g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

Judas

Open to offers
At this point I’d be almost tempted to bin off every single player who was a first teamer here before Ten Hag and start a complete fresh. I’m sick of the same shit over and over again.

Not that I believe ALL of these leaks though, we’re so easy to right about when we’re playing poorly.

JB7

I don't generally put much stock in anything Luckhurst comes out with, there's a reason he's still only at the MEN after all these years after all but this in an interesting paragraph:

"Certain United players also feel they have been put in an invidious position to carry out Ten Hag's tactical instructions as there is a feeling in the squad that his approach has been compromised by the indefinite absence of Antony."

Then next paragraph mentions Antony being the only left footed winger in the squad but given Ten Hag continually bemoaned Antony not going both ways last season I'd surprised if it was that, it's far more likely to be that Antony being the only winger in the squad willing to actually track back and help his defenders, which we know the likes of Rashford (much as I like him), Sancho, Garnacho etc just don't do.

It's interesting that you've all gone to current British players with the accusations, as if Luckhurt doesn't still have the contacts of former players family members that were pretty much known to be leakers who still speak to players in the dressing room. Or of players who were known to have left the club with an axe to grind. Or even a current midfielder that probably expected to be a favourite of Ten Hag having worked with him before but has been cast aside.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I fecking despite the players man. I might actually be done with football if this all turns sour.

redom

It seems to align with the noise around Sancho, how he felt singled out etc, so wouldn't surprise me at all if he was involved, maybe Maguire if he feels the manager has any responsibility for the abuse he's been receiving but I don't see too many others likely to get involved in this right now. The only thing I can think at the moment is if ETH manages to come through this period it should put him in a lot stronger position because this is just about as shit a situation as you can imagine for a manager with both on and off field issues piling up and if he can find a way to navigate out of if then there would be very little that I wouldn't be confident of him handling in the future, of course that looks like a pipe dream at the minute.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We need to stop giving this stuff any oxygen. If it's not made up the powers that be at United need to get to the bottom of which players are 'leaking' and make an example out of them.

Just replace them with some youth players - can't be any worse. it would be a huge mistake to give in to these players - AGAIN. Doesn't matter your opinion of ETH, we can't let these players think they have any power here. It's destroying the club.

the_cliff

Maguire, Sancho, Mctominay the number of United players probably amounts to the 3 of em.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It seems to align with the noise around Sancho, how he felt singled out etc, so wouldn't surprise me at all if he was involved, maybe Maguire if he feels the manager has any responsibility for the abuse he's been receiving but I don't see too many others likely to get involved in this right now. The only thing I can think at the moment is if ETH manages to come through this period it should put him in a lot stronger position because this is just about as shit a situation as you can imagine for a manager with both on and off field issues piling up and if he can find a way to navigate out of if then there would be very little that I wouldn't be confident of him handling in the future, of course that looks like a pipe dream at the minute.
I would say Mc'T. The shit effort he's been giving is just deplorable.

Slightly worried about Rashford as he's friends with Sancho - but Rash is not being marginalised so....

crossy1686

career ending
I’m possibly deluded but I genuinely don’t think he’s lost the players at all. Expecting a good win tomorrow.
Me too, I think he's lost a few but they're all the shite dickheads that have stopped running because they're too busy worrying about where they're going to be when they get booted out of United.

It's the same in any organisation. The toxic shit performers are always the first to grass on the boss for making them accountable because they want to be able to continue to hide and have a cushy life.

tomaldinho1

Perfect example of how our fanbase makes the media all it’s money in this thread.

crossy1686

career ending
Maguire, Sancho, Mctominay. Possibly Rashford. Possibly Shaw.
The best part is, you'll never see any of their names linked with these articles because we'd all instantly agree with the manager, so they keep it vague in hopes you think it's one of the better players.

astracrazy

They are reporting what sources are telling them. That’s their job.
The made up stories and pedalling trash made from leaks would soon stop if it meant the journo would be banned from press conferences for a month or so. Fergie would and did do it.

