Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

acnumber9

Now that was a great episode. The best of the show to date as there were some consequences at the end and a real reason to want to watch the next right away. Shame we have to wait now.

hungrywing

They hurt grogu there be hell to pay.
Protip: putting a child or animal in peril is one of the 'cheapest' tricks used in writing to foster audience engagement.

Also, if they bring you back in a massive space battle, it'll be a big plus. None of that 'oh he's an admiral now' crap either. X-Wing pew pew pew.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Protip: putting a child or animal in peril is one of the 'cheapest' tricks used in writing to foster audience engagement.

Also, if they bring you back in a massive space battle, it'll be a big plus. None of that 'oh he's an admiral now' crap either. X-Wing pew pew pew.
I know I get its classic tv trick, but still its grogu.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I love this show. I don’t care about the issues some have with it. It’s just fun, and I am really pleased this is the way they went. If I had my way every episode would just be a one off story with small advances to the main storyline. I really hope it continues this way. It’s like what cartoons were when I was a kid.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Great episode. Guy playing Boba sounded kiwi.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also didn’t Boba Fett get eaten by a sandworm or am I confusing him with Jango? Though I have a random memory of Jango being killed in the rain somewhere by possibly Obi Wan? My SW knowledge is ok at best.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Also didn’t Boba Fett get eaten by a sandworm or am I confusing him with Jango? Though I have a random memory of Jango being killed in the rain somewhere by possibly Obi Wan? My SW knowledge is ok at best.
Yeah I'm hella confused. Swear bobba is dead. I'm guessing the burns are meant to show he didn't die

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Boba was swallowed by the sarlac pit in return of the jedi. A creature that takes thousands of years to digest its food. Jango was beheaded by Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson) in the arena in clone wars. A few episodes ago Mando got Bobas armour helping kill a Krayt Dragon that had killed, eaten a salarc and taking up abode in its pit. Which I'm guessing is the same one that swallowed Boba. From which he escaped.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
A few episodes ago Mando got Bobas armour helping kill a Krayt Dragon that had killed, eaten a salarc and taking up abode in its pit. Which I'm guessing is the same one that swallowed Boba. From which he escaped.
Oh, that's interesting.

hungrywing

Boba was swallowed by the sarlac pit in return of the jedi. A creature that takes thousands of years to digest its food. Jango was beheaded by Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson) in the arena in clone wars. A few episodes ago Mando got Bobas armour helping kill a Krayt Dragon that had killed, eaten a salarc and taking up abode in its pit. Which I'm guessing is the same one that swallowed Boba. From which he escaped.
Two things:

1. I've seen RoTJ probably a hundred times. And I've only just now realized, 'wouldn't you die around thirty/forty years into the thousand'? It seems like if the Sarlacc had a way to prolong your life/suffering that much, there'd be loads of scientists across the galaxy researching it on behalf of rich folk.
2. I would watch the heck out of a zoo/zoology show set in the SW universe. Like Troops but with zookeepers and scientists and administrators, etc.

Duafc

Village Lemon
nice.

Gambit

There was a comic though that did a Boba escaping from the sarlac pit a using his rocket pack. He was fecked though collapsed and came to after Jawas stole his armour, which with the way they've been mining every bit of star wars for the series is just as possible.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is, I also remember him being Aquaman's dad and being in the Spartacus prequel season.
I met him whilst walking about in Auckland totally randomly. He was dead on and welcomed me to NZ. This was about 15 years ago and he only recently played Jango Fett.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So I'm not the only one who words to the theme song right?

He's the man
He's the man
Mandoooo
He's the Maaaaandalorian

.... Right?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Is it just me or does this show feel like a video game?

Every episode is like "i can help you but to advance the story you must complete this mission"

I do bloody enjoy it though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Every episode is like "i can help you but to advance the story you must complete this mission"

Oh, for sure it's very formulaic, enjoyable though.

