Television The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Fingeredmouse

Given there were 3441 years in the 2nd age and 3021 years in the 3rd age. I think we can pretty much discount that theory. :p
The point I'm making is that we don't know what the show contains at all. We were told it focused on the Second Age but the one photo we have is clearly from the First.

But, no, he's not going to be Boromir or anything to do with his lineage and I'd suggest that the fact Boromir died impaled by numerous arrows before having any children might be more of a barrier to seeing his descendent than anything else.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The point I'm making is that we don't know what the show contains at all. We were told it focused on the Second Age but the one photo we have is clearly from the First.

But, no, he's not going to be Boromir or anything to do with his lineage and I'd suggest that the fact Boromir died impaled by numerous arrows before having any children might be more of a barrier to seeing his descendent than anything else.
Well, i'm assuming that the show will focus on Numenor and the Elves. Can't wait to follow the adventure of Gil-Galad, he was an utter, utter badass.

Fingeredmouse

Well, i'm assuming that the show will focus on Numenor and the Elves. Can't wait to follow the adventure of Gil-Galad, he was an utter, utter badass.
Yes but we're told Sauron won't appear in the first series which means it can't be the downfall of Numenor or the forging of the rings. It's hard to speculate.

Gil-Galad will surely appear at some point? It's hard to imagine how he couldn't unless they're going completely off piste.

sport2793

The image probably is a flashback, after all many of the main players in the second and even the third age would have seen the two trees. Time is not an obstacle when you are immortal.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I know it's impossible, but would be great if they could drop the Hollywood stuff like Legolas sliding on a shield and focus more on building Tolkien lore, which in TV series' case they'll have even more screen time, even without releasing special editions.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I know it's impossible, but would be great if they could drop the Hollywood stuff like Legolas sliding on a shield and focus more on building Tolkien lore, which in TV series' case they'll have even more screen time, even without releasing special editions.
Well, Peter Jackson is knowhere near this, so all the silly 15 year old shit will hopefully not be in it.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He was the only one with hollywood - like scenes. Out of the 11ish hours they did it kept pretty grounded I felt.

iKnowNothing

For a second I was wondering why the trailer wasn’t out, given that the show was releasing in a month. Then I looked at the date again. :/

Amarsdd

As it's taking place in the Second Age, I suppose the main storyline they'll follow will be the fall of Numenor? Has that been confirmed?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yup. At least they could retain rights to music motives and some props from earlier prods.

They're filming in New Zealand, so here's hoping.
Well, they were...

Lord of the Rings: Amazon moves show to UK from New Zealand
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58196473

I'm assuming that Mount Doom will be represented by Blackpool Tower. Seagulls to portray orcs and whatnot.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Well, they were...

Lord of the Rings: Amazon moves show to UK from New Zealand
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58196473

I'm assuming that Mount Doom will be represented by Blackpool Tower. Seagulls to portray orcs and whatnot.
:lol:

Tolkien loved Europe's landscapes and it was inspiring him. Think this will work just fine... Even Crebains from Dunland look a bit like northern crows.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
:lol:

Tolkien loved Europe's landscapes and it was inspiring him. Think this will work just fine... Even Crebains from Dunland look a bit like northern crows.
Fecking NZ pretty much has all of Europe's landscapes in one little country. Rolling English countryside? Waikato farmland. French Riviera? Napier and Hawke's Bay. Norwegian Fjords? Milford Sound and Fiordland. Mountains? Southern Alps. Swiss mountain lakes? Queenstown. Icelandic Glazers? Franz Josef. Rainforest? Uh, also Franz Josef somehow.

Lucky bastards.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fecking NZ pretty much has all of Europe's landscapes in one little country. Rolling English countryside? Waikato farmland. French Riviera? Napier and Hawke's Bay. Norwegian Fjords? Milford Sound and Fiordland. Mountains? Southern Alps. Swiss mountain lakes? Queenstown. Icelandic Glazers? Franz Josef. Rainforest? Uh, also Franz Josef somehow.

Lucky bastards.
Not only that, they have almost full scale Shire set just as it was in the movies.

Ridiculously lucky bastards.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Man, this country is absolutely ridiculously amazing..

Lucky bastards.
Not only that, they have almost full scale Shire set just as it was in the movies.

Ridiculously lucky bastards.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It looks like we are going to see the land of the Valinor to the west of middle earth. Finrod died in the First Age before this show is set and was brought back to life in Valinor.

They must be going to touch more on the Valar and the mystic side of LOTR, hopefully going into a lot of depth from the Silmarillion.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
When is this series due out?
my understanding from redsky is that it depends on the age it is set in.

3441 if it is set in the 2nd age or 3021 if set in the 3rd age.

SoCross

Is Finrod's era after Morgoth was banned in the Void?
If I recall right yeah. Was a direct enemy of Sauron.

Unless it's about his reincarnation. But not sure what that story will be about