The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Disgraceful. When City were down in Div 3 they were getting brilliant crowds. Do those folk still go or is the Emptihad full of jonny come latelys these days which can't be arsed unless United are playing?

Erebus

Official attendances (at almost all clubs not just city) include all season ticket holders as attending even if they're not there.

Plugsy

But why would season ticket holders not attend? A few hundred? Fine, but they are (were) in the middle of a title race. Why had (est) 15,000 people just not shown up?

gasmanc

Banned
But why would season ticket holders not attend? A few hundred? Fine, but they are (were) in the middle of a title race. Why had (est) 15,000 people just not shown up?
People work, its a bummer i know but I've missed 3/4 of games and only passed on about half, I've left empty seats at OT more than a few times.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Jesus christ, and they have the cheek to give us shit when our attendance figures are announced.

Even on a horrible day we still have more than their capacity. This City is yours... yeah alright bellends.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
They'll have to employ the Comical Ali of propaganda when they expand the Council House to 60,000 in order to justify the attendances.

Laughable support made all the more funny with their incessant "Manchester is Blue" claptrap.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Did you not know? City are a "family" club so they don't have great attendances at night time games because of it...

Erebus

The best of it is you talk to blues and they will swear blind the ground was full. The ones I know do anyway.

Buchan

The best of it is you talk to blues and they will swear blind the ground was full. The ones I know do anyway.
Yep, it's this bee-hive mentality of theirs that they actually believe the ground is full. A few of them even ribbed me in work ahead of the Derby at Old Trafford a few weeks because there was a selection of tickets still available online (think it was a footballtickets.com-type website which sells tickets for £200 or £300 a go) on the day of the match.

What fúcking planet do these lads live on at all?

alastair

ignorant
It's kind of good in a way that they do have empty seats because it means that there'll be room for their new fans in the next five years.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
This really irritates me, even being a member of LFC it is really difficult to get tickets due to such a high demand I've only gotten to 3 games this year 2 of the tickets got on late availability. Then you look at title rivals and see a half full stadium, and plans to make it bigger!

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Yep, it's this bee-hive mentality of theirs that they actually believe the ground is full. A few of them even ribbed me in work ahead of the Derby at Old Trafford a few weeks because there was a selection of tickets still available online (think it was a footballtickets.com-type website which sells tickets for £200 or £300 a go) on the day of the match.

What fúcking planet do these lads live on at all?
They have a great atmosphere at the Ethiad as well did you hear?? lol.

My bird is a blue (I know FML) so i've been to a few of their "big games" and the atmosphere was fecking horrible. I saw them play Bayern, Real, Dortmund, Ajax and it was dead... Again, apparently it's because their "family club" status means these night time games have poor attendances and atmospheres... Jesus, imagine we used that bloody excuse?

This really irritates me, even being a member of LFC it is really difficult to get tickets due to such a high demand I've only gotten to 3 games this year 2 of the tickets got on late availability. Then you look at title rivals and see a half full stadium, and plans to make it bigger!
Their new capacity is meant to be for those fans who can't afford current season ticket plans. From the majority of City fans I know and from what I hear, the majority of people who already own a season ticket are just moving there leaving more expensive ones for the rest of the public. I predict there will be very similar attendances when upgraded and there will be many more noticeable blue seats lower down.

Buchan

My bird is a blue (I know FML) so i've been to a few of their "big games" and the atmosphere was fecking horrible. I saw them play Bayern, Real, Dortmund, Ajax and it was dead... Again, apparently it's because their "family club" status means these night time games have poor attendances and atmospheres... Jesus, imagine we used that bloody excuse?
There's a thread on 'Blue Moon' which is slating their atmosphere the last six months.

I don't watch every City game, but I watched a fair portion of tonight's game and it was horrid. I refuse to believe their fans are as passionate as those you'd see at Old Trafford, for example. On a related point: since they moved to the Council House, what is their equivalent of the "Kippax"? My mates at work all have season tickets and they tell me the most atmospheric part of the stadium is down beside the away fans.

gasmanc

Banned
You will piss tickets for Liverpool even though the grounds a bit small.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
There's a thread on 'Blue Moon' which is slating their atmosphere the last six months.

