Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ocarina of time rocks! I remember nearly creaming my pants when I got it for Christmas the year it was released.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Well, to make a long story short: Running it more or less by myself was pretty much a full time job and then some, and I was about to start uni. And I got what I at the time thought to be a pretty good offer as well.

Two years later it was sold again for three times as much though!
I think I remember seeing it for sale on Digitalpoint. Probably was the second time it was sold then when I saw it.

Anyway, cool :D

Here's some recent footage of OOT on 3DS

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Fact: I started the most popular Legend of Zelda fansite on the web - Zelda Universe.

No lie, sold it back in 2005. By then it was already above and beyond the most popular one, though.

Ocarina of Time is my all time favourite game, I think. Can't really decide between that and Majora's Mask, with The Wind Waker (if collecting the Triforce Shards quest had been proper dungeons instead, as originally planned, it would have been the best) and A Link to the Past coming in close behind.

Don't think I'll be getting a 3DS though, but I'm really looking forward to Skyward Sword, which I have high hopes for! I think it'll make up for Twilight Princes, which was a bit of a let-down for me.
We share the same opinions. Majora's Mask is a masterpiece that wasn't really appreciated enough at the time. Such a dark, sad and emotionally investing game. I mean the general atmopshere of the third day, when the deku guy finds his son turned into wood, the Zora and Goron blokes dying, end of the Kafei quest, the dad in the music box house, the characters forgetting all you've done for them...the list is endless.

Twillight Princess didn't have that connection with the other characters, one of the reasons why it was a bit of a disappointment.

Ocarina of time rocks! I remember nearly creaming my pants when I got it for Christmas the year it was released.
I actually wished for Yoshi's Story that christmas and instead I got this game I've never even heard of...my disappointment soon disappeared.

RedLars

I think I remember seeing it for sale on Digitalpoint. Probably was the second time it was sold then when I saw it.
It could have been the third time. It was sold twice after I originally sold it, last time in 2007! Are you a website-thingamajingy (I don't even know what it's called, online entrepreneur?) since you hang around DP?

We share the same opinions. Majora's Mask is a masterpiece that wasn't really appreciated enough at the time. Such a dark, sad and emotionally investing game. I mean the general atmopshere of the third day, when the deku guy finds his son turned into wood, the Zora and Goron blokes dying, end of the Kafei quest, the dad in music box house, the characters forgetting all you've done for them...

Twillight Princess didn't have that connection with the other characters, one of the reasons why it was a bit of a disappointment.
You're absolutely spot on about what makes Majora's Mask stand out so much. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in the characters of any game, and that's quite a feat. I think Igos du Ikana (the king of Ikana) was my favourite character. I loved how his character and story hinted about this great, awesome kingdom and story of the past, but left a lot to the imagination when it didn't really explore it all that much. I remember this one line really stuck with me:

"Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure, these feelings have vanished from our hearts."

In fact, Majora's Mask had more memorable quotes than any other game I can remember. My favourite came from The Happy Mask Salesman:

" Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you. "

And it really did get far too little recognition, but I think part of the reason was the reason I didn't really appreciate it as much as I do know when I originally played it. I was extremely excited about an Ocarina of Time sequel, and was disappointed playing through it that it had so few direct connections to it, storywise.

In hindsight though, that's part of it's strength. It's a terrific game, true to the Zelda spirit, without relying on the same formula and ingredients that most of the games do.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It could have been the third time. It was sold twice after I originally sold it, last time in 2007! Are you a website-thingamajingy (I don't even know what it's called, online entrepreneur?) since you hang around DP?
I used to spend some time on there doing some things in the Buy and Sell section, but I was banned 1-2 years ago for apparently having duplicate account (I didn't). Doubt I would spend much time on there anymore anyway.

And nah I'm not an "online entrepreneur", wish I was though :p I work on forums a bit. But I'm not too successful at it :lol:

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I actually wished for Yoshi's Story that christmas and instead I got this game I've never even heard of...my disappointment soon disappeared.
I owned Yoshi's Story. I thought it was quite good when I was a kid, then I played Yoshi's Island. Story is utter shite in comparison.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
You're absolutely spot on about what makes Majora's Mask stand out so much. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in the characters of any game, and that's quite a feat. I think Igos du Ikana (the king of Ikana) was my favourite character. I loved how his character and story hinted about this great, awesome kingdom and story of the past, but left a lot to the imagination when it didn't really explore it all that much. I remember this one line really stuck with me:

"Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure, these feelings have vanished from our hearts."

