The Icardi soap opera | Icardashians?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Please, feck no.

Icardi has neither the quality nor character that a Manchester United player should have. By that I mean befitting the entirety of our great club, its identity, history and traditions—not just our current squad, structure or setup.

We must acquire top quality and character, instead of just improving on what we currently have, because what we have at the moment isn't good enough. Therefore, the standards are skewed and deceptive, so of course a player like Icardi looks better in comparison to the likes of Alexis (or Lukaku, as another example) but that doesn't say much.

Icardi published an autobiography at the age of fecking 23. With the time it takes for writing, editing and publishing… I'm guessing he was actually closer to 22 or even younger when he initiated that project. That's just to give you a tiny insight of his self-image, never mind him offending the fans of the club he concurrently captained in said book, resulting in a chasm between them, which definitely has contributed to this latest mess as well. Or how about the ever on-going shit circus around his agent-wife?

I guess that's the only thing we need right now, when we're slowly returning to our values and getting our club back.

While we're at it, let's be really adventurous and also sign Rabiot with his agent-mother hovering around and mix it up real good. That'll be a blast.
This, we need to stay away from players like this.

Tony Clifton

This, we need to stay away from players like this.
Actually, I must digress a little, my post was a bit harsh on Icardi.

I'm sure he's a good person and I shouldn't question his character or his professionalism, despite some surrounding negativity. He most certainly works hard too, and is indeed a terrific striker.

Genuinely, I just think he's on a level slightly lower than the very top: a bit short of the elite.

He is fantastic in the box, really one of the best when it comes to positioning—but he also does miss quite a lot, including sitters. Which is natural, all strikers miss chances. However, he offers less in the build-up play and isn't quite up there technically either, which is essential for the attacking fluency we want and afford.

Maybe Icardi will develop even further and become more complete in time to be successful at another giant club, making all his doubters look foolish. Currently though, that seems improbable.

Last edited:

::sonny::

I wouldn't say he failed miserably. He played around 32 matches total for Dortmund and Sevilla a few years back and both teams were going through a transition period. I still believe he offers more than Icardi.
A good player Immobile, but definitely not for a big club

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
A lot of people definitely under-appreciating Icardi's ability/just clearly haven't watched a great deal of him. His all-round play is decent. He can link up with players and has good vision and passing. Of course his best asset is by far his movement in the final third and predatory instincts. I reckon he'll be a success when he moves on from Inter. Too good a striker to flop. Might not transpire to be one of the world's best but certainly capable of getting 25+ a season in all competitions on a regular basis for whoever he plays for.

EireRed_GS

quality player, but the fact he's and argie makes me hesitant :wenger: ... our track record with them hasnt been the best :nervous:

IrishGlen

I’d be very defensive of Icardi in general - I think he gets an awful lot of unnecessary hate. As other posters have said, Maxi Lopez and Wanda both weren’t angels in their marriage and who is anyone to say that two people can’t fall in love. Criticism of the tattoo is also ridiculous IMO - actually think he should get more credit for that. He’s raising another mans kids and who knows what the children think behind closed doors and what they will think in the future. They probably find it an endearing gesture whereas detractors believe Icardi was basically on the wind up!

As for this situation, I wouldn’t imagine Inter are blameless either. It’s probably to do with money and maybe they had a gentleman’s agreement to renew the contract and increase his salary around this time and Inter are reneging on it. I don’t think any player is bigger than a club especially with one of Inters size but there’s no denying he’s basically carried that club for nearly 4 years now!

I don’t think he’s a cnut but if he is, he’s one that you’d love and I’d welcome him here with open arms however that’s unlikely to happen so I’d imagine he’s off to Real in the summer and I think they’re getting an incredible player. His release clause is something like 90 odd million pounds to foreign clubs which is relative value for a proven finisher in this market.

sam147

Please, feck no.

Icardi has neither the quality nor character that a Manchester United player should have. By that I mean befitting the entirety of our great club, its identity, history and traditions—not just our current squad, structure or setup.

We must acquire top quality and character, instead of just improving on what we currently have, because what we have at the moment isn't good enough. Therefore, the standards are skewed and deceptive, so of course a player like Icardi looks better in comparison to the likes of Alexis (or Lukaku, as another example) but that doesn't say much.

Icardi published an autobiography at the age of fecking 23. With the time it takes for writing, editing and publishing… I'm guessing he was actually closer to 22 or even younger when he initiated that project. That's just to give you a tiny insight of his self-image, never mind him offending the fans of the club he concurrently captained in said book, resulting in a chasm between them, which definitely has contributed to this latest mess as well. Or how about the ever on-going shit circus around his agent-wife?

I guess that's the only thing we need right now, when we're slowly returning to our values and getting our club back.

While we're at it, let's be really adventurous and also sign Rabiot with his agent-mother hovering around and mix it up real good. That'll be a blast.
Icardi is a world class striker therefore he is better than anyone we currently have. He scored 29 goals last season and you are questioning his quality. By your standards we would be prancing about the transfer market looking for quality nice guys. Who might that be? We have enough kind hearted Juan Matas in our team. What we need is someone who doesn't care about the opposition and only cares about one thing, scoring goals.
Are you really going to talk about Icardi not fitting with traditions. Were Rooney, Neville, Stam, Vidic, Ferdinand, Keane, Scholes nice guys?
Icardi is a leader, he doesn't hide on the pitch like many of our current timid players do and when he gets a chance to make a difference he always burys it. His autobiography shows he is arrogant and has self confidence, as do all great players.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Ivana (sister)
"Do you eat glass or did you not wear the glasses to read? I just said that the silver I pass by the F..... I want my brother back, you know, Asaditos, letters, laughter, nieces all that is enjoyed with the HERMANXS!!!"