I don't watch every City game, but I watched a fair portion of tonight's game and it was horrid. I refuse to believe their fans are as passionate as those you'd see at Old Trafford, for example. On a related point: since they moved to the Council House, what is their equivalent of the "Kippax"? My mates at work all have season tickets and they tell me the most atmospheric part of the stadium is down beside the away fans.
It's been happening for a lot longer than 6 months :p

Their "singing fans" are situated on either side of the away section. Basically the away fans have the majority of one end and their singers are on the corners. Pretty stupid planning if you ask me, can't get a real roar when required in their current set-up.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
Fair weather fans, least its in the right thread....:)
It's pretty much every season though, you'll struggle to find a season when Liverpool's average attendance isn't over 99%, same as United. I wish we had a stadium the size of OT, I know people who have been waiting over 10 years on a season ticket, you can't even apply for one at the minute :(

Erebus

Their new capacity is meant to be for those fans who can't afford current season ticket plans. From the majority of City fans I know and from what I hear, the majority of people who already own a season ticket are just moving there leaving more expensive ones for the rest of the public. I predict there will be very similar attendances when upgraded and there will be many more noticeable blue seats lower down.
Well if they can't fill the place tonight, then the likelihood is that most of the extra seats will remain empty. If this happens and current season ticket holders just move to the cheaper seats and vacate the current more expensive ones, then it will further reduce the clubs income as they'll be getting less for season ticket sales than they currently are. More FFP problems!

Buchan

Interesting. If this was United, the Bitters would be all over it calling us a 'classless' club obsessed with money.

500 fans locked out because City double-sold their tickets. That's a scandal, that. What makes it hilarious, though, is City hierarchy insisting it was a sell-out yet thousands of empty seats were visible.

You couldn't make it up.

mufcwarm92

A lot more than 500 empty seats in that picture.
Disgraceful. When City were down in Div 3 they were getting brilliant crowds. Do those folk still go or is the Emptihad full of jonny come latelys these days which can't be arsed unless United are playing?
It's all relative. They had good crowds for a third division side.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca

Interesting. If this was United, the Bitters would be all over it calling us a 'classless' club obsessed with money.

500 fans locked out because City double-sold their tickets. That's a scandal, that. What makes it hilarious, though, is City hierarchy insisting it was a sell-out yet thousands of empty seats were visible.

You couldn't make it up.
If there is a sliver lining to the cloud that is this season it's City. I must admit I'd feared that the days of being able to have a laugh at the blues expense might be over for a while but they truly are as small time as it gets. It's been a great couiple of weeks for them - title all but over and just the one tin pot to show for all their talk and now a possible FFP sanction in the nuts for added measure. My dream scenario? A transfer embago precipitating a failure to make the top 4 next season, nudged out of the CL places by us as we build, back where they belong with no recourse to financially doping themselves back into contention, cue exodus of overpaid "star" players as the "project" falls flat on its blue arse. Not all that far fetched really.

A new dynasty in Manchester? Sorry but I just blinked and think I may have missed it :lol:

Plugsy

I hope they expand that stadium asap. I just want to see that attendance in a ground 15,000 seats larger.

And as it is now they HEAVILY discount tickets in order to pack them in.

MDFC Manager

It's kind of good in a way that they do have empty seats because it means that there'll be room for their new fans in the next five years.
That would make sense if they were actually successful, rather than the bottle job they're currently on.

LR7

I hope they expand that stadium asap. I just want to see that attendance in a ground 15,000 seats larger.

And as it is now they HEAVILY discount tickets in order to pack them in.
It's truly pathetic that they are expanding it when they can't even consistently fill the current capacity.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Their fans quickly filtered out when Sunderland scored, even though there was a good 5 mins or so left.
That was a dire performance. Complete lack of effort and desire. Fans had every right to leave early if the players couldn't be arsed. I stayed until the end but seriously, that was as bad a performance I have seen us give since the takeover commitment-wise.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
That was a dire performance. Complete lack of effort and desire. Fans had every right to leave early if the players couldn't be arsed. I stayed until the end but seriously, that was as bad a performance I have seen us give since the takeover commitment-wise.
It about 5 minutes left with all to play for, fans are supposed to drive the team on, you weren't getting tanked 6-0 by a rival you were hanging on against Sunderland and still in contention for the title.

I don't think you can make excuses for it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It about 5 minutes left with all to play for, fans are supposed to drive the team on, you weren't getting tanked 6-0 by a rival you were hanging on against Sunderland and still in contention for the title.

I don't think you can make excuses for it.
About 10 minutes in it became patently clear the players were not up for the game. Lethargic and uninterested, Sunderland were playing better. Simply because they wanted it more. I turned to my mate at half-time and said I'd be amazed if we win this. When they scored I can imagine many fans were just pissed off about the whole inevitability of it all. Frustration got the better of them and like I said, I can certainly sympathise with them leaving early. If the players aren't showing any commitment and passion it's hard for the fans to get behind them.