The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

MrSingh2002

How is he so tactically shit after this long managing?

Picked the wrong midfield lineup and still won't change it.

Ole out thread time.

This squads too good to have a single excuse.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Like Belgium under Martinez. You just know they won't win anything with an average manager in charge

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What for.

His boy Mason can keep shooting the ball until midnight without hitting the target once and he wouldn't take him off.
fecking idiotic sometimes I swear.

Another masterclass. We had one sub so we used it to take off the 6ft4 midfielder who had been marking the space the goal later came from.

stw2022

He likes a very late change doesn’t he? Not necessarily talking about the last game but it’s frustrating when he thinks bringing someone on in the 84th minute will make all the difference

arnie_ni

Another masterclass. We had one sub so we used it to take off the 6ft4 midfielder who had been marking the space the goal later came from.
He was horrendous and could have been hooked after 20mins

stw2022

I honestly don’t think he makes changes based on performance or what the game needs I think his subs are almost always planned before the game or when forced by injury. I honestly can’t recall the last time a player was pulled off for a poor showing.

He was horrendous and could have been hooked after 20mins
He should have been hooked yes, but waiting so late in the game makes it pointless and disrupts the team at a high pressure point.

Like everything with Ole, whether his subs work or make it worse is a total lottery. Nothing is properly reasoned or planned.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It’s not just subs, he is extremely slow in decision making both on and off the pitch. Going with the same mediocre midfield for 3 years is part of it. He should have changed it / added quality a long time ago.
VdB is also part of it. Either veto the signing and sing a DM instead or finally figure out how to use him.

The EL final still pisses me off when he let Rashford - who came off for treatment twice - play 120 minutes. Didn’t make other changes either when they were needed. Same against Sevilla the previous season.

During games when we are getting hammered he takes ages to talk to his coaching staff before he even considers making a change that I fear we will concede anyway before he has decided what to change.

There are several other examples. Slow and hesitant decision making as manager will not get you far. He is way too patient.

Idxomer

Never forget when he took out AWB, Lindelof, and Shaw and put on TMF, Tuanzebe, and Williams when we were losing against Leipzig and needed a result.

fergieisold

Funny how this is being ignored here!?
Yep, kind of puts the argument to bed that he’s ‘shit at subs’

maybe there’s an argument for being ‘late at subs’ but whatever he’s doing puts him top of all the other managers in game changing decisions from the bench.

What did take too long yesterday was the shaw sub in particular...clearly injured and a horrific 10-15 minutes of him miles off the pace while Dalot was warming up.

stw2022

How does making subs put to bed an argument he’s shit up subs? I sing in shower every day but that don’t put to bed the argument I sound wank

Flytan

I thought his attacking subs were good early in his time here but after the pathetic display against Young Boys I don't see how anyone can defend them anymore.

Many of his subs in the attacking area work out because we're chasing games so often and we need to score. We also have useless goals like Lingards a few weeks back when the game was in hand (note I mean useless in that it didn't affect the outcome of the game) that count toward this statistic.

Never forget when he took out AWB, Lindelof, and Shaw and put on TMF, Tuanzebe, and Williams when we were losing against Leipzig and needed a result.
To add to how bad the Young Boys subs were, he also did this.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
His subs are often not wrong but rather late.
Still the stat is probably misleading unless it is only counting games of all teams in which they are behind.
Otherwise I assume City and others rarely go behind so when they make a sub the aim is not to score a goal but rather to keep the result.

lex talionis

The subs argument isn’t the strongest case against Ole. He’s put together some fabulous rolls of the dice. For me the bigger problem is that lack of any real cohesive attacking philosophy and his strange persistence on starting players when they’re clearly out of form.

stw2022

The subs argument isn’t the strongest case against Ole. He’s put together some fabulous rolls of the dice. For me the bigger problem is that lack of any real cohesive attacking philosophy and his strange persistence on starting players when they’re clearly out of form.
That’s not what subs should be though. A top manager uses subs proactively. Occasionally you’ll need to influence the game like that but the instances should be occasional not the sole use of changes.

Maybe that’s why he likes a late sub because he thinks throwing them on to grab a late goal is all they’re for .

