Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

b82REZ

R/all? I see nothing? Or your own personal frontpage.
Might be mine, it was more just make people wary. It will spread fast on reddit so even it's currently only appearing on personal feeds it will eventually filter to r/all.

No Love

I’ve masterfully dodged the spoilers, so hope that coming in here won’t compromise that..

Where’s the best place to order this for delivery on release date then? Any recommendations?

AaronRedDevil

I’ve masterfully dodged the spoilers, so hope that coming in here won’t compromise that..

Where’s the best place to order this for delivery on release date then? Any recommendations?
Ps store or maybe GameStop might be open by the time it comes out. Amazon is good if your in England. Have to wait 10 days for me since I’m in Ireland for Amazon. I was going to buy it digital but I got the game spoiled last night dammit:lol:

b82REZ

Amazon have been pretty good for deliveries in general during all this. Don't know how your usual suspects like shopto will be at this time for day one deliveries.

Only guaranteed way is buy it digitally.

Rooney1987

New story trailer here. They wisely disabled the Youtube comments.
Sadly IGN and Gamespot have not. I forgot how hateful the gaming community is on YouTube and Reddit. Luckily wasn't spoiled though. Does seem to be many of the Brie Larson and Kathleen Kennedy hate crowd.

Eriku

Christ, can't believe there are people railing against agendas and blasting the story before the game's even out. Execution and how the story's told count for something, and I wouldn't necessarily trust the slant someone puts on something.

Super excited for this time come out.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Christ, can't believe there are people railing against agendas and blasting the story before the game's even out. Execution and how the story's told count for something, and I wouldn't necessarily trust the slant someone puts on something.

Super excited for this time come out.
The biggest problem that I have with people who say "they're pushing their agenda on us" is that those folk are doing more pushing than the game creators. All the game creators do, at the absolute most and even then it's rarely, is put up a picture or video of a character. Sometimes, and I mean just sometimes, they'll have that character do something that isn't "straight". It's just there, it isn't lit up with big bright signs shouting "GAY". There isn't an arrow beside the character saying "GENDER FLUID". There isn't a three hour documentary with the creators talking about how modern and forward thinking they are. No. They just reveal a character that isn't straight, white, male - take your pick.

Meanwhile, the ranters on Twitter go on for hours making up shite to back their own agenda, as if they have a direct channel to the creators minds that reveals all of the secret thoughts that they haven't actually said on record. And it's fecking hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Have they announced when this is coming out? Will the delay be long enough that it will only be available for PS5?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Have they announced when this is coming out? Will the delay be long enough that it will only be available for PS5?
June 19.

Edit: I don’t recommend verifying that because even the headlines seem a bit spoilery if you’re the sort to avoid trailers.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anything related to the game is getting trashed on Twitter and it's the same knuckle dragging plebeians espousing their hate filled distain about how there's "agendas in muh viedya gaymes". fecking feck the feck right off until you reach the edge of the flat earth you fecking feck heads.

Bunch of bairns, man.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anything related to the game is getting trashed on Twitter and it's the same knuckle dragging plebeians espousing their hate filled distain about how there's "agendas in muh viedya gaymes". fecking feck the feck right off until you reach the edge of the flat earth you fecking feck heads.

Bunch of bairns, man.
I can’t wait until Idris Elba or Benicio del Toro is cast as Joel in the show.

Art Vandelay

Bunch of bairns, man.
Most of the complaints I've seen have been people complaining about the actual story that's leaked with a few complaining about that element mixed in. The problem with it all is that the people complaining about things like that then get used as a shield for all criticism like it's the only thing anyone is complaining about and it snowballs into the usual clusterfeck where only toxic trolls hated the new Star Wars and men stopped the new Charlie's Angels from being a success. The whole thing has become a parody of itself.

evil_geko

And no one would have problems with that, problems with this game are far from "OMG Gay", but no spoilerinos so yeah. Good to see tons of people boycotting this mess.

Most of the complaints I've seen have been people complaining about the actual story that's leaked with a few complaining about that element mixed in.
Exactly, but people ignore legitimate in depth complaints (and that is the case in movies and any form of entertainment) and they just keep shouting same stuff: "omg you are only hating on gays and diversity". Hilarious stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You joke but I always saw Idris Elba as the perfect fit for Joel based on his previous work, since a character is more than just their appearance. I saw people saying it should be the guy who played Jaime Lannister simply because he's got a scraggly beard ffs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And no one would have problems with that, problems with this game are far from "OMG Gay", but no spoilerinos so yeah. Good to see tons of people boycotting this mess.

Exactly, but people ignore legitimate in depth complaints (and that is the case in movies and any form of entertainment) and they just keep shouting same stuff: "omg you are only hating on gays and diversity". Hilarious stuff.
Yeah except my comment was directly related to Twitter commenters in which they're complaining about nothing but Feminist Frequency and big necked wimmin.

