I think) say something about how we hate all our players. Is there some truth to that?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
My “opinion” on rashford doesn’t really come from who he is, as a person - nor do I 100% really care. I mean, it’s a decent read to get to know the psyche and the “behind the scenes” of the players of the club you support. But I don’t know him.

But this just comes across a little “conveni. My opinion on rashford is formed on watching us play, him play, week in, week out. Watching some other top teams and players play, week in, week out and realising he’s not really fit or deserving of the status we’ve elevated him to.

Sure, that’s not really a “him” problem. But it’s not even about how talented you are. For me it’s as much about the basic effort you put in, on top of the talent and he falls seriously short.

Academy product or not, the lack of application is basically unforgivable - no matter how much of a good human you are or how misunderstood you are. We’re talking about football here. We all have off days as humans, but this isn’t simply a day, it’s been a while.

Chairman Steve

I‘d probably say it was the platform that it was broadcast on that has seemingly prompted this PR exercise. BBC was broadcasting the match and when you take every age demographic in the UK into account (not everyone has YouTube, Sky or even a social media account), you’d probably say BBC One prime time is as much exposure as you can get, and when one of the most highly esteemed footballers the UK has ever produced, is bluntly putting you down to millions of people, and those people will believe it because of the status held by that person, then the narrative has the potential to turn significantly.

I’d be interested to see if Shearer has responded to it in any way. He‘s like Keane in that he doesn’t back down easily.

Ali Dia

Surrounded by hangers on and a PR team, he's lost touch with reality.
Poor form, unlucky or just not quite good enough to make it here then fine. I’m not going to be slating someone with injuries or limitations who is out of their depth but means well.

This lad is good enough to be a league leading player at his best and at his worst where nothing is coming off he could at least still put in a shift, be a nuisance (to the other team) he just doesn’t have that heart in him anymore. If the ball is over chest height or if it isn’t cutting in off the left wing then he has no interest. Tracking runners and defending is for everyone else, including our brand new striker who is showing him up on every metric. I wish people would stop falling for these lies. It’s just playing the game.

Fts 74

I don't get the hate for him to be honest, but putting out stuff like this isn't gonna help as proven by most of the replies in this thread!

Chumpsbechumps

Yeh and it’s kind of indicative of social media and how much it grooms people to be just massive cnts.

I hate this PR stuff and players on social media but it seems like it’s becoming part of the game. I’m an older fan who prefers to hear little from our players until they retire and just have them do their talking on the pitch.

I wonder how much the clubs commercial end could take some flack for this. Building up and pimping out players to whoever will give us some sponcorship. Rooney’s recent interview with keane and neville hinted that as soon as Ferguson left, players were doing far more promotional stuff.

So players profiles (cough Pogba) became a bigger asset then what they were actually doing on the pitch. Now that we actually have a manager with authority to challange players performances and an owner who’s actually gonna prioritise what you do on the field , I’d say there’s some players really worried.

Perhaps a nonsense theory but Rashford has grown up in a sh*te , dysfunctional culture at United. Some of the issues he’s having wouldn’t happen if he grew up at a club with a successful environment. It’s why Mainoo and Garnacho are very lucky. It could be too late for rashford.

Less of the PR from him and fans just get behind him. It’s easy to support players and managers and teams when it’s all going well. He’s asking for a bit of support , well let’s do that instead of being whiny miserable f**ks.

Todd

128 goals for the club by age 26, which is good for twelfth all-time in club history. If he sticks around he will easily wind up top 5. Not bad, considering all the hate he gets.

The Purley King

I’d be interested to see if Shearer has responded to it in any way. He‘s like Keane in that he doesn’t back down easily.
Shearer was 100% correct and he will know a thing or two about how to be a centre forward and about football in general.
This is up there with some lukaku style PR.
Grown ass man coming next……..
“I can take the criticism”. Except when I don’t like it I can’t take it and have to whine through my expensive PR person and tell everyone a sob story.

clarkydaz

Yeh and it’s kind of indicative of social media and how much it grooms people to be just massive cnts.