Despite the stereotype that Fergie was a chancer who built a career throwing on strikers and lucking out he really wasn’t

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saw a few clowns asking why he didn't make a few attacking subs.
Totally ignoring that we'd had to make 2 defensive ones, so only had 1 to play with.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Saw a few clowns asking why he didn't make a few attacking subs.
Totally ignoring that we'd had to make 2 defensive ones, so only had 1 to play with.
It was the same at the match. Guy at the side of me two mins after Maguire sub screamed "make a couple of subs you wanker". I politely pointed out we'd made two already and maybe a third too early would leave us with ten men... then some other fans said a similar thing but not as politely as I had.

He was quiet for the rest of the game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was the same at the match. Guy at the side of me two mins after Maguire sub screamed "make a couple of subs you wanker". I politely pointed out we'd made two already and maybe a third too early would leave us with ten men... then some other fans said a similar thing but not as politely as I had.

He was quiet for the rest of the game.
Ah I can't wait to get there on Wednesday and experience some idiots in the flesh :drool:

Best idiot at Wycombe the other day was a guy who screamed TAKE HIS LEGS, with a big pause then sheepish, BUT WIN THE BALL OBVIOUSLY. :lol:

Ah I can't wait to get there on Wednesday and experience some idiots in the flesh :drool:

Best idiot at Wycombe the other day was a guy who screamed TAKE HIS LEGS, with a big pause then sheepish, BUT WIN THE BALL OBVIOUSLY. :lol:
Very civilised :) I almost lost my voice shouting at Martinez and Dean (wankers). Wish someone had taken them out at the legs

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ole obviously isn’t a ‘talented coach’.

He dedicated and obviously cares, but talented coaches are obvious. Just as talented players are.
That's the most sensible thing I've read on this platform for a long time.

Same thoughts can be applied to Martial etc

UnitedFire

Interesting stats, but could be a couple of sides to this....

To the good...Great subs, changing games

To the bad....wrong starters, desperation to get back in games, Ole Gunnar freestyle tactics where his plan hasn't worked and subs have to save the day.

I feel like there must be more to what Ole does, similar to Southgate. Just feels like the team is managed by stats, I.e. the things that make no sense to anyone must have a reason and those reasons could well be stats.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very civilised :) I almost lost my voice shouting at Martinez and Dean (wankers). Wish someone had taken them out at the legs

I was trying to watch it on a very buffery stream at the MK game, and then saw that 88 Hause pop up, and then totally killed by the 0-1 missed pen 93 one.

Then Wycombe had a man wrongly sent off, killing that game.
Crap weekend, but we quickly go again midweek! And I'll be there this time.

I was trying to watch it on a very buffery stream at the MK game, and then saw that 88 Hause pop up, and then totally killed by the 0-1 missed pen 93 one.

Then Wycombe had a man wrongly sent off, killing that game.
Crap weekend, but we quickly go again midweek! And I'll be there this time.
If you have a favourite player and want to see if HE Scores a GOAL.. sure there’s a website with good quality streams out there

Jaxa

Remember that game against PSG where the whole world could see Fred was going to get sent off except Ole,

Yeah it’s the same tonight with Dalot on the right hand side, he’s getting skinned alive and it’s only a matter of time until we concede from his mistakes,

Just replace him right now, get Bailly on and push Victor to the right, do something ffs rather than just wait for the inevitable

arnie_ni

I estimate 73 mins before a change is made and we'll be 1 0 down with a goal down our right side.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Remember that game against PSG where the whole world could see Fred was going to get sent off except Ole,

Yeah it’s the same tonight with Dalot on the right hand side, he’s getting skinned alive and it’s only a matter of time until we concede from his mistakes,

Just replace him right now, get Bailly on and push Victor to the right, do something ffs rather than just wait for the inevitable
Sure enough

Josep Dowling

Knew it would happen and it did.

Jaxa

Strike when the iron is hot Ole,

Get some fresh legs on the pitch, why the hell is Cavani not on yet ? Get Lingard on even , how can a manager be watching this team and think it’s acceptable !?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For the sake of balance, worth saying Cavani and Matic on were good subs.

arnie_ni

For the sake of balance, worth saying Cavani and Matic on were good subs.
Yep they were although I'd have took Ronaldo or Bruno off before sancho. Those 2 are completely gashed. Running on fumes.

Jesse has been standing there about 5 minutes and the ball has been out about 3 times, still not on.

Edit

Guess it doesn't matter if he's got nothing left on the tank you leave him on, although he did swap him and cavani positionally it looked like.

Last edited: