Television The Inbetweeners

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
The original version would've been twice as good if they only put some proper good looking girls in the show.

I dunno, I reckon putting unobtainably beautiful girls on there for any other reason than to laugh at them would have ruined it.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Cant remember names, it's been a while since I watched. I remember thinking that the show needed a really fit bird though, but I usually think that about most shows.

Irwinwastheking

I don't know. I like the girl next door look for a lot of these shows. The secretary in the US Office is a case in point. Very very sexy.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I don't know. I like the girl next door look for a lot of these shows. The secretary in the US Office is a case in point. Very very sexy.
Pam or Erin? Pam was cute in the first 2 seasons but after..bleh. Erin is cute, but I wouldnt say sexy. It's obviously a matter of opinion though.

binary bot
I was lying in bed last night with about half hours battery left on my laptop and I wanted to watch something. Was looking for a laugh so I thought I'd try the American version of this. If you're a fan of the show you have to watch at least one episode of the US one just for the experience. It's fecking terrible but also creepy how they have kept almost the same script, the same gags, the names of the characters are all the same, Will's mum is still a MILF, and so much more. Honestly, allow half an hour of your life to be amazed at just how badly MTV managed to feck this show up.
I can only imagine how bad it is after watching this;

roseguy64

I quite liked the look of the girls in this. The older one who Will almost got off with is the only one who could have been hotter.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I read the thread title and thought they decided to do a fourth season.:(

hp88

I read the thread title and thought they decided to do a fourth season.:(
They're making another film.
The creative team behind 2011’s smash hit The Inbetweeners Movie today confirmed that a second movie is in production and will be released in cinemas across the UK & Ireland early August 2014.

The follow-up to the UK’s most successful comedy film of all time will be shot later this year, reuniting the hapless Jay, Neil, Simon & Will.

Creators Iain Morris and Damon Beesley commented, "We couldn't be more excited to be making another Inbetweeners movie with Simon, Joe, James and Blake. Frankly it's pathetic how much we've all missed each other. A new chapter in the lives of the Inbetweeners feels like the very least we can do to thank the fans for their phenomenal response to the first movie."

The film will be produced by Bwark Productions who will co-finance with Channel 4/Film4. Bwark is a Zodiak Media Company and Zodiak Rights are the international sales agent. Entertainment Film Distributors will distribute the film in the UK.

Having started life on E4, the multi award-winning series went on to enjoy massive success with its debut film, The Inbetweeners Movie, which was fully financed by Channel 4.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Hope it is better than the first. Although it will probably be worse.

Irwinwastheking

I quite liked the look of the girls in this. The older one who Will almost got off with is the only one who could have been hotter.
The one who worked in the old peoples home? Nah, she was about right too.

Hope it is better than the first. Although it will probably be worse.
First one was just OK. Like a really long episode tbh, but what did we expect? I didn't know it was the most successful brit comedy ever so I suppose it's no surprise that they all want to milk a few more quid from it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I can only imagine how bad it is after watching this;
The yanks really should be banned from remaking ANYTHING british.......this, Cold feet, spooks, skins, the office, ab fab, the young ones, men behaving badly, life on mars, spaced, two separate attempts to do only fools and horses and 3 separate attempts to do fawlty towers, thank feck most of them didn't make it past the pilot stage.

Take a hit show
Remove everything that made it a hit....(cast, humour, Irony and subtlety being a few of the things butchered in the past)
Cast a bunch of wooden pretty boys and bimbos
Wonder why its shit
Blame the source material.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I gave up on it the moment they decided to do a projectile vomit joke.

JP77

Wasn't it airing on E4 at one stage? I remember catching about 10 minutes and not really being all that surprised as to how shit it actually was. They tried to remake Fools and Horses too and thankfully it got axed and they didn't get round to shitting on the greatest comedy ever made.

Second movie sounds great. I didn't actually start watching the original run until the first movie came out. Watched all of the series in about two days and bloody loved it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Never as extreme as all four of them doing it in the tent though. Was way too slapstick.

ciderman9000000

Why do yanks have to remake everything with yanks in it? Are they so fecking insular that they can't stand to watch anything without the entire cast being American with it all set in the States?

I fecking hate Americans.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why do yanks have to remake everything with yanks in it? Are they so fecking insular that they can't stand to watch anything without the entire cast being American with it all set in the States?

Yep. Add stuff like Sherlock and The IT Crowd to stuff they've tried to remake.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Im agreeing with you more and more these days..............Im scared

Scrumpet

There are no words
It's quite bizarre. Fox are going to remake Broadchurch apparently, even though it's being shown on BBC America and getting great reviews.

Irwinwastheking

So you gave up on it on the last scene of the last episode of the last series?
:lol:

I just don't get the point of remaking shows. Why would a network take the risk when historically they've all been totally shit apart from a very small minority. If you like the show so much, just buy it and air it. If you don't want to do that then copy some aspects of it but don't just remake the entire thing with the same script and shit actors.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The bus turds-wanker thing is just an example of why they shouldn't have copied the original Inbetweeners that much.

Surely an American spin with a new script would've come off a lot better? A watered down Superbad basically.

People actually sell the USA inbetweeners on DVD and demand £14. Ridiculous