I hate this PR stuff and players on social media but it seems like it’s becoming part of the game. I’m an older fan who prefers to hear little from our players until they retire and just have them do their talking on the pitch.

I wonder how much the clubs commercial end could take some flack for this. Building up and pimping out players to whoever will give us some sponcorship. Rooney’s recent interview with keane and neville hinted that as soon as Ferguson left, players were doing far more promotional stuff.

So players profiles (cough Pogba) became a bigger asset then what they were actually doing on the pitch. Now that we actually have a manager with authority to challange players performances and an owner who’s actually gonna prioritise what you do on the field , I’d say there’s some players really worried.

Perhaps a nonsense theory but Rashford has grown up in a sh*te , dysfunctional culture at United. Some of the issues he’s having wouldn’t happen if he grew up at a club with a successful environment. It’s why Mainoo and Garnacho are very lucky. It could be too late for rashford.

Less of the PR from him and fans just get behind him. It’s easy to support players and managers and teams when it’s all going well. He’s asking for a bit of support , well let’s do that instead of being whiny miserable f**ks.
i assume this is mainly United, who are the social media addicts at City, Madrid, Liverpool, etc? We've had the tik tok holy trinity of Pogba, Lingard and Rashford. All fed by the clubs disneyland era

arthurka

Rashford can feck right off bamboozled his way to another huge deal and has gone AWOL with his friend Sancho. PR spin doesn't change a thing.

AndySmith1990

How can you not get it? He puts in lazy disinterested performances. Pretty easy to understand how that'd wind people up

Ali Dia

I‘d probably say it was the platform that it was broadcast on that has seemingly prompted this PR exercise. BBC was broadcasting the match and when you take every age demographic in the UK into account (not everyone has YouTube, Sky or even a social media account), you’d probably say BBC One prime time is as much exposure as you can get, and when one of the most highly esteemed footballers the UK has ever produced, is bluntly putting you down to millions of people, and those people will believe it because of the status held by that person, then the narrative has the potential to turn significantly.

Ya I was kind of alluding to the fact it was the BBC, basically the same thing as being called out during a national tournament as looking sheepish or not into it, which he rarely ever does. It’s like he doesn’t even watch his own matches. Another one done, shrug, onto the next

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Ye absolutely ridiculous amount of hate for one of our own Academy lads who actually scored a shit load of goals last season

He deserves criticism for some poor performances but he doesn't deserve this level of bile

It's the 'doesnt care about United', 'downed tools', 'only wanted a new contract' nonsense that I don't believe at all and is probably the reason he decided to do this

But really he's not going to change any minds with this kind of thing so probably not worth it

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There is no way that this is in response to any comments from last night - this has clearly been planned for a while

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Those doubting that he wrote any of it can hear it from the horses mouth!

Vidooq

Say what you want but this doesn't sound like someone that wants to go PSG.
That is exactly what the purpose of the PR text was. That he is bleeding red.

As you can see in the part where he says that as a 10 year old, he had offers from other clubs, while United haven't offered him anything. So we now have to be indebted to his decision to stay with United, not that it doesn't now pay 350k. He believes that the sacrifice he made then, when they had nothing to eat and stuck with United, should buy him some leeway today, as he was loyal.

He is just in such a different mindset of where a proper Manchester United player should be. I truly believe that is best to part ways with him. He is not going to change now.

leeroyTX

Those doubting that he wrote any of it can hear it from the horses mouth!
I don't doubt that he wrote it. I'm just at a point where I'm going off of what I see...and that's someone that isn't giving the effort and is playing like crap. It's almost a chicken and egg kind of thing with him. Bad results lead to poor effort which leads to more bad results with him. He's going to have to show the f*** up on Sunday after releasing this. If not, it's all nonsense and for nothing

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Wholeheartedly disagree! The first 6 seasons of Rashford’s senior career, he was treated very well, and his effort rarely warranted criticism. The Rashford we see today is just not “giving a damn”!

Only if Garnacho and Mainoo revert to regressive, apathetic performances would a thread be needed/created for our two young starlets.