Gambit

Two things:

1. I've seen RoTJ probably a hundred times. And I've only just now realized, 'wouldn't you die around thirty/forty years into the thousand'? It seems like if the Sarlacc had a way to prolong your life/suffering that much, there'd be loads of scientists across the galaxy researching it on behalf of rich folk.
You'd die a lot sooner than that. Within 30 days, you don't need to be alive to be digested and as its a chemical issue or would be a case of it preserving your flesh for the duration.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

It's the best Star Wars RPG since KotoR

Hoof the ball

Really enjoyed that. After two pulsating episodes it feels right to have the penultimate episode slow things down for a moment and and breathe. A lot of incredible action, but Star Wars is about heart too; and the theme of sacrifice was really well done in this episode.

Sylar

Really enjoyed that. After two pulsating episodes it feels right to have the penultimate episode slow things down for a moment and and breathe. A lot of incredible action, but Star Wars is about heart too; and the theme of sacrifice was really well done in this episode.
Agree
Mayfield was a good character

I like the whole explanation of rules change when things get desperate leading to

mando revealing his face, again, this time extended

Also is this the first episode where grogu isn't shown? I'm assuming there was an ep in s1 but not sure

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good episode. Not as action packed as the last couple but they brought the focus back to Mando. Brown-eyes’ love for Grogu got him breaking the one rule he followed so intently.

I liked the reference to Operation Cinder & using that as motivation for Mayfeld’s actions. Thought his character was really important for Mando to understand how the rules are irrelevant when things get desperate (whether it be his helmet or being happy that Stormtroopers saved them).

ha_rooney

mando revealing his face, again, this time extended

Also is this the first episode where grogu isn't shown? I'm assuming there was an ep in s1 but not sure
Yep. He was revealed in the very first episode of the series then shown in each episode until now.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a beautiful episode - I expected a lull in action, but wow. Over the series, we've seen a very conscientious Mando slowly break his rules one by one for The Child - the Guild, the allegiances, befriending Jedi, giving up Mandalorian armor - you can see him change right in front of your eyes. And now, he's chosen to believe in getting Grogu back over his cornerstone belief in his religion. The futility of it all was so well reflected in Mayfield's dialogues. Kinda sad to see Bill Burr go - I thought he was great and that he'd join the crew.

Also how many times in Star Wars have you been relieved to see TIE fighters and stormtroopers? These angles were always there, I'm glad they're being explored.

Moff Gideon's own words being thrown back at him was so fecking badass. I am absolutely loving the second half to this season and can't wait for the finale.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
They had a good chunk of the episode with a vehicle-top explosive-laden fight, and another decent chunk with taking out an entire Empire base. I don't think they were in the mood to slow down. :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The face scanner thing is weird. So, it just needs a face? Not one on record? Any face can scan in?

Oldyella

The face scanner thing is weird. So, it just needs a face? Not one on record? Any face can scan in?
Assume they now have a record of his face requesting that information? Otherwise yeah seemed a bit pointless aside from getting his helmet off.

The drink scene was very well done too as the tension built.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't know if Bill Burr's just a really good actor but damn, he can really carry a scene, this was pretty much his episode. How good was that scene in the canteen as well? A masterclass in tension building. Boba's armour looks incredibly sleek.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Assume they now have a record of his face requesting that information? Otherwise yeah seemed a bit pointless aside from getting his helmet off.

The drink scene was very well done too as the tension built.
Didn't think of that, yeah that makes sense and with the gun fight as well, shouldn't take a genius to figure out who it was that requested the data. I don't know if the entire facility went up in the explosion, it just seemed like the trucks and part of the structure rather than the entire building, so I imagine the data will still be intact.

ha_rooney

I think it was explained that as long as the face scanned isn’t recognised against the New Republic/ISB register then it wouldn’t set off any alarms. Mando’s not taken his helmet off so he wouldn’t have been registered (until now).

Boba’s line “They might recognise my face” :lol:

Sanche7

Yup, it's like a game, a really good one though. Loads of side quests and levels, upgrading your armor, collecting weapons, upgrading /repairing your ship; it's your classic RPG