The MMA thread

kidbob

Is the main event being 3 rounds the UFC showing favouritism to Zabit? The guy barely has 3 round cardio and it seems a bit strange to go against the usual 5 round main event. Unless I've missed something?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is the main event being 3 rounds the UFC showing favouritism to Zabit? The guy barely has 3 round cardio and it seems a bit strange to go against the usual 5 round main event. Unless I've missed something?
Because the main event was supposed to be JDS v Volkov. The last minute switch meant the Zabit fight is 3 rounds.

Andersons Dietician

Big fan of Masvidal I see... :rolleyes:

The guy has 35 pro wins, he's been finished only 3 times in 48 fights, one of which was a bullshit early stoppage, he's been on the end of some of the worst split decision losses in the history of the sport. He could easily have over 40 wins and just 6-7 losses if it weren't for horrible judging. Put some respect on the guys name, he's had a hell of a career, and he'd offer Khabib problems.
‘Are we really going to include victories from some hole in the wall promotions:lol: would pretty much ignore everything before his time in Strikeforce. If you read the post I was alluding to how 2 recent victories have launched him “main stream” I even mentioned he had a bit of a cult following but he was never someone who was top billing.

his last 2 fights that were both kinda meh rocketed him to stardom. That was my point.

I don’t even like Kahbib but I reckon Kahbib would control him and just beat him up for 25 minutes or as long as Masvidal could take the pounding. There is nothing in his game all that impressive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Clear win for Volkov

For Hardy, the good news is he looked like he belonged in the cage with Volkov though. Which is impressive in its own way

binary bot
Why did the US put that guy in the main event on the five dollar bill?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looking for a bit more from Zabit no? Seems well-rounded but nothing spectacular, and surely nothing to trouble Holloway.

No Love

Max would melt Zabit. 2 1/2 rounds isn’t going to cut it against Holloway. Would strongly back Max to smash him up and finish him in the Championship Rounds.

Oggmonster

Max would melt Zabit. 2 1/2 rounds isn’t going to cut it against Holloway. Would strongly back Max to smash him up and finish him in the Championship Rounds.
Agreed he needs at least 1 5 round fight before that. Wouldn't be worst idea to rematch Kattar

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Would back Kattar heavily in 5 round rematch, particularly if it was in America.

Would need to make that a 3 rounder, wouldn’t be pretty watching those two go 5 rounds.
Yair has fought 5 rounders few times already with no problem. Plus he earn bonuses almost every fight, always good fun and never a dull moment. Why would you wouldn't want to see him for 5 rounds?

Yair vs Zabit is definitely the fight to make next.

Kattar can fight the winner of Zombie vs Ortega, or rematch Moicano.

No Love

Yair has fought 5 rounders few times already with no problem. Plus he earn bonuses almost every fight, always good fun and never a dull moment. Why would you wouldn't want to see him for 5 rounds?

Yair vs Zabit is definitely the fight to make next.

Kattar can fight the winner of Zombie vs Ortega, or rematch Moicano.
Blew his load in the Stephens fight and would likely have lost it if it was a 5 rounder, as initially scheduled.

If reports are believed, Yair did not and has never wanted that fight. I actually give him a good shot in that one. With that said, it’s relatively inconsequential in terms of title implications anyway, as Max would likely mop both of them up without too much of a worry.

Don’t mind the suggestion that Kattar should fight one of those guys. Stands a good chance against both, too. Both are very hittable and Calvin would oblige them.

Luke1995

What makes you think Masvidal's takedown defense is good enough to do that ? Khabib would simply grab ahold of his leg and not let go until he fell to the ground.
I think Masvidal is beggining to fulfill his potential and will only improve next year, so my guess is, when the Khabib matchup were to happen, he would peak.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Blew his load in the Stephens fight and would likely have lost it if it was a 5 rounder, as initially scheduled.

If reports are believed, Yair did not and has never wanted that fight. I actually give him a good shot in that one. With that said, it’s relatively inconsequential in terms of title implications anyway, as Max would likely mop both of them up without too much of a worry.

Don’t mind the suggestion that Kattar should fight one of those guys. Stands a good chance against both, too. Both are very hittable and Calvin would oblige them.
Yair blowing his arms up trying to finish the fight in the second round was probably a one off. Cardio has never been an issue for him.

It's true he didn't want to fight Zabit originally, but it was because it didn't make sense at the time. Fighting a prospect newcomer when you are ranked is bollocks, and it's the norm to reject those. That was just Dana doing Ali Abdelaziz a favour by making his fighter jump the queue.

But now it makes sense. Somehow Zabit is ranked #5 (without never beaten a top 10 opponent **edit. defeated Stephens when he was ranked 5**) above Yair #6.

Assuming Max can get past VOlkanovski (wouldn't be so sure), I think Yair is a tougher fight for him than Zabit, but Max would be favourite for sure.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Uh oh Nick Diaz has been triggered. If it’s a choice between Edwards, Title shot or Nick Diaz then there is only 1 choice there and it’s Masvidal vs Nick Diaz. Money, money, money!!!

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Weird end to the 2nd round now. Anyone watching?

Oh, just noticed it was Bellator, thought it was UFC first.
Guy was literally out cold when the bell rang at the end, other guy thought he won, but was just a break.