The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well he wasn't invited by me. He got tickets through his job as a carer, has mates who support both City and United, and was therefore watching the match from a neutral perspective. I know his comments don't fit the narrative that United fans want to see but that's hardly my fault ;)

I will add that he was also critical of the behaviour of one of our own idiots who thought it would be wise to lob a bottle at the United fans which landed near him and the person he was looking after.
You are kind of missing my point. If you invited one of your say, Liverpool supporting mates (it could happen, you never know, there are a lot of Scousers in Manchester, they come to escape the shithole that is Liverpool) to come and watch City play, say, Spurs. They go because they are your mate, but they aren't going to say anything nice about either team, really, are they?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You are kind of missing my point. If you invited one of your say, Liverpool supporting mates (it could happen, you never know, there are a lot of Scousers in Manchester, they come to escape the shithole that is Liverpool) to come and watch City play, say, Spurs. They go because they are your mate, but they aren't going to say anything nice about either team, really, are they?
I don't think I am and I don't think you can generalise every neutral fan in that way. It could depend on the clubs involved as well. For example, I consider United, Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal all as our rivals on the pitch these days. If I was invited to a United v Liverpool game I probably wouldn't have much positive to say about either club in fairness and would want you both to get beat if it was possible ;) However, if I was invited to an Arsenal v Spurs game, I'd be able to offer up a far more unbiased and less critical opinion.

Speaking of Liverpool, one of our customers at work is a Liverpool fan but far from being bitter towards rival clubs, he's totally magnanimous - he often phones us up at work if City or United have had a good result to congratulate me and the United fan. He's way too polite to be a football fan and a little bit out of touch as evidenced when my boss invited him to a United v Liverpool game a couple of seasons ago, stating that he was shocked to hear how vitriolic some United fans were towards the Liverpool team and fans :lol:

Charlie Foley

Well he wasn't invited by me. He got tickets through his job as a carer, has mates who support both City and United, and was therefore watching the match from a neutral perspective. I know his comments don't fit the narrative that United fans want to see but that's hardly my fault ;)

I will add that he was also critical of the behaviour of one of our own idiots who thought it would be wise to lob a bottle at the United fans which landed near him and the person he was looking after.
I'm not saying anything about narrative or even really questioning it. I just thought it was a funny "here's my proof" thing!

Also, "way too polite to be a football fan" made me laugh :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't think I am and I don't think you can generalise every neutral fan in that way. It could depend on the clubs involved as well. For example, I consider United, Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal all as our rivals on the pitch these days. If I was invited to a United v Liverpool game I probably wouldn't have much positive to say about either club in fairness and would want you both to get beat if it was possible ;) However, if I was invited to an Arsenal v Spurs game, I'd be able to offer up a far more unbiased and less critical opinion.

Speaking of Liverpool, one of our customers at work is a Liverpool fan but far from being bitter towards rival clubs, he's totally magnanimous - he often phones us up at work if City or United have had a good result to congratulate me and the United fan. He's way too polite to be a football fan and a little bit out of touch as evidenced when my boss invited him to a United v Liverpool game a couple of seasons ago, stating that he was shocked to hear how vitriolic some United fans were towards the Liverpool team and fans :lol:
Don't forget, apart from United, you don't have any traditional rivals in the top flight. United have big rivalries with all the other top 6 sides.

Nobody cares much about City, they are largely an irrelevant annoyance.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'm not saying anything about narrative or even really questioning it. I just thought it was a funny "here's my proof" thing!

Also, "way too polite to be a football fan" made me laugh :lol:
To be honest, I didn't have much of an issue with your post at all mate - it was pretty knowledgeable, and your assessment of the atmosphere at the 2 League Cup semis in 2010 was pretty much bang on.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Don't forget, apart from United, you don't have any traditional rivals in the top flight. United have big rivalries with all the other top 6 sides.

Nobody cares much about City, they are largely an irrelevant annoyance.
Ouch. I'd beg to differ a little about Spurs though. Off the pitch, City and Spurs fans have had a rivalry since the '81 cup final that has often spilled over into violence. If we'd played them at Wembley on Sunday instead of Arsenal, I guarantee it would've kicked off all over the place whereas the atmosphere against Arsenal was largely a friendly one, save for the odd isolated incident.

Charlie Foley

Ouch. I'd beg to differ a little about Spurs though. Off the pitch, City and Spurs fans have had a rivalry since the '81 cup final that has often spilled over into violence. If we'd played them at Wembley on Sunday instead of Arsenal, I guarantee it would've kicked off all over the place whereas the atmosphere against Arsenal was largely a friendly one, save for the odd isolated incident.
Arsenal Fan TV would have been pretty violent if they lost :lol:

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Wrong. You only piped up significantly after Herrera scored - before that you were absolutely shocking for a derby, and I'd say that as someone that has attended every Manchester derby at Old Trafford in the past 21 years it was the quietest one of the lot from a United perspective. City completely drowned out your singing section pretty much throughout the first half. Don't get me wrong, there were some hardy souls in your singing section giving it a good go but nowhere near enough to drown out 7000 City fans. A Spurs fan I know was at the game in the United end and was near both your SS and our end so was best placed to give an impartial opinion. He posted on FB after the game "Well after my first Manchester derby I have to say if it wasn't for the City fans singing for the first 50 mins it would've been the worst atmosphere ever. United fans only singing when they scored"

Now if you want to delude yourself into thinking otherwise, then that's your prerogative.
:lol::lol::lol:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They're all still skint from the FA cup semi final and couldn't afford the tram fare supposedly.

opopop

They must be boycotting the premier league games over their ban on signing academy players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even non-United fans make fun of their attendance. It's pathetic. This is the most successful period in the club's history ffs!

KN5

Whenever I know there's a game on and I know a family is nearby Old Tarfford I notify them not to use the usual route since it'll be busy. When they're near the Etihad, I don't say a word and they make it back on time regardless haha.

Oscie

We know how easily Guardiola is triggered and blue is a calming colour. Besmirching the consideration of City fans to the anxieties of their manager is pathetic, frankly.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's all the fault of David "rag" Gill.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd love to know Pep's real thoughts on City. After Barca and Bayern, this is a huge step down for him and it isn't going how he wants right now.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol: Always funny checking this thread after a City home game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ohhh cheers guys. Yeah, he looks delighted.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Even non-United fans make fun of their attendance. It's pathetic. This is the most successful period in the club's history ffs!
You can always spot the armchair United fans on this thread because the ones that attend home games on a regular basis at Old Trafford know full well that you have a none too insignificant empty seats issue of your own:nono:

SirScholes

You can always spot the armchair United fans on this thread because the ones that attend home games on a regular basis at Old Trafford know full well that you have a none too insignificant empty seats issue of your own:nono:
We have the highest average attendance percentage ?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
We have the highest average attendance percentage ?
It means nothing mate. United, like City and pretty much every other PL club, report attendances as tickets sold rather than turnstile clicks. If thousands of your season ticket holders decide not to turn up for a game, or tens of thousands as with Bournemouth at home last season, they're still included in the attendance. Look at how empty the Emirates was the other week for Arsenal v Leicester, yet they still announced a capacity crowd.

City actually sold all the tickets in the 3rd tier of the South Stand that Palace returned but it was other areas of the ground where there were no-shows. ST holders picking and choosing their games.