Maguire, Sancho, Mctominay. Possibly Rashford. Possibly Shaw.
I used to think Shaw when it all happened before, but the guy is out injured. He surely has no involvement in any of these complaints. Most likely McT and Rashford.

crossy1686

career ending
At this point I’d be almost tempted to bin off every single player who was a first teamer here before Ten Hag and start a complete fresh. I’m sick of the same shit over and over again.

Not that I believe ALL of these leaks though, we’re so easy to right about when we’re playing poorly.
Mate, this is literally what we have to do for him to be successful. I said it the other day but there's 2 ways this goes, sack him, rinse and repeat this every 2 years and let these snakes hide in the grass until the next time a manager makes them accountable, or accept we're going to finish 9th this season and give Ten Hag another £400m to clear out everyone that's moaning. One works long term, one works short term. I know which one I prefer.

OmarUnited4ever

seems to me a bs story, as if Ten Hag would spare anyone from criticism in the dressing room

KeanoMagicHat

It is as obvious as anything that once Maguire wasn’t sold in the summer yet was 4th choice centre back that he would leak like mad to get the manager out. Ultimately he was a prick about United having to pay out his contract but still it was worth getting rid of a toxic player like that.

The Purley King

A good CEO would now release a message saying ETH is going nowhere and we are 100% sticking with him.
If players don’t like him then they can be the ones to feck off.

JB7

It is as obvious as anything that once Maguire wasn’t sold in the summer yet was 4th choice centre back that he would leak like mad to get the manager out. Ultimately he was a prick about United having to pay out his contract but still it was worth getting rid of a toxic player like that.
Pretty baseless. Can't wait to see who gets the blame once he's gone.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I actually don't believe the reports anymore. I genuinely think the media recycles this story every time there's a rough patch for clicks and drama. They do it literally every season it's getting really obvious.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

And then we obviously have the staff leak from last week about his agent which came at a time when Murtough and co were maybe under the spotlight too.

We need the new ownership asap and we need for them to be fully committed to getting everyone out the door that needs to be shifted.

Absolutely toxic to carry players we publicly wanted to get rid off. The effort shown by McTominay on Wednesday a clear example.
Keep an eye out for the players Luckhurst doesn't criticise in the next few weeks. Then you'll be able to figure out whose 'camp' fed this to the MEN.

JB7

Keep an eye out for the players Luckhurst doesn't criticise in the next few weeks. Then you'll be able to figure out whose 'camp' fed this to the MEN.
Why are we assuming it's a current player?

It reads to me like the players who aren't good enough are complaining about being criticised for not being good enough. This is why you don't keep unwanted players around because they are asset on the balance sheet.

astracrazy

A good CEO would now release a message saying ETH is going nowhere and we are 100% sticking with him.
If players don’t like him then they can be the ones to feck off.
Arnold should do it at Carrington. Why bother even giving the journo's the satisfaction of getting a response over this tripe.

Why are we assuming it's a current player?
How could it not be?

saik

It's Rashford. He was visibly disgruntled after tracking back Laimer for like 4th or 5th time during the game.

Seems like he feels being asked to put in a defensive shift like Antony is beneath him.

saik

Do you think the same people who leaked information before just stop talking to their friends at the club when they leave?
Which ultimately means some current player leaked it to their mates who in turn leaked it to Luckhurst. It's the same in the end. Some current player is leaking shit.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The money these players are paid, the manager should criticise them behind closed doors, not in public of course, every time they don't play perfect, honestly.
It is a part of the job description to perform for the club.

Hoof the ball

I would say Mc'T. The shit effort he's been giving is just deplorable.

Slightly worried about Rashford as he's friends with Sancho - but Rash is not being marginalised so....
Rashford is a good possibility. He and Sancho are tight. If Sancho is marginalised from the first team squad it's very likely at the least that Rashford talks to Sancho casually about the current environment and mood of the squad in training. Sancho likely will have motivation for the leak, but Rashford is a better candidate than McTominay and Maguire for being the one feeding him information casually through their close friendshjp.

