The Mata-Kagawa Linkup today..

Mad Winger

@pocco

With a proper lefback, a proper CM, and a proper coach, Kagawa and Mata floating around is hardly an issue, but rather a strength. They both thrive in attacking, pressing, and mobile football, preferably surrounded by technical players. There's nothing that suggests that they wont be top class under such a setting.

In Dortmund's double winning side, Kagawa had Götze to his right. Götze's not particularly pacy, nor is he a typical dribbler. But it worked really well. They same could be said about Silva for City.

I just struggle to see how Kagawa(or Mata) is the problem in this team. Do you think we'd have won today with Welbeck/Januzaj/Young on the left? Do you think we would have played better?

Tibs

Kagawa, Mata, and even Nani were fine today.

The issue was, in my opinion, they had no one in front making any kind of runs, or anyone to aim at, because the 300k/week scousers roams where he wants, and that cost us today.

RedStarUnited

Kagawa, Mata, and even Nani were fine today.

The issue was, in my opinion, they had no one in front making any kind of runs, or anyone to aim at, because the 300k/week scousers roams where he wants, and that cost us today.
Thank you, whatever we were doing when the game started today is how id like us to play going forward. It was great to see. It was very annoying to hear about the usual bullshit about pace and power from the commentators and TV people.

Kakeru

Kagawa getting fairly slated on MOTD 2 right now, some lazy running from him today.
And Rooney will get away with nothing from MOTD of course. If Kagawa's running was lazy (on which I can agree for today), then I hope someone will say something about Rooney as well.

r0x0rwolfo

And Rooney will get away with nothing from MOTD of course. If Kagawa's running was lazy (on which I can agree for today), then I hope someone will say something about Rooney as well.
Rooney is getting a fair slating in his own thread!

He's had some really bad games recently, but alas, we should be trying to work out our system for next year. Lets give Mata-Kagawa another few goes, if it doesn't work, back to the drawing board.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Mata - Kagawa - Valencia/Nani

With Welbeck/Hernandez upfront making runs. This is the Nistelrooy situation all over again, we're getting fecking shafted because of one player upfront who're we're force fitting into the team to make it work, when playing a supposedly lousier player would result in a much better performance from us.

r0x0rwolfo

Mata - Kagawa - Valencia/Nani

With Welbeck/Hernandez upfront making runs. This is the Nistelrooy situation all over again, we're getting fecking shafted because of one player upfront who're we're force fitting into the team to make it work, when playing a supposedly lousier player would result in a much better performance from us.
Weird analogy. As you're looking at Hernandez with poaching qualities... like Van Nistlerooy...

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
One thing about Kagawa is that he just lacks urgency half the time. So often he looks happy and content with just cutely popping and dinking the ball sideways and backwards - even when we're a goal down.

Mata is so much more aggressive with the ball at his foot.

bugmat

Nani was woeful bar maybe one thru ball - he looks as if he's already in Milan and/or Brasil and was just making sure he didn't re-injure himself. Worse than Kagawa who did have an average game. Still Rooney was by far the worst.

I think they have given up on the manager anyway (apart from his adopted son) and so I don't expect much inspired play from them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Both Kagawa and Mata need players with pace moving around them, giving options and creating space.

Zak Smith

Even iain dowie fecking gets it.

As the Moyes new has broke he's been in the SSN studio, saying why would you play Kagawa on the wing when you know Everton's strengths are from their fullbacks. Some peoples kagawa wank fest blurs their vision of simple football.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Weird analogy. As you're looking at Hernandez with poaching qualities... like Van Nistlerooy...
Van Nistelrooy would be perfect in this team. What we need now is a striker who make runs and get himself available inside the box, Rooney fancies himself too much as a creative player and he's often too deep when Mata/Kagawa gets the ball which results in us pushing the ball around without actually doing anything.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Is Kagawa injured? If not why was he not even on the bench? It is so good when he and Mata are together on pitch. At least we don't play same old dross football when both are in side and there is hope of some creativity and imagination. Funny because Giggs mentioned about creativity and imagination in his first press conference yet he starts games with likes of Young, Cleverley etc

Sam

Is Kagawa injured? If not why was he not even on the bench? It is so good when he and Mata are together on pitch. At least we don't play same old dross football when both are in side and there is hope of some creativity and imagination. Funny because Giggs mentioned about creativity and imagination in his first press conference yet he starts games with likes of Young, Cleverley etc
Kagawa AND Mata? No, I'm sorry, thats far to much movement and creativity for a Manchester United team. Thank god we've put an end to this nonsense.