Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Had to roll my eyes at some of the expository let me attempt a SW Timeline stuff. Very clunky. Loved the designs again. The costumes, sets, colour and lighting were nice. The father son stuff was great. The simul-duels with the Western gunslingers outside and the Eastern warriors (partly a Western dramatic construct) go at it inside was neat. What I like about the show is that it's not just cheap name dropping or carelessly ripping off genre like so many other works, it is proper homage.

The visual artist deserved his cameo.

Hopefully there is less Star Wars next time.

hungrywing

Slightly off topic, when did Lucas decide Anakin and Vader were the one and the same?? I rewatched ANH and there's no indication in OWK's past stories that Lucas had decided that Anakin were not meant to be completely separate.
Of all the people you wouldn't have expected to ask something like this.

Had to roll my eyes at some of the expository let me attempt a SW Timeline stuff. Very clunky. Loved the designs again. The costumes, sets, colour and lighting were nice. The father son stuff was great. The simul-duels with the Western gunslingers outside and the Eastern warriors (partly a Western dramatic construct) go at it inside was neat. What I like about the show is that it's not just cheap name dropping or carelessly ripping off genre like so many other works, it is proper homage.

What do you personally define as 'Star Wars'.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax

Less star wars? Right okay.

Sylar

Yeah it's all linked. Mandalorian takes place 5 years after the Death of Vadar and Palpatine. The show is mostly taking from the Clone Wars and mostly Rebels.
The show takes place 5 years after RotJ.

While the show is independent of the previous shows, now some links are recurring. Ashoka was the protagonist of The Clone Wars TV show (she was the padawan of Anakin), Bo Katan played a part there, and Grand Admiral Thrawn (who was originally created for The Thrawn trilogy books) was the main antagonist in The Rebels TV show, and the Jedi which was mentioned was most likely, Ezra, the protagonist of Rebels TV show (technically he was trained from another Jedi padawan and maybe had a few lessons from Ashoka). The executive producer of this show also created the other two shows, so I expect the shows to get more linked to each other, though I expect Ashoka to only be here in a few episodes (would be surprised if Disney do not create her own show).
Thanks, I'll probably check out the two cartoons then esp if the same exec producer and the number of people talking about them

AaronRedDevil

Thanks, I'll probably check out the two cartoons then esp if the same exec producer and the number of people talking about them
Yes do. They are brilliant. both of them take some time to really kick off and when it does, it's very entertaining.

Tribec

They introduced the Clone Wars with a feature length film, which introduces the character so if you see that it's an interesting starting point. The first season jumps around a bit in terms of time and story, but from the second season on it carries on more or less in a linear time line.

Rebels spends much of it's first year introducing the characters and backgrounds, but none the less is very good. The second season on really picks up the action though.

I'll be honest, it took me a good few years before I sat down and watched the Clone Wars film and series, but I'm so glad that I did.

Revan

Assumptionman
The Clone Wars is much much better than The Rebels (who is very average except for Thrawn and the few episodes that Ahsoka happens, like the finale of the second season). Ahsoka is also a much better character than Ezra, and well, The Clone Wars have Anakin and Kenobi.

Saying that, there are many filler episodes from the Clone Wars which might be safely skipped. Just check some list without filler episodes.

Spoony

The People's President
George Lucas loved Akira Kurosawa; Dave Filoni knows Star Wars and George Lucas better than just about anyone else at Disney. Great work Filoni and Favreau. Right down to the suspended prisoners in both shots.

Yeah loved the homage to Kurosawa. The whole episode looked fantastic.

AaronRedDevil

For those who want to watch Clone wars and not watch every episode. Here’s a list.

but I would recommend watching most of S4. It’s very entertaining. Especially the Last 2 episodes. With Maul and Savage.

I can’t find one for Rebels but I’d say watch all of that since it’s shorter and Some episodes are paramonth to the Finale.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
God that last episode was such good shit... And it looked absolutely stunning.
The cinematography this season looks to be better than the first, which was already very good. It was interesting watching the behind the scenes stuff for season 1 & how they use a lot of LED screens to project images rather than using just green screen.

It bodes well for future Disney+ shows (Star Wars & MCU) as you’d think they’ll just get better visually & whilst they may not have the same scale as the movies, they’ll look as good as them.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
God damn and here was me thinking that would be a mission of the week episode after last week's. That was so good!

ha_rooney

That was so good!! Seeing Slave I & then Boba in the armour kicking ass was so cool! The last few weeks with Bo-Katan, Ahsoka & now Boba have really stolen the limelight from Mando.

Grogu tossing around the stormtroopers :lol:

I’m sure there’s a lot more Easter Eggs, but Boba saying “I’m just a simple man making his way through the galaxy” and “Like my father before me” was nice nods to the movies.

AaronRedDevil

Just watching the clone wars and Jar Jar shows up again and started to wonder what happened to him during the Betrayal. Then started wondering how hilarious it would be if he is the one that got Baby Yoda out :lol:. I’d gladly pick Binks over any character in the last trilogy.

ha_rooney

Just watching the clone wars and Jar Jar shows up again and started to wonder what happened to him during the Betrayal. Then started wondering how hilarious it would be if he is the one that got Baby Yoda out :lol:. I’d gladly pick Binks over any character in the last trilogy.
:lol: I think that would be the only way his character could ever be liked.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
God damn and here was me thinking that would be a mission of the week episode after last week's. That was so good!
Me too. I thought this was set up to be a slight break so they could string out the Jedi altar thing. Like they land and a local offers to show them the way but only if they help get rid of a giant cave bear or spider or something.

Straight back into the action though. Good run of episodes.

Sylar

I want more!!!!

Great episode, mando better collect all the people he's helped to now help him get Grogu (haha) back

Boba fett is a badass

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Another cracking episode.

Must have felt good giving Boba Fett something to do that's worthy of his fan worship in the universe. Favreau is nailing this.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"Grogu?"

Head tilt

"Hahaha"

The whole episode could've been Mando doing that and I would've been fine with it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bobba Fett and the Sniper Lady should've just left Mando's lonely sorry ass on that planet.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Another great episode, can't wait for next week's now.

Something I didn't see coming, this is my wife's favourite show (by far) that's currently on... She's watched 5 Star Wars films in her life (the five recent ones) and liked two of them (TFA and Rogue One)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Without sounding condescending , its a very easy show to like and get it involved in.
You don't need to think much while watching it. Ok, that part was condescending.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I hate these weekly episodes, first time Mando looks to be in real trouble.:drool:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I find it odd that for a warrior bounty hunter, a recurring theme is Mando getting into trouble and getting saved in nick of time.

All the way from Kuiil, Cara, IG-11, The Covert on Navarro, the X-Wing pilots, Bo-Katan and now Boba and Fennec.

I think they should make him a bit more powerful on his own.

Traub

I find it odd that for a warrior bounty hunter, a recurring theme is Mando getting into trouble and getting saved in nick of time.

All the way from Kuiil, Cara, IG-11, The Covert on Navarro, the X-Wing pilots, Bo-Katan and now Boba and Fennec.

I think they should make him a bit more powerful on his own.
He’s generally been godlike when on smaller known missions (e.g. the prison episode or even with the other mandalorians a couple episodes back) and he is on his own. It’s generally when Grogu is involved that he ends up in trouble. I think this shows how he and Grogu let emotions impact their actions when the other is in danger.