Television The Grand Tour (Prime Video)

Krits

Amazon Prime has it, but if you meant for free. Then I'm not sure anymore. Used to have a good website but I think thats been taken down.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Did this ever get better? Watched the first 3/4 of the first season and found it just a bit 'meh'.
They altered the worst parts from the first season for the second, but whether it's enough to make it worth watching is another matter.

Offsideagain

OK, I’m old and remember the bloke with the dodgy sweaters and beard back in the day when they actually talked about cars and related issues and didn’t sneer at anyone who wasn’t a ‘celebrity ‘ . Clarkson is a public school drop out, a talentless tosser who has been in the right place at the right time. He’s only got where he has because of Andy Willman his Producer schoolmate.

It’s all about him and the two brown nosing muppets with him. The stunts are all pre-arranged and get more stupid every week I recall, but then I will admit that I haven’t watched a Top Gear in either form for two or three years just seen a few trailers. It looks like it hasn’t changed in so much as they all take three cars to an exotic place and have a nice holiday whilst arsing about with licence payers money.

BBC’s top export so what the heck do I know?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I find myself watching the old BBC specials and they are just better imo. Saying that this Colombia special they had finished shooting last month is supposed to be some of their best stuff apparently.
The old specials are some of my favourite TV shows ever, the humour felt very genuine and it was always amusing to watch them trek 1000s of miles in £1500 cars.

Matty7

So apparently this is being axed after the 3rd season. Will be gutted if that is the case, I thought this season has been great!

Matty7

well they signed a 3 year deal so we dont know if its the axe or just the end of the deal
Well yeah probably end of the deal and not renewing. But still not looking likely that there will be any more :(

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So apparently this is being axed after the 3rd season. Will be gutted if that is the case, I thought this season has been great!
If the numbers quoted before the start of the 1st season about the amount paid by Amazon were true, it shouldn't even be a surprise. No way the quoted amounts made sense then and nor do they make sense today

NinjaFletch

Shame, as it's been pretty crap
I definitely wouldn't be too fussed if it went and Amazon poured the money into making different shows. The format's stale and they're just churning out the same stuff they have for 10 years.

Halftrack

Clarkson is a public school drop out, a talentless tosser who has been in the right place at the right time. He’s only got where he has because of Andy Willman his Producer schoolmate.
It's clear your dislike for Clarkson takes precedence over facts. By all (public) accounts, Clarkson's been a vital part of the writing process since the Top Gear revamp. He might have been in the right place at the right time, but he's certainly not talentless, and he's gotten to where he is by being pretty decent at writing and performing humorous car stuff.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not faulting you for disliking him, but let's not make him out to be some kind of male, British Kim Kardashian.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
OK, I’m old and remember the bloke with the dodgy sweaters and beard back in the day when they actually talked about cars and related issues and didn’t sneer at anyone who wasn’t a ‘celebrity ‘ . Clarkson is a public school drop out, a talentless tosser who has been in the right place at the right time. He’s only got where he has because of Andy Willman his Producer schoolmate.

It’s all about him and the two brown nosing muppets with him. The stunts are all pre-arranged and get more stupid every week I recall, but then I will admit that I haven’t watched a Top Gear in either form for two or three years just seen a few trailers. It looks like it hasn’t changed in so much as they all take three cars to an exotic place and have a nice holiday whilst arsing about with licence payers money.

BBC’s top export so what the heck do I know?
If you think all it needs to make a niche car show into one of the worlds most successful shows is to send a few utterly untalented blokes on a holiday and point a camera at it - not much.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As likely as it is that it's gonna generally suck the photography will be good enough to make it worth a watch. Probably.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
As likely as it is that it's gonna generally suck the photography will be good enough to make it worth a watch. Probably.
For all the talk about Clarkson and co getting old and out of ideas, and BBC production crew doing all the good work in last few years, they couldn't make half decent show as a replacement without the trio. They aren't what they used to, but they are still good to watch.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For all the talk about Clarkson and co getting old and out of ideas, and BBC production crew doing all the good work in last few years, they couldn't make half decent show as a replacement without the trio. They aren't what they used to, but they are still good to watch.
Neither show has been particularly good on the whole, although both had highlights.

The photography for both has been pretty consistently top notch though, and GT has 4K going for it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Neither show has been particularly good on the whole, although both had highlights.

The photography for both has been pretty consistently top notch though, and GT has 4K going for it.
Grand tour shits all over new Top Gear. Old Top Gear is uncomparable to new Top Gear, even trio's last few seasons were miles ahead anything this new crew did.

I actually had the same feeling Grand Tour will be shit and kins of hoped new Top Gear will be great, but gotta admit I have more respect for the trio(as TV presenters) now than before, they are irreplaceable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Grand tour shits all over new Top Gear. Old Top Gear is uncomparable to new Top Gear, even trio's last few seasons were miles ahead anything this new crew did.

I actually had the same feeling Grand Tour will be shit and kins of hoped new Top Gear will be great, but gotta admit I have more respect for the trio(as TV presenters) now than before, they are irreplaceable.
They're definitely not irreplaceable, the problem is that everyone is expecting the BBC replacements to come in and have the same level of back and forth as a group who have been working together for years.

When those three first started on TG it wasn't as well oiled as it later became and any new set of presenters will take time to get used to one another and make things work. Annoyingly Chris and Matt were starting to get somewhere on TG but now Matt's fecked off.

To be honest I don't think the general concept works that well anymore. Their last few years on the old TG were stale as well; it needs reinventing or cancelling.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're definitely not irreplaceable, the problem is that everyone is expecting the BBC replacements to come in and have the same level of back and forth as a group who have been working together for years.

When those three first started on TG it wasn't as well oiled as it later became and any new set of presenters will take time to get used to one another and make things work. Annoyingly Chris and Matt were starting to get somewhere on TG but now Matt's fecked off.

To be honest I don't think the general concept works that well anymore. Their last few years on the old TG were stale as well; it needs reinventing or cancelling.
I thought the last TG with Chris and Matt was really good, they took a lot of it back to basics too. TGT has largely been fairly shite, though, and this looks no better.

lsd

The Oracle
I thought they were to release a special before the new season ?

Deleted member 101472

This might be the best Clarkson line ever...
took off faster than a stabbed rat!
Personally loved his dig at the Italians for writing them a ticket for working on Sunday’s

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Good episode, felt like they've found their feet again and are back in old form. So glad they've binned the guest segment as well, which has never worked in this show imo. Would also like to give some props to the producers and camera guys who actually managed to do the impossible and made the Senna look pretty decent.