In fact, Majora's Mask had more memorable quotes than any other game I can remember. My favourite came from The Happy Mask Salesman:

" Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you. "

And it really did get far too little recognition, but I think part of the reason was the reason I didn't really appreciate it as much as I do know when I originally played it. I was extremely excited about an Ocarina of Time sequel, and was disappointed playing through it that it had so few direct connections to it, storywise.

In hindsight though, that's part of it's strength. It's a terrific game, true to the Zelda spirit, without relying on the same formula and ingredients that most of the games do.
It's a deep game that is filled with deep quotes like that, subtly hidden across the game. The Happy Mask Salesman is a brilliant character that sort of symbolizes the mysteriousness of the game.

And what would the games be without the music..

kps88

Alright that's it. You lot have convinced me to replay Majora's Mask.

RedLars

It's a deep game that is filled with deep quotes like that, subtly hidden across the game. The Happy Mask Salesman is a brilliant character that sort of symbolizes the mysteriousness of the game.

And what would the games be without the music..
That music still gives me a feeling of unease. Koji Kondo is a pure genius, and that is without doubt one of his best works in terms of capturing the mood and setting in a perfect way.

Alright that's it. You lot have convinced me to replay Majora's Mask.
Good! Enjoy :)

Did any of you guys complete the Alien task at lon lon ranch(i think thats what it was called)?
Romani Ranch! And yes, it's part of the Anju and Kafei sidequest if I remember correctly, and you get Epona's Song when you complete that particular part?

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Zelda: Collectors Edition probably. I've got it as well, has got the first two NES games plus OoT and MM on it.
Righto - I'm tempted to go back to Majora's Mask - maybe I didn't really like Ocarina of Time as not enjoying such games at the time and now going back it makes the game feel generic.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Zelda: Collector's Edition probably. I've got it as well, has got the first two NES games plus OoT and MM on it.
Yeah that's the one, i got it just after Wind Waker. It's got OoT and Majora's Mask on it along with the first two Zelda games from the NES. I only actually played OoT on it though.

Had a look on google and it's going for about £30 quid online, i only paid about £10 for it!

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Romani Ranch! And yes, it's part of the Anju and Kafei sidequest if I remember correctly, and you get Epona's Song when you complete that particular part?
Yes you are partly right but you don't get Epon's song if you complete it you get a type of milk which pretty much allows you to use infinate magic so you can roll around as a goron against the last boss and not have to worry about the green power bar, its great!!

Did anybody else manage to get "The Mask Of The fierce Deity"?

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Yes you are partly right but you don't get Epon's song if you complete it you get a type of milk which pretty much allows you to use infinate magic so you can roll around as a goron against the last boss and not have to worry about the green power bar, its great!!

Did anybody else manage to get "The Mask Of The fierce Deity"?
Got it but didn't like using it, it makes the bosses way too easy.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Starting playing it last night, i wanted to turn it off somewhere in the second day but didn't know how to save (obviously found out later). The beginning is very trippy, and the bit where the screen shrinks when the bell tolls confused me first time round.

Looks like i'm finally going to get into it later, now that i'm not a tree.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
First thing I always do when I'm not Deku Link anymore is stab that bastard dog in Clock Town who kept attacking you. Damn racist dog.

RedLars

The visuals are absolutely stunning. I think they are exactly what I would have imagined the "perfect" Zelda game to look like!

kps88

Its come a long way after that terrible E3 demonstration. The stuff I've read has made it sound epic.

They say its the joint highest score ever given? Any idea what the other game was?

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
I played through Ocarina of Time again last week (the original, not the 3D one) Oh Ocarina, how I love you.

Wonder Pigeon

Supports
Shelbourne
Last Wii game I played was Donkey Kong Country Returns. Which was quite good. Still, I've owned a Wii ever since it came out, yet I own...maybe...5 games?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Ocarina of time is a masterpiece, only game to hold a candle to FF7.

forevrared

OoT was and still is the pinnacle of console gaming.

Majora's Mask was shit though, I hate any game like that where you are fecking about with the time and going forward and back and it's a pain in the ass.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
My fave rpg of all time after final fantasy 10.

I remember shedding a tear at that ending and feeling all warm and fuzzy inside when Tidus and Yuna kissed.

I've never connected with a game like that before, now THAT was the ultimate RPG.