The Hidden Gems Thread

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Isak has a clause of €90M. For less than 75M they do not sell him.

Pablo Torre
Alberto Moleiro
Carlos Álvarez
There are not many videos because they are young.
Today's news about P. Torre in the newspaper Marca.

- Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in signing Pablo Torre.
- Real Madrid thinks that Barcelona has the lead in signing the player.
- Xavi shares the same agent as the player.
- The clause is 10 million.
- From abroad there have also been contacts, with Wolverhampton trying to recruit him even in winter. Arsenal, Ajax or Twente also follow him closely.

SparkedIntoLife

Just watched this on Schlotterbeck. Seems like Howson was given a glowing reference by Nico’s team mate Nishan Burkhart.

SparkedIntoLife

Today's news about P. Torre in the newspaper Marca.

- Real Madrid and Barcelona interested in signing Pablo Torre.
- Real Madrid thinks that Barcelona has the lead in signing the player.
- Xavi shares the same agent as the player.
- The clause is 10 million.
- From abroad there have also been contacts, with Wolverhampton trying to recruit him even in winter. Arsenal, Ajax or Twente also follow him closely.
These Spanish lads look sensational. Such good close control and ability to keep possession.

I suspect Torre will be the best of the 3 but Moleiro seems like he will be the most Premier League/United style player. He looks like he has a low centre of gravity and will develop as a strong deep lying playmaker. These sort of players are increasingly rare in modern football in my view… or they develop into DLPs later in their career after playing further forward.

Great selections and thanks for the updates.

On a different note, I’m having doubts about my selection of Brereton Diaz above. His technique just seems a little off. When bad patches hit or confidence wanes, I’m not sure he has enough of the raw attributes to rely upon. He’s a decent finisher but I don’t think he offers enough aside from that.

He’ll be relatively cheap due his contract but I think we could get better value elsewhere, even for a second choice central striker.

Not entirely certain who to mention instead of him. Strikers are expensive. But, given the choice of £25m on Brereton Diaz or Gouiri or someone more of an assured success for like £40m, I reckon I’d probably opt for the latter.

CraftySoAndSo

Yeah, I have the feeling Alvarez will be amazing for City. He has this battling quality and dynamism that I think will translate far better to the PL than most previous Argentine wonderkid strikers I've seen. I understand why we ultimately hesitated on going for him due to timing but can't help thinking we'll regret it. Also, we couldn't really have anticipated the Greenwood situation (unless one believes conspiracy theories about the club actually knowing what Greenwood did behind closed doors.... which I personally doubt).

Totally right on the insults. It's become a meme now. Just laziness.

Love Sulemana! I think he's more nailed on than Doku, though both are very very promising. I'd happily take him, though maybe his best position is actually on the left where we're well stocked. Thanks for your post.
[/QUOTE]
I like Doku but his problem is he is the dictionary definition of a raw talent, weather he can take the next step who knows. People turning their nose on young talent just because we may have burned in the past is crazy imo, i mean look at Pedri, Barca got him for peanuts and sent him back on loan to Las Palmas for a season. Then at 17/18 was in the first team and is a ridiculous talent, but people here would have gone nah he plays for a shite team and only costs 5-10 million so he can't be that good.

Our problem as a club is we're so dysfunctional that if we did sign a Mane or a Jota like Liverpool did, they'd of flopped hard and been sold 2 years later for half the price we bought them for. Whereas if we take a few "punts" like we did James then even if they don't work we paid so little that we can easily recoup or even make a profit on the player. But thanks for some extra names i hadn't really heard or know too much about, will try and watch some of their matches when i can.

SparkedIntoLife

Yes @CraftySoAndSo, thanks! I worry the same. Do we have the best environment for talented youngsters to flourish? I’m hoping for some improvements in that regard with the new manager. I also am glad Rangnick’s expertise is currently in the club (though I have my doubts he’ll stay around or that his wisdom will be given much respect in his consultant role).

We’ll regret dithering over Alvarez. Striker is such a hard position to buy one of, never mind probably two as we will need.

You bring up such a good example in James. Resale value is a big thing in footy. I read a Laurie Whitwell article in The Athletic today indicating that we’re terrible at selling our youngsters that ultimately won’t be good enough. We tend to hold onto them too long til they lose value. I think, for all those worrying about the quality of the players suggested here (and I get their reluctance to jump aboard my hype train), the reality is that most of them in a year could probably be sold for similar if not more than we’d buy them for. Whereas we’ve signed so many players that have lost most of their market value and we’ve also kept weak players around too long.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Sofiane Diop (As Monaco), already 21, but he keeps progressing, I'm ready to bet that he's going to be a world class player in 4-5 years.
Mohamed Ali Cho (Sco Angers), huge potential, lightning pace, good workrate to defend, can skill past players. His first touch can still be suspect and he really needs to improve his finishing, but all I hear is praise for his attitude. I can definitely see him signing for Newcastle next season.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It's official, Barcelona has signed Pablo Torre.

- €5M plus a number of variables that can make them reach €20M

- €100M clause and contract until 2026

jesperjaap

Lesley Ugochukwu I feel is one to kepe an eye on. Came in to replace Camavinga and just 17years old. AN absolute mountain for the age, big, strong, good knack of nicking the ball and blocking runs. He looks a bit cumbersome but think thats just the way he moves, he seems pretty good technically. Be interesting to see how he develops over the next year or two but wouldnt be surprised for him to make a big move at a simialr age to Camavinga, not on the same level but very promisign none the less

Dembeza

I bumped into this kid’s videos on Insta, and he looks really good has a very big engine.

I don’t know much details about him but the videos I have seen have impressed me.

Houdayfa Gassa