Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Take another look, the thread title says "don't post leaked spoilers here."

Point out where I've posted spoilers, genius.
I'll just wait for a mod to come along and tell you to stop giving your opinion on leaks/thread ban you, easier than dealing with you being a .. sorry, your posts being a wanker.

b82REZ

Again, that's not the point. This exact same thing happened with Game of Thrones and it ultimately ended with people being told to shut the feck up about their opinions on the leaks. I don't want to know what your opinion on the story is. People giving their opinions both puts stuff in the heads of those who haven't read the leaks and makes it more likely others will inadvertently spoil elements of the game.

If you want to discuss the leaks then make a different thread or go to PM. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? It always baffles me that people think it's OK to discuss them in these threads when it's so easy to f*ck off and make another thread or PM to do it.

Shane trying to say I'm the one who should go on a TLOU blackout because I'm reading a thread where it literally says in the title to not discuss the leaks is really dumb. He's the one who should piss off out of here.
Well as Shane has since pointed out, no one has expressed any opinion other than the guy claiming the writing was bad and the were pushing agendas. No one has posted spoilers.

I understand your trepidation due to the leaks being out there but you wouldn't be reacting like this if someone said they thought the story would be shit last week. No one has done a Robin in this thread and I'd be the first to call them out like I did in the GoT thread back in the day.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pre-ordered... hopefully there's no further delays (not sure why they delayed it to begin with).

Naughty Dog have delivered great games & stories with the Uncharted series & The Last of Us, so I'm super-hyped to play this.

AaronRedDevil

After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.
Dont care if Ellie is gay. Thats cool. The gender pushing isn't the worse part...believe me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But for the record, if anyone wants to make a point on how good/shit they think the leaks are or their opinion on the spoilers, use the bloody spoiler tags, mark the spoiler tag with the discussion and keep all that stuff in there. The Final Fantasy VII Remake thread is the model thread on game spoilers.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But for the record, if anyone wants to make a point on how good/shit they think the leaks are or their opinion on the spoilers, use the bloody spoiler tags, mark the spoiler tag with the discussion and keep all that stuff in there. The Final Fantasy VII Remake thread is the model thread on game spoilers.
@esmufc07 and @Massive Spanner, report the posts you think violate the point of the title change and add a note to the report that Damien said that the stuff should be in spoiler tags or removed and another member of staff will deal with them. Thanks.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I understand your trepidation due to the leaks being out there but you wouldn't be reacting like this if someone said they thought the story would be shit last week. No one has done a Robin in this thread and I'd be the first to call them out like I did in the GoT thread back in the day.
Well of course I wouldn't, last week they hadn't read the leaks so weren't basing their opinion on having read the fecking story :lol:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
@esmufc07 and @Massive Spanner, report the posts you think violate the point of the title change and add a note to the report that Damien said that the stuff should be in spoiler tags or removed and another member of staff will deal with them. Thanks.
I won't report anything, how about just use this post as a reference point for @Shane88 and the others who've been voicing their opinion on the leaks.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Alright, fine, I'll predict a timeline...
Sorry, what are we talking about? ;)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
So now all talk and speculation has to be stopped because you're worried the game may get spoiled for you?

No one other than @AaronRedDevil or @evil_geko has gone into specifics or mentioned anything remotely spoilery
What are you on about? Speculation is fine if you haven't read the leaks.

If you have read the leaks you can't fecking speculate because you know the story.

Honestly how can you not comprehend this? It's really straightforward stuff that's already been done to death in the Game of Thrones and FFVII remake threads. Common fecking sense.

Just do what Damien said and stick your leak discussion in spoilers. Simple.

b82REZ

What are you on about? Speculation is fine if you haven't read the leaks.

If you have read the leaks you can't fecking speculate because you know the story.

Honestly how can you not comprehend this? It's really straightforward stuff that's already been done to death in the Game of Thrones and FFVII remake threads. Common fecking sense.

Just do what Damien said and stick your leak discussion in spoilers. Simple.
It isn't knowing the story.

The 4chan leak I saw was a few sentences that gave away the beginning, middle and end, no specifics just very general statements about certain events. You're acting like this is the GoT leak where the whole story was laid out down to specifics from individual episodes. This is why I've called out people claiming the writing is shit because there's no way of confirming this beyond personal biases.

You gate keeping the thread isn't going to stop the posters who want to spoil it from doing so. And as someone who would never purposely spoil it I'm happy to call out posters who do because atm you're accusing anyone who speculates of spoiling the game when that isn't the case at all.

evil_geko

So now all talk and speculation has to be stopped because you're worried the game may get spoiled for you?

No one other than @AaronRedDevil or @evil_geko has gone into specifics or mentioned anything remotely spoilery
How have I gone into the specifics? :houllier:

Do people even know what are spoilers these days or we are just screaming spoilers just for the sake of it now?

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It isn't knowing the story.

The 4chan leak I saw was a few sentences that gave away the beginning, middle and end, no specifics just very general statements about certain events. You're acting like this is the GoT leak where the whole story was laid out down to specifics from individual episodes. This is why I've called out people claiming the writing is shit because there's no way of confirming this beyond personal biases.

You gate keeping the thread isn't going to stop the posters who want to spoil it from doing so. And as someone who would never purposely spoil it I'm happy to call out posters who do because atm you're accusing anyone who speculates of spoiling the game when that isn't the case at all.
How am I gatekeeping? These are the rules on every other thread on the forum. It was the case with GoT when there were leaks aplenty. All I'm asking is for people to follow the same rules on here.

