Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Clone Wars did this already, and better.
ya, i think they finished the whole story in 20 mins? felt tighter. the only thing that worked better here was the walker, it did look and feel menacing more than the animted tank.

Simbo

I don't get why they didn't just stole the AT-ST in the night though, I'm sure that it's not always manned
I don't get why he almost got knocked out from a bare fist punch to his Beskar Steel helmet. Best turn your brain off for this one, its enjoyable nonsense.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I felt the same. That was the worst episode for me so far. I'm hoping the 5th will be better but so far, overall I like the show quite a bit.
I think we'll get more like this now until the last episode, situation of the week as the pair basically use ideas from the littlest hobo or the incredible hulk for its situation fillers until it gets back onto a main story arc.

bucky

Loving the score. Hopefully Goransson gets to score one of the next movies.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Began to watch this last night, watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it, the young "Yoda" , perhaps he is a reincarnation of the original Yoda? :cool:

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Began to watch this last night, watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it, the young "Yoda" , perhaps he is a reincarnation of the original Yoda? :cool:
Nah, there are no reincarnation in Star Wars, and baby Yoda is 50 years old, while Yoda died just 5 or so years before the events of the show.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Baby Yoda is the cutest thing ever...Why the feck hasn't Disney got a little teddy out of him yet, they'd make millions for Christmas! I...My little boy would love one.

When he keeps pushing the buttons in the spaceship! :lol: Little bollix

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I kept waiting for the soundtrack of the A-team to start playing in that last episode.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I kept waiting for the soundtrack of the A-team to start playing in that last episode.
It was a blatant Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven homage/rip off. Quite fitting given the Sci Fi Western aesthetic but I'd probably agree it was the weakest episode so far.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It was a blatant Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven homage/rip off. Quite fitting given the Sci Fi Western aesthetic but I'd probably agree it was the weakest episode so far.
Ah right, I suppose it's also a bit of that. Speaking of which, 13 assassins was fecking amazing.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Probably the worst episode till date. Plot was a rip off from Seven Samurai type movies and does nothing to further the story or develop the characters. Baby Yoda walking is the highlight.

Meh episode. Hope they don't forsake content for visuals and keep these kind of episodes to a minimum.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's what Star Wars originally is. A New Hope was heavily influenced by early Japanese cinema.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
So silly and fun. Goofy visual gags and muppetronics - yes. I hope they retain this serial adventure style and don't go trying to broaden it out into anything approaching a Star Wars. It's winning as a light, wholesome adventure so no need to pander to the dipshit nerds, anyway they've had enough dour crap over the years to sate themselves on. The homage is so broad and exact I don't think rip off is right, the whole thing is genre tribute.

kps88

4 eps in and I'm still not sure what to make of this. The plot almost feels like a procedural that could have been made 20 years ago.

Red Star One

Newest episode is a bit shit. Felt really tacky and childish compared to the previous ones.
Also thought it was a bit naïve and not as good as previous, still not bad though and there was a scene that made me truly laugh out loud
Mando's "Nope." to bounty hunter's realization he doesn't have any beskar that would protect him

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Weakest episode yet but still a good watch. Quite a few Easter eggs to look out for again.

evil_geko

I loved the new episode, it really does get better with each one, keep it going!

Lots of people talking about where does the plot lead and all that, it doesn't have to lead anywhere, I am loving these just as they are, every episode as it's own thing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I loved the new episode, it really does get better with each one, keep it going!

Lots of people talking about where does the plot lead and all that, it doesn't have to lead anywhere, I am loving these just as they are, every episode as it's own thing.
I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is because people seem addicted to cliffhangers and "Oh shit!" moments in TV these days.

Adventure of the week stuff like Mandalorian usually doesn't grab people's imaginations like this has.

Pscholes18

I like this show but it needs to be longer but more and more the writing and acting is becoming seriously questionable.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Seen a bunch of videos on YouTube saying that the little cameo we saw at the end could be a big revelation.