The problem with you, and I'm talking directly to you, is that people on this forum know what you're like. Whilst others might have genuine misgivings about the story leak people like you use it as a thinly veiled tarp to cover up the real reason why you're pissed off.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Most of the complaints I've seen have been people complaining about the actual story that's leaked with a few complaining about that element mixed in. The problem with it all is that the people complaining about things like that then get used as a shield for all criticism like it's the only thing anyone is complaining about and it snowballs into the usual clusterfeck where only toxic trolls hated the new Star Wars and men stopped the new Charlie's Angels from being a success. The whole thing has become a parody of itself.
I get what you are saying and in many ways I agree. But then there's also this kind of thing:

After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.

So what "agenda pushing" are you referring to?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh Yeah, remember Ghostbusters when it came out and they managed to get a free pass because "if you hate it then it's sexist" which actually made things very difficult since the film was a massive pile of shit.

What you've said is actually what I hate most about gaming because it creates a divide that doesn't benefit anyone. Moaning babies who won't shut the hell up about whatever their gamergate pals have told them this week, which only results in ruining games for every single person who isn't just looking to complain about the latest game not being a direct carbon copy of everything else they've played before. Which also had the effect, as you say, of then being used as a shield against criticism from shite developers.

evil_geko

Yeah except my comment was directly related to Twitter commenters in which they're complaining about nothing but Feminist Frequency and big necked wimmin.

The problem with you, and I'm talking directly to you, is that people on this forum know what you're like. Whilst others might have genuine misgivings about the story leak people like you use it as a thinly veiled tarp to cover up the real reason why you're pissed off.
Well, with this post, you proved you know nothing about me. So there's that. Keep thinking of hidden agendas I have though, might be fun. The real reasons! Bloody hell. :lol: The conspiracy lads! The conspiracy is afoot!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Well, with this post, you proved you know nothing about me. So there's that. Keep thinking of hidden agendas I have though, might be fun. The real reasons! Bloody hell. :lol:
I think @Redlambs deserves an answer to his question, don't you? You know, the one where you specifically complained about the game pushing agendas.

evil_geko

I think @Redlambs deserves an answer to his question, don't you? You know, the one where you specifically complained about the game pushing agendas.
Nope, I am done explaining in depth only to all be brushed aside with simple "you are a hater, you hate diversity, hurr durr", it's not worth it, like pushing a rock up the hill. You are free to gobble up every lazy crap that is served to you.
See if maybe I have some hidden meaning in this post too as you seem to know me so well. ;)

All in all, I am just tired of people accepting mediocrity today so lightly in gaming and entertainment in general, that is why actual good games are so rare these days.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People are so quick to label those who are having a problem with TLOU2 as bigots when the vast majority don't give a toss about that stuff. Ellie has been gay for years and there was little to no pushback on that. Riley and Ellie was a great bittersweet tale. Why would it be an issue now?

When you see the anger towards the game now, maybe consider it has feck all to gender/sexuality/race/religion and more to do with a trash plot and hack writing.

I refuse to be lumped in with the pricks who don't like the game for the wrong reasons.

evil_geko

People are so quick to label those who are having a problem with TLOU2 as bigots when the vast majority don't give a toss about that stuff. Ellie has been gay for years and there was little to no pushback on that. Riley and Ellie was a great bittersweet tale. Why would it be an issue now?

When you see the anger towards the game now, maybe consider it has feck all to gender/sexuality/race/religion and more to do with a trash plot and hack writing.

I refuse to be lumped in with the pricks who don't like the game for the wrong reasons.
Nail on head.

AaronRedDevil

Thank you! Everyone knew Ellie was gay. No one has a problem with anything but the story.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nope, I am done explaining in depth only to all be brushed aside with simple "you are a hater, you hate diversity, hurr durr", it's not worth it, like pushing a rock up the hill. You are free to gobble up every lazy crap that is served to you.
See if maybe I have some hidden meaning in this post too as you seem to know me so well. ;)
You have never explained what you meant by agenda pushing so don't even start that Donald Trump style revisionist bullshit on a website with a search function.

I tell you what. As long as you're unwilling to explain why you've accused this game of agenda pushing I'll come to my own conclusions and you waiver all rights to say I'm wrong for thinking what I think about you because you're incapable of explaining what you meant by "agenda pushing".

Oh, and don't start trying to hang your coat on the pegs of more stable critics like Shane. Shane is able to explain his thoughts.

Which, again is my point, to date you've been unable to explain what you meant by agenda pushing. You are the essence of what @Shane88 doesn't like and yet you're trying to pass yourself off as the same type of person. And, yes, I reserve the right to say this because - no surprise - you still can't do something as simple as EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEANT BY AGENDA PUSHING.

evil_geko

You have never explained what you meant by agenda pushing so don't even start that Donald Trump style revisionist bullshit on a website with a search function.

I tell you what. As long as you're unwilling to explain why you've accused this game of agenda pushing I'll come to my own conclusions and you waiver all rights to say I'm wrong for thinking what I think about you because you're incapable of explaining what you meant by "agenda pushing".

Oh, and don't start trying to hang your coat on the pegs of more stable critics like Shane. Shane is able to explain his thoughts.

