Television The Mandalorian - TV Show

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
episode 3 is the best one so far.

Traub

This series has me hooked. I have no idea how it’s the same studio producing this and the abomination of the latest trilogy.

Maybe because it’s actually Marvel running this show?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This series has me hooked. I have no idea how it’s the same studio producing this and the abomination of the latest trilogy.
The main theme is actually similar. Create a googly-eyed character to earn billions on toys production.

He's so fecking cute though.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I really enjoy it so far. I got worried on ep. 2 because it seemed like they took a full episode for something that could have been done in 10m, without much plot advancement or character development but that third episode erased those doubts.

Sure, baby yoda is mainly a ploy the sell a lot of merchandise, but there could be something really plot-driven by its appearance as well, like some saying it will tie in to the revival of Palpatine in ep IX.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's Lone Wolf and Cub in space with muppets and monsters: the actual good bits from Star Wars. It has none of that drab portentous shit that drags the films down. I'm loving the irreverent style and snappy episode length.

A sparse and tight, flippant serial of old. A fantastic piece of genre pulp (albeit after 2 episodes). Who'd have thunk it DIsney/Star Wars.

I just hope it doesn't become your Star Wars.

Hoof the ball

Little surprise that this show is good, considering that Dave Filoni is executive producer on it. Yes, the same guy show-running for the Clone Wars series.
If this is a test run for Filoni and Favreau then I'd be interested if they were selected to make a future Star Wars trilogy.

Traub

The main theme is actually similar. Create a googly-eyed character to earn billions on toys production.

He's so fecking cute though.

Honestly when he got out the floating pram in episode 2 to try heal him. Twice. Too cute :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Is was a good episode. You could see its budget in the final battle, though. All that fighting taking place in one street.

OohAahMartial

Knew he couldn't abandon the cute little thing. Didn't foresee the Mandalorians coming and raining all manner of hellfire down upon them, I agree with him, gotta get me one of them. Like what we are learning about the Way, even if it sounds a bit like "It is known." Where the hell is he going to go now though, and what he's going to do? He will have a massive bounty on his head and will be hunted wherever he goes.

John_Jensen

A lot better than the train wreck that is the Sequel triliogy but not as good as i'd hoped. Top heavy with the Memberberries.

Also way too Marvel-y, it's basically a superhero origin story, the flying salute and quip at the end was pure cringe.

Skåre Willoch

I like it. I do.

But every obstacle seems to be solved to easily. No real suspense, no proper build up. Like the whistling birds (or whatever the weapons on his wrist were called). He gets them, and they seemed like a big deal, maybe for an end game later on in the series or something, but he literally use them five minutes later.

Sanche7

A lot better than the train wreck that is the Sequel triliogy but not as good as i'd hoped. Top heavy with the Memberberries.

Also way too Marvel-y, it's basically a superhero origin story, the flying salute and quip at the end was pure cringe.
Apparently it's a nod to Iron Man.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Loving it so far. So much better than the crap they have been coming up with in the new movies (bar Rogue One).

Feels like a space western so far.

Revan

Assumptionman
Little surprise that this show is good, considering that Dave Filoni is executive producer on it. Yes, the same guy show-running for the Clone Wars series.
If this is a test run for Filoni and Favreau then I'd be interested if they were selected to make a future Star Wars trilogy.
A great show.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I like it. I do.

But every obstacle seems to be solved to easily. No real suspense, no proper build up. Like the whistling birds (or whatever the weapons on his wrist were called). He gets them, and they seemed like a big deal, maybe for an end game later on in the series or something, but he literally use them five minutes later.
Yeah but when he was surrounded by all those troopers and you were, like, "whistling birds!" and then he used them. Awesome.

Mindhunter

It's beautiful. Finally a proper science fiction series without the unnecessary preaching about science, gravity, and the theory of everything.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watched the first 3 and enjoyed it a lot.

The budget must be insane.

Also Pedro Paacal has basically the easiest acting gig of his life here.

Traub

New episode is great. I’m so much more invested in the two main characters here (one doesn’t speak and the other only has a voice) than any in the new trilogy. Hopefully these guys get the next trilogy.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I adore the little green bastard. I also adore Gina Carano but that's different.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good episode again. Baby Yoda is awesome.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Enjoyed it again.

Since it's apparently a rule to comment on the ST while giving your opinion of this. I'll join in by saying I enjoy the new trilogy. And I liked Fallen Order. Best era of SW content for a very long time.

Red Star One

Another great episode, so many fantastic scenes. I'm getting KotOR feelings all the time. Such a well made show

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seven Samurai :lol:

I don't get why they didn't just stole the AT-ST in the night though, I'm sure that it's not always manned

Ekeke

Wasnt sure of the first couple of episodes, but these past 2 have got me. Enjoying this and looking forward to where it goes

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Thought that episode was a bit meh myself. A real drop in quality. Felt like an episode of Battlestar Galactica from the 70's where Apollo helped a backwards planet against the Cylons.

BlueHaze

Thought that episode was a bit meh myself. A real drop in quality. Felt like an episode of Battlestar Galactica from the 70's where Apollo helped a backwards planet against the Cylons.
I felt the same. That was the worst episode for me so far. I'm hoping the 5th will be better but so far, overall I like the show quite a bit.