The Manchester Title Race

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The title was over, but it's a good thing we had an 8 point lead because we've bottled it these last few weeks. We really need to sort out our defense for next week because city will tear us apart if we don't. Good thing our attacking players are back to form, but looking at the position we were in two weeks ago, we could have been guaranteed the title with a draw against city. Now we need to draw against city and win the rest.

gbgary

:( Exactly, if we went there 5 ahead, we'd still have that security net but now it's just gonna be far too tense. We should park the bus.
the total opposite. play it the way we played it in the community shield match...pressure the ball wherever it's at. up the pitch, halfway, or our end, pressure the ball. don't allow them to set up. counter at every opportunity.

Jacob

Every single one of you knee-jerkers would've taken this situation 15 rounds a go. Get a grip, you embarass the forum.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Not nervous, it happens so many time. One team takes a big lead. Everyone says title is over. Then they slip up and make the league interesting only to later beat the other team.

Barcelona did few years ago, later they defeated madrid. United did last year. I reckon united and madrid will repeat that this year. Well they will atleast draw the derbies, mark my words.
Like I said it always happen, yesterday madrid did what happens normally like I said and next week united will beat city you can quote me on that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Every single one of you knee-jerkers would've taken this situation 15 rounds a go. Get a grip, you embarass the forum.
Yes, but 2 weeks ago we were 8 points ahead. Does it not bother you how we have bottled it these last few games?

Jacob

Yes, but 2 weeks ago we were 8 points ahead. Does it not bother you how we have bottled it these last few games?
Of course it bothers me, but there is nothing we can do except concentrate on the next game. If we want to discuss our previous games I rather we discuss how we should improve rather then hitting the panic button. Besides, if I recall correctly, last time we played poorly prior to a derby, we won. We are good at bouncing back in big games.

Ludens the Red

the total opposite. play it the way we played it in the community shield match...pressure the ball wherever it's at. up the pitch, halfway, or our end, pressure the ball. don't allow them to set up. counter at every opportunity.
I wouldn't read too much into that match. We played that way for 3 games, haven't played like it since. Haven't got the players to.

Would be the worst way possible to play against them.
Not really, they're like Barca, they're quite one dimensional. If we stifle their attacks(which will all come through the centre) remain compact, do a couple of man mark jobs, we can get a 0-0. Taking them on would be suicide with our soft centre and defensively atrocious fullbacks.

kietotheworld

Perspective

A) City haven't won today yet, although they probably will

B) Regarding the game at Eastlands, they need to beat us, not the other way round, there are two outcomes which favour us, a draw and a victory. According to the bookmakers odds, a favourable outcome is significantly more likely than an unfavourable on, and that's an assessment I'd agree with.

C) Should we lose at Eastlands, and City win today Manchester City still have to travel to the Sports Direct Arena, again, requiring a win. Newcastle have only lost there twice this season, and are challenging for a potential Champions League place - they're likely to get at least a point.

We're still favourites, and rightly so.

Number7

Ret's Slave
I don't think I'm more annoyed about anytnig at this moment than that stupid fecking idiot at Old Trafford he 'amusingly' has created a 'why always we (20)' banner which doesn't make any fecking sense. Prick.

togg

I know we still have the advantage, but as Fergie says the "initiative" has been passed to city. I think any fervant united fan will feel as though they have been punched in the stomach today....its a natural feeling

kps88

Just relax and savor the next 6 games, our triumphant and unstoppable march to No 20, hopefully secured at Watselands.

Shiity are shot, wasted, finished. remind me of ourselves in 1990/91 when we bottled it to lose to Blackburn.

To lose the title, we need a credible contender ..... Yaya subbed with an injury, Ballotelli imploding with a red card, Tevez the player who only plays when he wants to and Mancini publicly telling his squad they are not not good enough .... I would hate to be in that shitty dressing room right now or indeed on there training pitch in the next few days.

Sometimes a bubble just bursts and you see the cold light of day .... much like we did vs Barcelona in the CL final last year. For shitty its over and I can't see any other contenders.

If we lose from here, then we really should sack Fergie and sell Giggs. But we won't, because they know what it takes, as so so many others at our beautiful football club.
:p

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
yep wolves will take points of city :lol: :lol: will they feck.

if they beat us then they're ahead because of goal difference with 2 games left.

NoLogo

If we manage to throw this title away I fear I'll have to go into hiding for a year... can't imagine the abuse United fans will get at work and school if we bottle this.

That's what every ABU has been waiting for.

But since we never do it the easy way it would probably have been too much to ask for winning the league by 8 points.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I think I could be philosophical if it wasn't City.

But if they do win the title, I'll look forward to the influx of OOTs and see what they have to say about that. Seeing as it's only United who get the glory-seekers and the OOTs.

Godfather

Squeeky bum time.
If we lose to City again, they deserve to be champions anyway, an 8 point lead really shouldn't be thrown away like this.

I still enjoyed our football today, great attacking football. The defensive lapses were horrible, but with Vidic back next year and another fullback joining we should be alright.

kps88

Newcastle play Chelsea on the Wednesday before the City game on the Saturday (early kick off as well). This could be very significant considering they play the same players every game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Newcastle play Chelsea on the Wednesday before the City game on the Saturday (early kick off as well). This could be very significant considering they play the same players every game.
If City beat us then they'll beat Newcastle as well

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Wolves are giving their all today. Anyone who has a go at them with regards to this match can eff off.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
If City beat us then they'll beat Newcastle as well
Just like Wigan beat us and Arsenal, but couldn't beat Fulham.

Obviously City can beat Newcastle but it's daft to state it as fact.

gbgary

magic number...

combination of points won by us and/or points lost by massive to win the prem.

maybe we'll get an owen v city-like winner next week.

Stretfordender

3 pts ahead going into the derby, it's still in our hands. We will go to the council house and get something from the match I'm confident of that, keep the faith keep believing we will make it number 20!!

adam118

Those two comeback draws city got versus Sunderland and stoke suddenly look like good results now.

My optimism for this whole title race has just disappeared quicker than a 2 goal lead at Old Trafford. I'm seeing visions of Kompany lifting the premier league trophy and I don't like it.

Werder Herzog

Get a grip you absoloute fannys. We have a 3 point lead, their are 3 possible outcomes in next weeks game two which would suit us better than them, we both still have two games to play after next week aswell where anything can happen. It is our's to lose, yes we would all like the gap to be wider but i'd of took this lead going into the game a month back and i will take it now.

kps88

Still see us drawing (at least) at theirs and still see them dropping points at Newcastle. But the way we've been playing Swansea and Sunderland will be anything but straightforward.
Yep. Both Swansea and Sunderland will come at us with nothing to lose. A bit like what Everton did. Everyone expected them to drop deep and play with 10 behind the ball, but when there's not much at stake teams can afford to have a go. Our defense better be up for it.

For a lot of those Swansea players, playing at OT will be the chance of the lifetime. They will be right up for it and will see a lot more of the ball than we're accustomed to.