The Masters 2011

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surprised there's been no thread started yet, even though I've lost touch with the game somewhat I still relish a few events and this is right up there.

Anyone got any predictions? I fancy Mickelson again, his short game is phenomenal and he's good around here. Who can forget this:

alastair

ignorant
That shot was a cracker. I tried to pull one off like that myself once but managed to sever ligaments in my wrist :lol:

Going with Mickelson to win it too - top man and golfer and fellow leftie.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You're a left hooker, Al? I knew there was something not right about you! How the feck did you manage to sever your ligaments?!

I'll probably end up at the driving range a few nights next week, watching a tournament always gets me in the mood to shell a few.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mickelson looked good last week & he seems to be the experts favorite. I'd like to see Kaymer win it but my pick is Bubba Watson.

Alex

Love the Masters, it's something you have to go to, I would love to go to the British Open at St Andrews as well, two top places in the game.

forevrared

I like Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, and Tiger this week. Bubba and Dustin because their games fit Augusta well and Tiger because I'd never bet against Tiger at Augusta National.

Matt Kuchar and YE Yang my darkhorses. Wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Donald do well either.

Seen where Mickelson has gone with 2 drivers again this year, specifically to carry the bunkers on 1, 8 and 12. The second one's an inch longer to give him a bit more length. Sacrifices his 3-iron I believe to carry the extra driver.

Also anyone betting, one of the big sites have done a deal where any money from lost bets on Ryo Ishikawa will go to Japan earthquake relief. If you haven't heard yet, Ryo's pledged every dollar he earns this year plus an additional $1200 US for each birdie he makes to the relief fund for Japan. Absolute class from such a young guy - he's aiming for around $2.5 million.

alastair

ignorant
You're a left hooker, Al? I knew there was something not right about you! How the feck did you manage to sever your ligaments?!

I'll probably end up at the driving range a few nights next week, watching a tournament always gets me in the mood to shell a few.
Left handed golfers are always the best. Most courses set up to be most difficult for right handers, because that's the majority of players, so us lefties get a chance to shine in easier conditions. And yeh, get down to the range. No better way of showing off in front of people worse than you!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When I first started playing a had a killer slice, it used to be of huge detriment at my course because all the trouble was on the right. I spent a lot of time and effort honing my swing until eventually my standard shot was a slight draw and I could work it right to left relatively at will. That was incredibly satisfying I have to say.

I miss golf :(

alastair

ignorant
Ross Fisher has started very nicely indeed. I think he was something ridiculous like 150/1 at the start of the week.

Really looking for McIlroy to do well today - then I can say I've beaten a Masters winner!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I liked the story about McDowell sacking off the Par 3 event to watch United :)

forevrared

Video feed for Amen Corner has just gone live on Masters.com as the first group of the day has made it there.

Ross Fisher's already made 5 birdies (and 2 bogeys). Retief Goosen holed out for eagle on #1, the first time since 1987 someone's done that.

Scratch that, another birdie from Fisher on 11 puts him at -4. What a putt!

Decotron

Backed 4 against the field. Dying to get home and watch this....

D Johnston @28/1
A Kim @40/1
and for interest (as powers are paying the top 6)
Louis Oosterhosen(?) @125/1
J. Byrd @140/1

Thought Kim's game looked very well last week. Johnson is an obvious e/w bet considering his par 5 record there (local knowledge aswell)

Member 39557

It's been so long since a european has won, that I bet on 3 Europeans. I also went for Oosthuizen, but I only got 100/1 :mad:

I went for Westwood because he's due a major, Rose, because he's had some great rounds at Augusta and he might manage 3 in a row? and finally Mcdowel.

I reckon I've probably wasted my money, but the next few days might be a bit more interesting for me.

forevrared

The official site, Masters.com, has live feeds from Amen Corner as well as holes 15 & 16 right now.

ha_rooney

I thought Sky were meant to be showing this live?

forevrared

Live TV coverage typically doesn't start until later in the day. I think today it's 3pm EST, which would make it 8pm in England.

ha_rooney

McIlroy in the lead.

Ryo Ishikawa has started well - wish him the best of luck this year.

ha_rooney

Great round from McIlroy - it'll be hard for anyone to match that effort on day 1.

forevrared

What a round by McIlroy. Fowler finished great as well with 4 birdies in his final 5 to shoot -2 when he was over par most of the day.

My dark-horse Matt Kuchar in 2nd at -5! Has a shot at getting to 65 with Rory.

forevrared

Jinxed him, bogeyed the next hole to drop into a tie for 2nd at -4 with my other dark-horse, YE Yang.

ha_rooney

Awful end for Goosen, 3 bogeys to end his round.

ha_rooney

Kaymer really struggled ending on +6.

K Stand Knut

I really want McIlory to win this. Really like the lad, his game, the way he plays and his attitude towards playing. Seems like a level-headed kind of guy and I love seeing youngsters who are extremely good at sport.

Doubt he'll maintain the pace though and will probably only finish in the top 10 as with all promising UK talents.

Would also love to see Woods win it as he is the best thing I have ever seen play golf.

My prediction is Kaymer though!

K Stand Knut

I really want McIlory to win this. Really like the lad, his game, the way he plays and his attitude towards playing. Seems like a level-headed kind of guy and I love seeing youngsters who are extremely good at sport.

Doubt he'll maintain the pace though and will probably only finish in the top 10 as with all promising UK talents.

Would also love to see Woods win it as he is the best thing I have ever seen play golf.

My prediction is Kaymer though!
Really should have checked the standings before I submitted this post.

Never mind, imagine how fecking cool I'll look when he wins on Sunday

forevrared

If he shoots 59 tomorrow while no one else breaks par, he'll be at least tied for the lead.

ha_rooney

Quiros with a great shot on the 18th to end with a birdie and join McIlroy on -7.

The greens are really fast, good first day of golf.