The LVG is a fat-headed stubborn arrogant fatso thread

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha good work @golden_blunder! :lol:

I'll just add that LvG played the worst football I've ever seen United play. People also forget he was just one game away from officially having a worse record than Moyes. Most of his players have been moved on anyway. Nothing against the guy personally but he was a fraud and absolutely rubbish as a United manager.

Plato

He made me quit philosophy at university because all the lectures were about his playing style.

His football was so boring that I didn't even bother signing up for a RedCafe account during his two years here.

buckooo1978

Thank God for that; all of them are very individualistic players with inability to play in a team except RVP who was just old.

People still rate Rafael :lol:
Nani showed he could still do it for Lisbon in the Champions League and at the Euros....

as for Rafael people like to downgrade his ability but I would rather have had him at right back than Darmian or Varela who played crucial games

my point was mainly about the meagre fees

buckooo1978

think one of the most annoyingly arrogant things he did was in that match against Sheffield United in which we were utter utter pish

he took off Martial and the crowd clearly booed the decision

in his post match he criticised the crowd for booing the player

thought this was a bit scummy

Home&Away

think one of the most annoyingly arrogant things he did was in that match against Sheffield United in which we were utter utter pish

he took off Martial and the crowd clearly booed the decision

in his post match he criticised the crowd for booing the player

thought this was a bit scummy
Umm did you see what happened yesterday?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Here's one: He won us our first major honour since Ferguson.

/thread and have some respect.
He actually deserves no respect. Never have United played such disgraceful football. The stats were utterly horrendous when we were barely registering a shot on target in home games against the likes of Sheffield United. What’s worse was his arrogance in his bullshit philosophy. All he won was an FA Cup after spending millions and millions on utter crap. Thank feck he is out of our club.

buckooo1978

José did the exact same thing
nonsense

we had 3 or 4 decent scoring opportunities against one of the best defences in the country

I'm not a big fan of José's style but even in those 7/8 times he will play that way he was still more productive and exciting that Van Gaal

I remember games under Van Gaal where we regularly had 60+ percent possession but had 1/2 shots on target against teams like Southampton

woeful stuff

Home&Away

nonsense

we had 3 or 4 decent scoring opportunities against one of the best defences in the country

I'm not a big fan of José's style but even in those 7/8 times he will play that way he was still more productive and exciting that Van Gaal

I remember games under Van Gaal where we regularly had 60+ percent possession but had 1/2 shots on target against teams like Southampton

woeful stuff
I'm talking about the crowd booing rashford coming off and then Jose criticism of the crowd.

Kapardin

People still think @Home&Away does not know what he is doing here?:lol:

LvG was a terrible manager, not just for his tactics, but the way he kept putting down the fans in his second season, deliberately misunderstanding as to whom the boos were directed at, etc. He was a shrewd manipulator who knew how to get the fans onside though (his dive during the Arsenal game was very much a preplanned stunt).

In his second season, it wouldn't be a stretch to say he was among the worst managers in the league.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Just not from united fans

Barca fans dislike him, Bayern fans dislike him, Dutch fans dislike him, the majority of united fans dislike him.

I genuinely don’t get why he has a fan club, aside from Ajax fans from 1990s
History will judge him well. He started the work that Heynckes and Guardiola continued with at Bayern, taking them within one game of a treble a year after Klinsmann’s disasterous spell. He also won Barça back-to-back titles after three years of Madrid dominance, took a terrible Netherlands side to third in the World Cup and won the Eredivisie with AZ.

His personality has made him unpopular with fans at many of his ex clubs and amplifies his failures when they happen, but not many coaches have had the success he’s had in multiple countries and with a national team.

fellaini's barber

If we win the the treble anytime within the next 5 years it will be due to his 'foundations'. Doesn't matter if there's been 5 managers after him, his fanbois made me understand that his foundations yield fruits after 5 years, they say he did at Barca and Bayern so both clubs owe all their success to him. So I'm patiently waiting

Fridge chutney

He saw us play well in a group of games against good opposition towards the end of the first season. He made me feel quite optimistic about season two. In the pre-season for season two he ignored everything we'd seen in season one, and discarded the progress we'd made. In season two, instead of making us better, he made watching us a miserable experience.
Perfectly summarized. I remember feeling optimism. But I also remember it disapting with 5+ nil nil draws sapping my enjoyment out of watching United. Truly the most boring iteration of the club I've ever seen.

stevoc

Didn't mind Van Gaal, his best quality was that he wasn't David Moyes after that silly prick no one would ever seem as bad.

He did make a right balls up of the squad though, sold the wrong players and replaced them with overpriced mediocrity.

stevoc

I am defending him because people consistently assume he did nothing. Iv got no problem about the fact that he was fired; I never once said that he should have stayed - but there is people on this forum saying he was worse than Moyes; that José hasn't received even a tiny bit of help from LVG's tenure - how can I be the wrong one here?
I doubt there are many if any who really believe that.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Thank God for that; all of them are very individualistic players with inability to play in a team except RVP who was just old.

People still rate Rafael :lol:

Hernandez would still have been useful coming off the bench, he is a natural goal scorer. Nani was bette than than Memphis, he was just a flair player that played on instinct which LVG did not like. RVP was only 31 when he left, not exactly old.

LJJT

He was brought in to stabilise the club and get us back to something like where we used to be with Fergie. We knew what we where getting off the back of his successful World Cup with Holland and previous. He has his methods and his ways and you can't blame him for trying to implement what he thought was best and would lead to success as he had done that his whole career. I agree the games where boring to watch, his methods where all long term and I always felt we where constantly in transition and edging closer to what he wanted us to be. I think the personal hate towards him is a bit harsh he was great with the media, really entertaining and he tried to play the game the way he saw it. He got ripped for 352 and now they are all at it. He brought a lot of positives and stabilised us and won the FA Cup don't forget he deserves a lot more respect.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Here's one: He won us our first major honour since Ferguson.

/thread and have some respect.
Bringing through Rashford
Signing Martial
Converting Valenica to RB full time
Extending Young's usefulness
Bringing through Lingard
4-2 win over City and best performance Utd put at Anfield in a generation
Winning the FA Cup
Agree with these.

buckooo1978

I'm talking about the crowd booing rashford coming off and then Jose criticism of the crowd.
didn't realise that - no surprises in Jose being a prat but I thought he was moaning about the fans when Lukaku gave up on a lose ball and the fans groaned then he started again

Mourinho is only a bad month away from imploding IMO - that talk about PSG as well makes you think he thinks he can say/do what he wants

Foxbatt

He certainly was a lot better than Moyes. He never thought he was less of a manager and had confident in himself. Yes the playing got boring in the end but no can say he was boring. He was not a defeatist like Moyes. So in that way it was a positive move and he won us the FA Cup and his defeat of Spurs at OT was one of the best after SAF retired. I really don't know how we thrashed them and then suddenly went back to the old boring football.