I really can't understand why you're being so facetious. A mod already specified the rules so why not just follow them instead of trying to justify breaking them?

b82REZ

How am I gatekeeping? These are the rules on every other thread on the forum. It was the case with GoT when there were leaks aplenty. All I'm asking is for people to follow the same rules on here.

I really can't understand why you're being so facetious. A mod already specified the rules so why not just follow them instead of trying to justify breaking them?
Because I havent broken any rules. I havent speculated nor discussed the spoilers. But you have tried to limit discussion basically because you know that spoilers are out there.

What I'm trying to do is reassure you and others who are sensitive to spoilers that currently no one has spoiled the game and I will keep an eye out for anyone who does. I'll be able to tell who's read the leaks and those who are simply speculating. That avoids the confusion and stops you and others worrying people are secretly spoiling the game.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Because I havent broken any rules. I havent speculated nor discussed the spoilers. But you have tried to limit discussion basically because you know that spoilers are out there.

What I'm trying to do is reassure you and others who are sensitive to spoilers that currently no one has spoiled the game and I will keep an eye out for anyone who does. I'll be able to tell who's read the leaks and those who are simply speculating. That avoids the confusion and stops you and others worrying people are secretly spoiling the game.
I honestly don't care about you trying to help us :lol: I would prefer to not see the word "leaks" in here at all.

Look, Damien already said to put anything pertaining to them in spoiler tags so.. just.. do that from now on and everything is fine and dandy?

b82REZ

I honestly don't care about you trying to help us :lol: I would prefer to not see the word "leaks" in here at all.

Look, Damien already said to put anything pertaining to them in spoiler tags so.. just.. do that from now on and everything is fine and dandy?
So it's you that has the issues so why don't you stay out of the thread? Simply put you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. No one has spoiled the game and you're acting like an entitled brat.

But I'll stay out of the thread and allow the inevitable spoilers to filter in here and then I'll come back after release to watch your monumental breakdown when you realise you were looking a gift horse in the mouth when I offered to police the thread.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
So it's you that has the issues so why don't you stay out of the thread? Simply put you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. No one has spoiled the game and you're acting like an entitled brat.

But I'll stay out of the thread and allow the inevitable spoilers to filter in here and then I'll come back after release to watch your monumental breakdown when you realise you were looking a gift horse in the mouth when I offered to police the thread.
Oh wow, have I hurt your feelings?

Police the thread, what are you gonna do after people have already come in and posted them? Wave a magic white chalk around to delete the text and Men in Black people who've seen them? :lol:

I'll just stick you and the others on ignore so if you don't plan on following the rules of the forum. Easy.

b82REZ

Oh wow, have I hurt your feelings?

Police the thread, what are you gonna do after people have already come in and posted them? Wave a magic white chalk around to delete the text and Men in Black people who've seen them? :lol:

I'll just stick you and the others on ignore so if you don't plan on following the rules of the forum. Easy.
Maybe what I did in the GoT thread, notify a mod who discreetly removed said post before it gets noticed or quoted too many times.

Spoilers are inevitable, what can be controlled is trolls passing spoilers off as speculation. To do that you need someone who has read the spoilers to be able to recognise the difference between a spoiler and a theory. What we've had today is you accuse everyone of ruining the game and then being a mard arse when its pointed out to you that people are actually trying to prevent the spread of the spoilers.

I'm sure I'll survive on your ignore list though seeing I have never seen you post before.

Zen

If you don't want spoilers on something - rule 1. don't enter a thread about that 'something' regardless of anything when you know spoilers are out there. even if it is strict spoiler free.

works a charm when i adhere to it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If you don't want spoilers on something - rule 1. don't enter a thread about that 'something' regardless of anything when you know spoilers are out there. even if it is strict spoiler free.

works a charm when i adhere to it.
Or people could adhere to the rules as per the thread title?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah but we're back to that point about how nobody posted spoilers, just mentioned what they thought about them. Maybe the title needs changed?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I for one am shocked that they decided to merge the game world with the world in the Sixth Sense, because I was surprised to find out that Bruce Willis was a robot.

Zen

Well..... unfortunately people struggle to stick to basic rules when a pendemics happening by not really staying in much. You know, if being completely and utterly unspoiled is important to you in any circumstance, just ignore discussions on said subject until you've experienced it, I do it with films a lot - especially in the trailer heavy world we live in now, completely avoid them... works well y'know.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah but we're back to that point about how nobody posted spoilers, just mentioned what they thought about them. Maybe the title needs changed?
People posting their opinions on spoilers in my opinion is a spoiler.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: such a good show
People posting their opinions on spoilers in my opinion is a spoiler.
Oh, I agree, but maybe we need to hand good a little bit more. I bet at least 10% of the population are just like eight year olds and will always be looking for a technicality to get around things.

I also responded to someone posting their opinions in the spoilers without thinking that it was also a spoiler in itself. It's the story telling equivalent of coronavirus.

Bojan11

Is it hard to use the spoiler box?

I don’t really care for the spoilers. I’m just hoping this isn’t another walking simulator like Uncharted 4 and the gameplay has actually improved from the last one.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not really a spoiler but people are on edge here so putting this in spoiler tag
Remember the Giraffe scene from first game.

Spoiler is first game scene.
If I had just read that scene on internet I would be like what the hell is that. Without context, without the journey, that scene would probably mean nothing. But as it turns out, it's one of the scene that I remember most fondly now. Anybody who has played the DLC already knows about Ellie and her personality. Plot lines without context, without character development means absolutely nothing.

I don't agree with agenda pushing narrative and seriously hope it isn't that. I hope Naughty Dog gets their act together because it will be a shame to lose such a great company.

Edit : I haven't read the new leak.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Over 90 minutes of footage leaked today apparently.

The whole thing will be on the internet before release date at this rate.