The Manchester Title Race

Rooney24

While I don’t want to jump too far ahead, if we can beat Everton and go to the Council House and win the league at their place that will just be the Ultimate!

Im getting tingles even thinking about it, but I need to reel myself in. One game at a time…..

togg

I just have a feeling that Everton's morale might be a bit low. I really do think Moyes and the team thought they would get to that final...it was their chance at a trophy after all their hard work over the years on low resources. I suppose there is an argument that if they had got to the cup then they wouldn't have worked so hard against us for fear of injuries etc...but I feel as though they might just want to play the season out..

Rooney24

I just have a feeling that Everton's morale might be a bit low. I really do think Moyes and the team thought they would get to that final...it was their chance at a trophy after all their hard work over the years on low resources. I suppose there is an argument that if they had got to the cup then they wouldn't have worked so hard against us for fear of injuries etc...but I feel as though they might just want to play the season out..

I dont think so. They will be going flat out now to finish above Liverpool.

acnumber9

I dont think so. They will be going flat out now to finish above Liverpool.
Everton are a decent side but if they can't go flat out in a cup semi final against Liverpool why would they be any more likely to do so next week? Moyes is just too negative in these big games. If Utd drop points next week it'll be more to do with how we've played than anything Everton muster I think.

Drifter

American
Sixth spot is now up for grabs regarding Europa football.More incentive for the toffees.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
While I don’t want to jump too far ahead, if we can beat Everton and go to the Council House and win the league at their place that will just be the Ultimate!

Im getting tingles even thinking about it, but I need to reel myself in. One game at a time…..
We will not win at the Etihad, and Everton are capable of giving us a game too. I would be delighted with 4 points in the next 2 but being the pessimist that I am I worry about City being top on goal difference on Apr 30th.

Zen86

We will not win at the Etihad, and Everton are capable of giving us a game too. I would be delighted with 4 points in the next 2 but being the pessimist that I am I worry about City being top on goal difference on Apr 30th.
Why not?

We have no fresh injuries and we're playing well, the Wigan game aside. Also, we've already beat them there in the FA cup.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
We will beat City by at least three goals on their own ground.

redevil2

Your glass is not half empty... It's totally empty! You need to get a life, go play tennis or something. :)

Cold_Boy

Man Utd
21 April - Everton home 3-1 win
28 April - Man City away 1-1 draw
5 May - Swansea home 2-1 win
13 May - Sunderland away 1-1 draw

Man City
21 April - Wolves away 5- 0 win
28 April - Man Utd home 1-1 draw
5 May - Newcastle away 2-0 win
13 May - QPR home 3-0 win

Wouldnt mind this.

Adebesi

I just had a visit from the Ghost of Football Matches Future.

He assured me Newcastle are going to beat City. In fact, he took me to the game. I cant give you any more details tho as I dont want to cause any suspicious betting patterns.

But all of you who are panicking can now chill out. We will take at least a point when we play City and they will also lose against Newcastle. Although I dont know what will happen in any of the other games.

Beat Everton and we only need 5 points from the final 9.

Losing on goal difference would kill me, especially by only a goal or two, meaning that 6-1 defeat at OT was the difference.

SATA

I think i need to get a life. Is it just me that keeps thinking of this title 24/7 and the permutations or results we and City will/might get in our remaining matches? I don't really remember feeling like this at all last season, probably it's because it's City this season and how much i want that coveted 20th title to shut everyone up. How i wish the next round of games comes sooner rather than the weekend

redevil2

I think i need to get a life. Is it just me that keeps thinking of this title 24/7 and the permutations or results we and City will/might get in our remaining matches? I don't really remember feeling like this at all last season, probably it's because it's City this season and how much i want that coveted 20th title to shut everyone up. How i wish the next round of games comes sooner rather than the weekend
In the Redcafe, you can be almost certain your feeling is shared by most if not all... I sometimes ask myself the same question, and I have a busy life outside supporting my team!:nervous:

EricaNo7

It's not just you.
Amazing how much happier I feel since yesterday :)

SATA

Well, going 8 points on Sunday will certainly make us even happier. After that it's over to Wolves. Surely one can only hope with Wolves still fighting to save the drop and giving their all? I mean if they lose this one, they are confirm doom

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Well, going 8 points on Sunday will certainly make us even happier. After that it's over to Wolves. Surely one can only hope with Wolves still fighting to save the drop and giving their all? I mean if they lose this one, they are confirm doom
As I've said previously, City Wolves is a foregone conclusion. Seen a lot of Wolves this season and they are completely done in. They've lost all semblance of organisation and confidence. It'll be a damage limitation exercise.

Claymore

Ha ha, not at all, I'm the same mate. I keep randomly coming out with stuff like "if we beat this or that and then get this from them" routines about us winning the title to the misses and I can almost see her brain thinking, oh fs, not again. Football hey. :lol:

gbgary

Man Utd
21 April - Everton home 3-1 win
28 April - Man City away 1-1 draw
5 May - Swansea home 2-1 win
13 May - Sunderland away 1-1 draw

Man City
21 April - Wolves away 5- 0 win
28 April - Man Utd home 1-1 draw
5 May - Newcastle away 2-0 win
13 May - QPR home 3-0 win

Wouldnt mind this.

that works mathematically but i'd be disappointed if that actually happened that way. i want at least 10 points from that with 3 of them coming against massive.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
You'd be disappointed if we only win the League mathematically?

kietotheworld

The last match won't necessarily be treated all that seriously if we've already won the League before it starts, as it would in Cold_Boy's scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points in it, nor would I be all that bothered about it.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
We only need 9 points to tie our all time record for points in a 38 game season, 91 points from 1999-2000. We had 92 points in 93-94, but it was a 42 game season.

I think it would be a great slap in the face to those who doubt this team or our midfield, to do as well as any United team in history. With Vidic back next season we should be scary good.