The MMA thread

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Looks terrible, but then again so did McGregor at 45.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Khabib will probably weigh at 160 come tomorrow.

Nucks

RT History Department
Are you redefining terms here?

Khabib has no chance standing; Conor has no chance if it goes to the floor.

That's not a punchers chance!
A punchers chance is when a guy has a chance to win via 1 punch.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about in the slightest if you don't understand how Conor has a punchers chance.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about in the slightest if you don't understand how Conor has a punchers chance.
Most people would use 'punchers chance' to describe someone who has a very small chance of winning but could nick it with one punch despite being outclassed.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

That's not what a punchers chance means. So your incorrect definition led me to the statement I made.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Glad both made weight. Now for the production team to make sure every fecking loose cable is firmly taped to the floor :nervous:

cyberman

Trouble is his opponents are extremely gassed and demoralized in later rounds to where they no longer have the stamina to use their striking after Khabib has spent the entire round probably punching them on the face from half guard.
They also didn't have the striking to keep him at bay though. What will Khabib do when he can't spam takedowns or react to not being able to use the cage to aide his takedowns?
Its not as if the later rounds mean that much as its made out. If Conor wins the first 3 then Khabib needs a finish. A prime Conor could be out of sight before Khabib starts the grind.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They also didn't have the striking to keep him at bay though. What will Khabib do when he can't spam takedowns or react to not being able to use the cage to aide his takedowns?
Its not as if the later rounds mean that much as its made out. If Conor wins the first 3 then Khabib needs a finish. A prime Conor could be out of sight before Khabib starts the grind.
I don't see Conor winning the first three. Khabib has never lost a single round and if Conor manages to come out strong and win the first (assuming he doesn't KO Khabib then), its not likely Conor will have the endurance to maintain the pace he needs to be dominant over multiple rounds. Once Khabib takes him down, it will be very difficult to get back up for that round. So to win Conor will have to go for an early KO - otherwise he will have a long night.

Last edited:

cyberman

I don't see Conor winning the first three. Khabib has never lost a single round and if he if Conor manages to come out strong and win the first (assuming he doesn't KO Khabib then), its not likely Conor will have the endurance to maintain the pace he needs to be dominant over multiple rounds. Once Khabib takes him down, it will be very difficult to get back up for that round. So to win Conor will have to go for an early KO - otherwise he will have a long night.
Fair enough but I think people are going to be shocked with the ease of how Conor wins tomorrow.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I would have thought higher than that, they're normally very dehydrated at weigh in
Definitely. Weight goes up by 5 pounds the instant they rehydrate following the weigh in. By the time they do that several times along with a few full meals they should gain about 15 pounds or so.

Charlie Foley

McGregor also tore his ACL before that Mendes fight, worth remembering.

Diaz 1, he was fighting at 24 pounds heavier than before, at short notice too weight wise.

That said, I do think he gets fatigued-that's the pay off to the fast twitch explosive power. Just I'm not sure those two fights are the purest test cases. Diaz 2 is a better example (he's stopped too many people for us to have many don't forget!) and while he got tired at stages in that, Diaz is a zombie, much bigger, and has exceptional cardio. And McGregor rallied at later points in that fight.

All that said, Khabib is absolutely no joke. I think Eddie Bravo made a very interesting point that no one really tries to fight Khabib from the ground/they try and get back up which isn't gonna happen. Now I don't expect Conor to have the jiu jitsu for that, but Bravo has praised it. Granted Eddie Bravo is mental.

Charlie Foley

Definitely. Weight goes up by 5 pounds the instant they rehydrate following the weigh in. By the time they do that several times along with a few full meals they should gain about 15 pounds or so.
That's what I was thinking yeah.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Got it. BT sport on YouTube streaming it.