Which, again is my point, to date you've been unable to explain what you meant by agenda pushing. You are the essence of what @Shane88 doesn't like and yet you're trying to pass yourself off as the same type of person. And, yes, I reserve the right to say this because - no surprise - you still can't do something as simple as EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEANT BY AGENDA PUSHING.
You are free to come to your own conclusion, you've been doing that for awhile now, cheers!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You are free to come to your own conclusion, you've been doing that for awhile now, cheers!
Yeah, and I have to come to my own conclusions because you won't explain one simple question. Ffs mate it's not a fecking puzzle or trap door situation. All you have to do is answer the one question that you've continually ignored from multiple posters. All of this supposed "wrong end of the stick" could be cleared up if you did, you are aware of that?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

I saw plenty of ridiculous reactions to that.

End of the day I'll judge a game when I play it, not interested or can't really understand why people who would purposefully spoil a game, or movies for that matter, for themselves.

By doing that you wilfully eliminate all tension, questions and conflicting thoughts the creator has intended to have throughout a story as it plays out, altering your first time experience.

If you judged plenty of games on plot bullet points and contextless scenes then you've fundamentally changed how you perceive the game when you do play it.

Art Vandelay

Oh Yeah, remember Ghostbusters when it came out and they managed to get a free pass because "if you hate it then it's sexist" which actually made things very difficult since the film was a massive pile of shit.

What you've said is actually what I hate most about gaming because it creates a divide that doesn't benefit anyone. Moaning babies who won't shut the hell up about whatever their gamergate pals have told them this week, which only results in ruining games for every single person who isn't just looking to complain about the latest game not being a direct carbon copy of everything else they've played before. Which also had the effect, as you say, of then being used as a shield against criticism from shite developers.
Yeah, it's genuinely become an actual problem in the entertainment industry. You can see from the start how both sides are going to react to something and exactly where it's going while the actual quality of the product seems to lose all meaning in the ensuing turf war. The only winners are the parasites on both sides of the argument and the people getting a free pass for low quality.

At least I think people have started wising up to it now. I hope.

For what it's worth I won't be buying TLOU2 after reading the leaks. It just sounds bad and I'm taking no chances after wasting money on Tetsua Nomura shitting in my mouth and Pillars of Eternity 2.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, it's genuinely become an actual problem in the entertainment industry. You can see from the start how both sides are going to react to something and exactly where it's going while the actual quality of the product seems to lose all meaning in the ensuing turf war. The only winners are the parasites on both sides of the argument and the people getting a free pass for low quality.

At least I think people have started wising up to it now. I hope.

For what it's worth I won't be buying TLOU2 after reading the leaks. It just sounds bad and I'm taking no chances after wasting money on Tetsua Nomura shitting in my mouth and Pillars of Eternity 2.
Yeah funnily enough, I'm not buying it either because I've got to get through FF7 again and;

the story for this sounds fecking horrendous

Redlambs

@Mr Pigeon He doesn't answer me, and I knew he wouldn't, because I've already pointed out his hypocrisy in the past on here.

Like his little rant above on accepting mediocrity in games :lol:

That and, of course, he has no answer. Look how he's quoting and agreeing with posts to get people onside, people who could also simply look at my post and see the reality of his attitude. It's twitter fishing 101.

Redlambs

That's fair, and I agree. We should be allowed to dislike things for whatever reason we have, without it being turned into another reason entirely. If the story is shit, it's shit.

The pricks who you don't want to be lumped in with though, are the ones you really should be angry with for attempting to drag you into their mess...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@Mr Pigeon He doesn't answer me, and I knew he wouldn't, because I've already pointed out his hypocrisy in the past on here.

Like his little rant above on accepting mediocrity in games :lol:

That and, of course, he has no answer. Look how he's quoting and agreeing with posts to get people onside, people who could also simply look at my post and see the reality of his attitude. It's twitter fishing 101.
Yup!

evil_geko

You two are so cute together, trying to get the reaction out of me to actual waste my time explaining something you already know yourselves. It's much easier calling me hypocrite! Nice effort at bait though, I'll give you that! ;)

@Redlambs never cease to amaze me, the lad is on a roll!

Redlambs

You two are so cute together, trying to get the reaction out of me to actual waste my time explaining something you already know yourselves. It's much easier calling me hypocrite! Nice effort at bait though, I'll give you that! ;)

@Redlambs never cease to amaze me, the lad is on a roll!
I don't need to try. I already called you out once and you ran a mile.

Now here you are talking agendas, and even more laughably, about accepting mediocrity in games! You are such a parody, it amuses me :lol:

Sad thing is, we both love a particular game that everyone else seems to hate. Oh, we could be such good gaming friends...if it wasn't for your "agenda pushing".

Balljy

So was this any good or is it not released yet?

It's impossible to judge a story by a leak as it's how it's told that matters. People appear to have an "in depth" complaint against a story / game that isn't even released yet. My prediction - it'll be very, very good and it'll be a lot easier to argue agendas after release.