Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posh Red

I glided to the thunder clouds in the south and landed on Dragonhead Island. Somehow made my way blindly to a shrine and then opened a door which led me to the Construct head. Flew it down to the ground and into the Construct Factory place in the depths which I had already discovered, so that bit makes sense now. Have I done this in a weird order? Was I supposed to somehow clear that storm? I think I'll save this sage until last anyway.
This is very similar to how I discovered this :lol:

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I've played this for weeks now yet I've barely explored the depths. Blackreach flashbacks and so forth, not really been that keen.

Took me the longest to realize that you were supposed to help that guy holding up the sign everywhere. Thought he was a signpost himself.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finally finished it. Will get back in later to finish the shrines and king gleeok and whatever sides quest I'm sure, but was leaving on vacation tomorrow so wanted to just go through the last bit. Great ending IMO.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I found the final piece of the Awakening armour yesterday. :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've done water and sky phenomena now and fully ugraded the pura pad. Some of the side quests are starting to get a little draggy. Really haven't explored enough of the depths or the sky though.

I definitely want to smash out more shrines and complete all the tear things as well before even thinking about focusing on finishing the main quest. I know it's a one and done for me so might as well savour it.

Agent Red

Has anyone found a good way to get rupees other than the meat skewers and side quests? I feel like they’re harder to come by than in BOTW so haven’t been able to buy much armour or start the dream home stuff yet.

Maagge

Has anyone found a good way to get rupees other than the meat skewers and side quests? I feel like they’re harder to come by than in BOTW so haven’t been able to buy much armour or start the dream home stuff yet.
Sell gemstones. You get more of them than in BotW. You'll probably meet a character who buys 10 at a time for a favourable price*.

*I don't actually know if it's favourable.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Sell gemstones. You get more of them than in BotW. You'll probably meet a character who buys 10 at a time for a favourable price*.

*I don't actually know if it's favourable.
It's definitely the easiest way forward. Find a cave that you can smash a lot of rocks with the Goron sage or 5th sage, mark it on your map and then return when the red moon rises ( it resets both monsters and key materials).

Agent Red

Thanks both. From other posts I wasn’t sure whether to keep them for armour upgrades, but if there’s no equivalent of the snowball game this time round I’ll just keep farming them.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Thanks both. From other posts I wasn’t sure whether to keep them for armour upgrades, but if there’s no equivalent of the snowball game this time round I’ll just keep farming them.
Depends what you want to focus on upgrading. If you want max level on the 3 core element sets, then keep 15 of each available. All depends how advanced in the game you are to balance it out.

Luminous stones are pretty useless in my opinion yet in abundance. Sell those off and you make good cash.

Another easy one I found: find a shrine in the sky at midnight and have a quick scan of any star fragments that fall out the sky anytime after. They are 200 a pop and so easy to collect once you spot them

Hamnat

I need to finish the story this week while I am off. Still haven't done any of the mazes and I left off at the final boss encounter I had been avoiding for side quests.

Maagge

Have any of you looked at Hyrule Engineering on Reddit? People understand the mechanics of this game to a degree I can only dream about.

I'd avoid looking at the subreddit until you've actually played the game for a while and feel like you actually understand how things work.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have any of you looked at Hyrule Engineering on Reddit? People understand the mechanics of this game to a degree I can only dream about.

I'd avoid looking at the subreddit until you've actually played the game for a while and feel like you actually understand how things work.
Can't comprehend how people can come up with half that stuff. I barely get a plank with some wheels going.

Maagge

Can't comprehend how people can come up with half that stuff. I barely get a plank with some wheels going.
I haven't really bothered with the device that stands upright when you turn it on. But it seems like that's really integral to a lot of their stuff if you actually know what you're doing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I haven't really bothered with the device that stands upright when you turn it on. But it seems like that's really integral to a lot of their stuff if you actually know what you're doing.
You can use cooking pots as ball joints too.

decorativeed

I've only just realised that the map marks caves with a small tick in the top right of the icon if you've found/shot the bubbulfrog in that cave. Very handy feature. @Solius - was it you who was wondering about how to keep track of this?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've only just realised that the map marks caves with a small tick in the top right of the icon if you've found/shot the bubbulfrog in that cave. Very handy feature. @Solius - was it you who was wondering about how to keep track of this?
No I worked that but out. I think i was wondering whether it tells you that you got the chest in a shrine but I stopped giving a shit about those.

Maagge

No I worked that but out. I think i was wondering whether it tells you that you got the chest in a shrine but I stopped giving a shit about those.
If you got the chest there'll be a chest symbol next to the shrine name on the map.

decorativeed

Ah, right. Yeah, after a while it doesn't really matter. Solve a harder puzzle than the rest in some cases for 5 brightbloom seeds when you already have 999!

Just done my 400th Korok seed. Only 600 more to go...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally found the King Gleeok. Killed it on the second attempt :D

atkar83

I can't recommend the hoverbike that can be made with two fans and a control stick enough for exploring the depths and quickly moving around Hyrule. Its made it so much more fun getting around. The depths are way too big to walk around and find everything in, adding a big glow seed to the front adds more than enough light to see.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can't recommend the hoverbike that can be made with two fans and a control stick enough for exploring the depths and quickly moving around Hyrule. Its made it so much more fun getting around. The depths are way too big to walk around and find everything in, adding a big glow seed to the front adds more than enough light to see.
That's a really good idea! Going to give it a go tonight

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How does the Spirit Temple quest come up?

I accidentally stumbled and completed it all while exploring Dragonhead Island. I assume something happens after you do the four phenomena?
Yeah not sure yet but I think I'm close to finding out.

Done all Lightroots, all shrines except one and 240 korok seeds. Finishing the story now.

Maagge

I accidentally stumbled and completed it all while exploring Dragonhead Island. I assume something happens after you do the four phenomena?
That sounds like what I was doing yesterday. I'm not done with it all, but I started the questline and got some way into it.

Maagge

Sorry for the spoiler bud :(
No I don't feel like you spoiled anything at all. I was just saying that I did something very similar yesterday. By complete chance as I don't think anyone had told me to check it the sky islands covered hidden in the clouds.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

finish the 4 phenomena, go to kakariko and explore the ruins, meet them at that place in faron and do that dragon river quest, clear the storm, explore dragonhead, find mask, follow the light, go to depths and remake the zonai girl, go to the marker on the map and enter the temple
Been a few weeks but roughly like that

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
finish the 4 phenomena, go to kakariko and explore the ruins, meet them at that place in faron and do that dragon river quest, clear the storm, explore dragonhead, find mask, follow the light, go to depths and remake the zonai girl, go to the marker on the map and enter the temple
Been a few weeks but roughly like that
That explains why that absolute jobsworth kept stopping me from going to the ruins.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just got to a certain point in the story and basically got loads of “woah you’ve already done that?!! And skipped right to what looks to be the final quest :lol:

I still need to clear the storm in the sky for the final shrine I need. No idea how now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished it. Brilliant game.

Almost too big at times and my gaming map OCD took over a lot but overall such a fantastic experience.