Smores

It'll be the players who look defeated on the pitch and aren't giving it their all. As soon as results turn some of this lot externalise the blame quickly. Personally think Rashford and McTominay most likely.

Born2Lose

It's Rashford. He was visibly disgruntled after tracking back Laimer for like 4th or 5th time during the game.

Seems like he feels being asked to put in a defensive shift like Antony is beneath him.
Definitely been a leaker all along, his on the pitch attitude tells you everything about him.

Its all gone Shane Long

I have these visions f I was the new owner of the club sitting there in front of a large audience of journalists.
I would start by saying thanks for having me today to discuss what I see going forward.
Firstly a major review of staff is under way, where we can cut back, where we can add, we we can amalgamate.
Players, manager, coaches, support staff, inhouse media, right down to the cleaners are all under review.

Next I’ll be saying at the top of my lungs this is Manchester United!! We have very very high standards, you don’t like it there is the bloody door. You buy into my vision or you go, there’s your pay off now off you go, no thanks no nothing, just point to the door. The previous regime let standards majorly slip, robbed it of money, power, influence and respect and under me that will never happen again.

Fans pay good hard earned money after a long week at work to see the world class footballers who would spill blood for their club entertain them. Under me I’m bringing Manchester United back to the top. You have a decision to make. Gauntlet thrown down! You’re either with me or against. Man City, Liverpool, RM, Barca, we are coming for you again, watch this space and I get up and walk out.
Ah dreams are so much fun :D

Maticmaker

With all these references to 'leaks', I am surprised no one has drawn the comparison between ETH and his famous countryman who had to stick his finger in the dyke to prevent disaster! Bet Erik knows now just how that feels.
Just hope ETH can endeavour to persevere, hold his nerve, get the injuries sorted, move on those he needs to move and put the rest on 'company punishment' until the leaks stop.

cyberman

Rashford is a good possibility. He and Sancho are tight. If Sancho is marginalised from the first team squad it's very likely at the least that Rashford talks to Sancho casually about the current environment and mood of the squad in training. Sancho likely will have motivation for the leak, but Rashford is a better candidate than McTominay and Maguire for being the one feeding him information casually through their close friendshjp.
When Rashfords camp leaks it’s to major outlets, not Luckhurst.
We are overplaying good old Samuel here.

Conor

It reads to me like the players who aren't good enough are complaining about being criticised for not being good enough. This is why you don't keep unwanted players around because they are asset on the balance sheet.
This is the problem with not having money to buy back up players, you can't get rid of any of the current ones unless they get sold, and you end up having to play them and keep them involved, rather than loaning them out.

JB7

Which ultimately means some current player leaked it to their mates who in turn leaked it to Luckhurst. It's the same in the end. Some current player is leaking shit.
Technically but also not really. Player talking to their mate or family members etc is just a person venting, not really any different to anyone about work, you wouldn't normally expect it to go further. The article is written in such a loose sense that it could be information from anywhere, could quite literally be player-brother-friend-dad-friend type information.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
So leaker is saying nobody wants to play Antony’s position because his role is impossible. Or they can’t be asked putting in the effort he does?

Can someone remind me how Sancho was not training properly. I’d leave Maguire out of this one or even McT because the behavioural patterns don’t align.

It takes just one pollutant with a whack interpretation of reality to paint a bad picture. Poor journalism if anything. Agenda driven attacks on Johnny Foreigner again.

astracrazy

It will be interesting if anyone happens to pick up an "injury" today according to EtH so is out of the squad for tomorrow.....

ManUtd1999

Its 2023. They'll play shit and blame the manager.
Was that defense used for Ole, or is it just used for Tan Hag?

For some reason, it seems that posters here like to defend ETH for everything that happens, unlike his predecessors. It’s always the fault of someone/something else, not the manager.