The Manchester Title Race

mjs020294

Its all about pressure on the run in. On Sunday the pressure is on United against Everton. Drop points and City have it in their own hands, win and we put all the pressure back on City for the later game.

If things remain teh same this week and City win the Derby they put a ton of pressure back on us. Beat the barcodes and the pressure will really be on United. I for one don't trust Newcastle to get a result against a City team playing with abandon.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I have no faith whatsoever in Barcodes getting a result against City.
Especially when they play Chelsea beforehand in a midweek match that will be their six pointer.

Let's not being looking for favours, though. Sunderland have gone on holiday and the other two matches are at home. We should be thinking of nothing but nine points from them.

Chabon

I have no faith whatsoever in Barcodes getting a result against City.
As long as we win tomorrow I'm confident Newcastle will get a result. If City go there with the lead then, tbh, I can't see them letting up.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
we win tomorrow it allows us to go to city and park the bus

they would have to beat us and come at us and we are good at counter attacking.
Tomorrows home game is crucial. If we are still 5 points ahead after going to city we will win the league at home to swansea

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
so where are the arrogant spackers who were claiming we've won the title ???

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They will win against Wolves, I just hope Newcastle will do us a favour because we really are going to need this.

Drifter

American
I never give up on United.We will beat citeh next week. I still feel it's over.

Ludens the Red

To be honest, a large section of our support dont deserve to see a title winning team. The arrogance on show after going 8 clear was embarrassing. Seeing them all over facebook and the internet talking like it was won. Perhaps more embarrassing is that our players have done the same and thought the title was won. city will probably win it from here but the talk this year will be about the most embarrassing bottle job in the history of football.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
We play better when things are tight, give us a big lead and we let up. This way we'll give full effort at City.

Too bad we couldn't get the guard of honor, though.

I just can't believe the football gods would let Tevez come back and win a title after his nonsense.

Varun

Staff
We would have taken this at January, we can draw City and City still have to go to Newcastle. Not over yet.
What shite logic is that. We've thrown 2 points away here after losing to Wigan of all teams.

Abysmal defensive performance.

City have it in their hands now, thats the worst part about it all. But then, its in our hands too. The game at Etihad will be the title decider, can feel it now. City will beat Newcastle, tonight must be a big big boost for them.

This hurts. fecks sake,

kps88

Even if we manage to beat/hold City, we're more than capable of dropping points in our remaining two games. We look terribly nervous. Even the best can bottle it sometimes.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
A horror of a result. Before we didn't have to get anything at the Etihad, now we do, so it's hardly the time to be giving up. We go there three points ahead. The pressure will be no less on them than it is us.

Even so, this is a confidence breaker. You can't throw away leads like that at home.

Varun

Staff
City will not win against Wolves later.
they'l batter wolves. Our only hope if we want others to win the title for us are newcastle. seeing as momentum has shifted massively though, i'd say we'd need to get points at etihad to win the title now. dont see city dropping points elsewhere.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Pretty gutting. Especially when you score 4 and look fantastic but concede four.
It took the shine off of Welbecks goal and his overall game. He was fantastic.

You can count on City steamrolling Wolves after a boost like this.

Here's hoping they bottle it!

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
We always seem to do it the hard way. As much as I hate it, it is the United way. We always seem to need a kick up the arse every once in the while. The pressure would be on City at home, we can go there and play a counter attacking strategy.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I can't believe people are still talking about that crap.
Are they? It was just an off hand comment. No one expected us to drop all these points after dropping almost none for months, so it wasn't exactly an outrageous idea.

Anyway, I'm with Drifter, I'd still put money on us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is United all over. Always the hard way. Well now we see the true colours of this team. They have got to go to Wastelands and do the business. Its that simple. If they fail to at least draw then City will win the title. Simple as.

prateik

Seriously have a bad feeling about this.
Momentum is very important. We've lost ours. City are gaining it.