The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Dolidze with the violence :drool:

First he destroyed one of Hawes's knee ligaments and then brutally knocked him out. Should have stopped fighting as soon as he got injured.

George Owen

Was shaping up to be a good fight, shame it ended that way but some credit to Allen for a good first round and making Kattar miss big with that knee.
Yeah, all the credit to him. Allen was the dominant fighter from start to finish. His straight left was gold. He was hurting Kattar big time and for sure that made Katter panick a bit. Kattar, a warrior, hopefully heals up soon.

Max Holloway next for Allen?

Womp

idiot
Any resident Aussies who have been to past events know when/how the tickets become available? This will be my first event and the RAC arena website is very vague with it's info regarding the ticket sales.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah, all the credit to him. Allen was the dominant fighter from start to finish. His straight left was gold. He was hurting Kattar big time and for sure that made Katter panick a bit. Kattar, a warrior, hopefully heals up soon.

Hope so, be great for him to get a really big fight. Be a good one as well.

But never mind all that boring shit….everything pales in comparison….to the fact we get to see Wonderboy fight this time next month :drool:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Maybe, I feel like Yair or Emmett makes a bit more sense. What do you do if Max beats him? Can't do a 4th Volk fight.

Allen vs Yair/Emmett establishes a true #1 contender.

George Owen

Maybe, I feel like Yair or Emmett makes a bit more sense. What do you do if Max beats him? Can't do a 4th Volk fight.

Allen vs Yair/Emmett establishes a true #1 contender.
Yeah but there was talk of Yair vs Emmett for the interim belt. That would leave only Holloway for Allen for the next title shot. Would be a massive fight to have in the UK. Hard fight but you gotta beat the best to be the best. If Max wins, would be hard to deny him another shot, just like Figgy vs Moreno that are going for the 4th fight.

Hope so, be great for him to get a really big fight. Be a good one as well.

But never mind all that boring shit….everything pales in comparison….to the fact we get to see Wonderboy fight this time next month :drool:
Tracy Cortez vs Amanda Ribas as well. :drool:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Tell that to Yair
Emmett then, if Yair is content to sit around and wait for a shot that he hasn't earned. :D

Yeah but there was talk of Yair vs Emmett for the interim belt. That would leave only Holloway for Allen for the next title shot. Would be a massive fight to have in the UK. Hard fight but you gotta beat the best to be the best. If Max wins, would be hard to deny him another shot, just like Figgy vs Moreno that are going for the 4th fight.

Tracy Cortez vs Amanda Ribas as well. :drool:
Figgy and Moreno are 1-1-1, and those fights are consistently close and competitive.

Volk is (officially) 3-0 against Max, and put on a masterclass and didn't drop a round last time out. Hard to sell a 4th...

Pirlo'sBeard

Paul Hughes will be on his way to the UFC now.

Incredible performance against Jordan Vucenic. One of the best MMA fights I've seen this year.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Huge card coming up and absolutely no discussion about it here? What has happened to this thread? Used to be full of pre-fight discussion! Especially for an event like the one coming up!

JP77

Huge card coming up and absolutely no discussion about it here? What has happened to this thread? Used to be full of pre-fight discussion! Especially for an event like the one coming up!
Only just realised it's this weekend!

Hoping Chandler beats Poirier, barring any crazy injuries I see this being absolute fireworks, can't wait.

Zhang over Esparza all day, would be very surprised to see it go the other way. Esparza has done well to get back to the championship but got it after a ridiculous performance from Rose, probably wouldn't happen in a rematch and I think Zhang will control most of this fight and win comfortably.

I think Israel dominates Pereira too, very surprised a lot of people see it differently just because he beats Israel in a kickboxing match five years ago. I'd love to see Israel get finished here but I just can't see it, I think he comes in and wins quite comfortably tbh.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I didn't realise it's even on this weekend. Had this had much promotion?

Chandler v Poirier will be guaranteed banger. Can go either way. Think The Diamond will get it done though.

Hoping for Adesanya to get demolished but he will cruise another boring win.

Weili gonna retire Esparza.

Gordon S

Another Adesanya fight and i`m pissed off about it even before it started. One of the most talented fighters in the history of the ufc and not sure i`ve seen one entertaining round from him. Would celebrate him going to sleep like a late winner against Liverpool.
Chandler vs Poirier will be something else tough. Think Poirier is the better fighter, but Chandler will make it interesting all the way.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Well I was just about to bitch that it’s a bloody 5am job and I’ve got Sunday league….then realised there’s no game this weekend :drool: Guaranteed, I’m up at 6am Saturday for the womens rugbyWorld Cup final, but feck it, I can sleep in the day

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Another Adesanya fight and i`m pissed off about it even before it started. One of the most talented fighters in the history of the ufc and not sure i`ve seen one entertaining round from him. Would celebrate him going to sleep like a late winner against Liverpool.
Chandler vs Poirier will be something else tough. Think Poirier is the better fighter, but Chandler will make it interesting all the way.
That’s the appeal….it’s the thought that Izzy might get fecked up. No way I’d be tuning in to see him limp to another decision

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ooo just realized Dominick Reyes is on the prelims... Crazy how he nearly beat Jones and now warming up the crowd...

Also my main girl Karolina Kawklfkocz on the EARLY prelims... She once nearly beat Joanna!

Gordon S

:lol:

This should be allowed in the Adesanya fight to make it interesting, skateboards, chairs, baseball bats, real bats, chainsaws, lunchboxes..
And they can use all of it as they like in the fight as well.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
He has been boring but effective throughout his career. watching him sometimes I feel sleepy.

Chandler vs Dustin could go either way. I don't feel the same as Olivera vs Dustin( which I think Olivera would've won easily).

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Hyped for this, Poirier v Chandler and the main event should both be entertaining. I can see Edgar going out in a storm too.