Mauro
"It’s not going to happen [on his sister wanting him to leave Wanda]. Why don’t you try using the time you spend on here WORKING!!! You’ll achieve nothing with this strategy. And remember to ask about some of your other six brothers, seeing as you never do that on Twitter. Bye!!"

Ivana
"I don't need to contact them over Twitter, seeing as they actually answer the phone when I call them. They don’t have a viper behind them who casts a spell to make them in her image. Stop being so stupid and open your eyes! Get back to being the person you were."

Ivana
"The Lady mother, who treats her worse than a floor rag but she prefers to wear Gucci and Armani and live in Milano, she have dignity. She's been scratching her for about 15 years and living off the husband of her eldest daughter. Will they tell her to work?"

If the Kardashians did football...

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Icardi is a world class striker therefore he is better than anyone we currently have. He scored 29 goals last season and you are questioning his quality. By your standards we would be prancing about the transfer market looking for quality nice guys. Who might that be? We have enough kind hearted Juan Matas in our team. What we need is someone who doesn't care about the opposition and only cares about one thing, scoring goals.
Are you really going to talk about Icardi not fitting with traditions. Were Rooney, Neville, Stam, Vidic, Ferdinand, Keane, Scholes nice guys?
Icardi is a leader, he doesn't hide on the pitch like many of our current timid players do and when he gets a chance to make a difference he always burys it. His autobiography shows he is arrogant and has self confidence, as do all great players.
He's a good/very good striker when in form but World class?? c'mon now :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Funny you say he doesn't hide on the pitch as that's exactly what he does. And no he isn't world class striker.

He is one of the least involved striker I have seen. Offers almost nothing in build up Play.

roonster09

Scout
Would swap lukaku and some cash for him in a second
Team can never play fluid game with Icardi leading the line. Just sell Lukaku for cut price and then sign players who compliments Rashford and Martial.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Team can never play fluid game with Icardib leading the line. Just sell Lukaku for cut price and then sign players who compliments Rashford and Martial.
Of course we can. He's much more refined technically than Lukaku is, and can be up there with any other striker when it comes to being a pure striker. Great in the air, great at any type of finish with both feet, world class off the ball movement, performs in big games and at key moments, can hold the ball up well, and I genuinely think he'd be a RvN type signing. Lukaku being poor technically has put everyone off strikers like that but there are so many more problems to Lukaku's game than just his on the ball weaknesses. His off the ball problems are pretty much as big of an issue.

roonster09

Scout
Of course we can. He's much more refined technically than Lukaku is, and can be up there with any other striker when it comes to being a pure striker. Great in the air, great at any type of finish with both feet, world class off the ball movement, performs in big games and at key moments, can hold the ball up well, and I genuinely think he'd be a RvN type signing. Lukaku being poor technically has put everyone off strikers like that but there are so many more problems to Lukaku's game than just his on the ball weaknesses. His off the ball problems are pretty much as big of an issue.
What you are saying is all what Icardi want to be orv Inter fans wants him to be, not what he is. He is limited player who can't pass, dribble but has good movement.

Forget Lukaku, we shouldn't add one more limited player for big money and wages.

Mcking

Icardi in his 7 Serie A seasons has averaged 15.2, 12.2, 15.8, 13.2, 9.5, 10, 11.1 passes per 90. Over his whole Serie A, UCL and UEL career, he averages 12.4 completed passes per 90.
He takes enough shots and scores plenty goals, but when it comes to build up and all round play, he is barely involved. He is mostly invisible on the pitch until the ball drops onto the box.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
It will all be forgotten when he arrives at carrington with 50 bars of chocolate for Kath

#welcomeMauro
Second this!

Think he's one of the best strikers in the world and will continue to be so for the next 7-8 years. United should definitely buy him if we are continuing with 4-3-3.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
No no no no no. Would rather play with ten men, and those ten being clones of last season Rooney than sign this titwomble.

youmeletsfly

Scores a ton of goals, will not cost a fortune, will score even more goals in France's farmers league, has PSG written all over it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Scores a ton of goals, will not cost a fortune, will score even more goals in France's farmers league, has PSG written all over it.
Good shout with Cavani getting older they will be looking for a replacement.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Ivana (sister)
"Do you eat glass or did you not wear the glasses to read? I just said that the silver I pass by the F..... I want my brother back, you know, Asaditos, letters, laughter, nieces all that is enjoyed with the HERMANXS!!!"

Mauro
"It’s not going to happen [on his sister wanting him to leave Wanda]. Why don’t you try using the time you spend on here WORKING!!! You’ll achieve nothing with this strategy. And remember to ask about some of your other six brothers, seeing as you never do that on Twitter. Bye!!"

Ivana
"I don't need to contact them over Twitter, seeing as they actually answer the phone when I call them. They don’t have a viper behind them who casts a spell to make them in her image. Stop being so stupid and open your eyes! Get back to being the person you were."

Ivana
"The Lady mother, who treats her worse than a floor rag but she prefers to wear Gucci and Armani and live in Milano, she have dignity. She's been scratching her for about 15 years and living off the husband of her eldest daughter. Will they tell her to work?"

If the Kardashians did football...
Some random comment: "argue in English" :lol: