The MMA thread

justboy68

Man. You have to really feel for Harris at the moment after all he's been through.

Good comeback from Overeem it has to be said. Ref did well to let the fight continue in the first round.

predator

Youth NITK
Hopefully, what Dana has just accomplished will get the sport back on its feet, with or without fans.
I was never his biggest fan but he has delivered 3 monstrously entertaining events during this lockdown and I can't thank him enough.

Surely, without fans, boxing, snooker, tennis, golf etc can follow suit?

RedFish

I'm worried for my homey, Chito. That Song Yadong is a killer.

I hope Chito can pull it off. Should be a banger of a fight anyway.

edit. Chito got fecking robbed.
Yep, Chito unlucky with the judges definitely. Had it 1-1 going into the third, and Vera easily taking the 3rd. Understand his disappointment.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Some proper dodgy judging on that card.

That kickboxing guy that beat Rivera really stuck his tongue up Dana's asshole. Was sickening.

Sad for Harris but The Reem is my guy!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
UFC champ Nurmagomedov says father critical with Covid-19, others in family have died
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...omedov-covid-19-coronavirus-father-abdulmanap

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov says his father is in critical condition after being infected by Covid-19, and he has lost several relatives to the virus.
Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov has played a large part in his son’s wildly successful mixed martial arts career, and encouraged his son to wrestle from when he was young. Khabib is undefeated in all 28 of his professional fights.
“There is a lot written on the internet about my father. My father, right now, is in a hospital. He is in critical condition as a result of this virus. It impacted his heart because last year he had a surgery there, and right now, they did another surgery. He is in a very difficult situation, very difficult. We are asking Allah that he returns him to us,” said Nurmagomedov during an Instagram live chat on Monday.
The Dagestan fighter went on to say that other members of his family had been affected by the virus.
“In my personal case, I’ve had more than 20 people sick from my family,” Nurmagomedov said. “More than 20 people were lying in the ICUs. And many of them are no longer among us. Many acquaintances have died, many parents of my relatives. Everybody is having a hard time dealing with it.”
Differing reports had circulated before Nurmagomedov’s statement on Monday. Some said Abdulmanap had been placed in a medically induced coma, while others said he had had a heart attack or stroke.
Nurmagomedov, who is Muslim, encouraged those observing Ramadan to practice social distancing. “Our learned Islamic scholars are telling us, ‘Stay home, and do the holiday prayer,’” Nurmagomedov said. “Don’t have guests. Don’t go yourselves as guests. It is a very difficult situation.”
UFC president Dana White, who has expressed concern for Abdulmanap’s health, has not scheduled Nurmagomedov for any upcoming fights, although he has said he hopes the champion can fight Justin Gaethje in September.

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Jones backtracking on Twitter about the Ngannou fight.

Ran away from that one like it was a pregnant woman.
It was obvious it was just a farse. Just like when he was calling out Stipe last year.

Probably a stunt so people don't complain much when the unispirational match Blachowicz Vs Jones gets announced.

Fener1907

It was obvious it was just a farse. Just like when he was calling out Stipe last year.

Probably a stunt so people don't complain much when the unispirational match Blachowicz Vs Jones gets announced.
Biding his time until Adesanya is ready to move up. He'll avoid the heavyweights like they're a full-blown pandemic but there's potential in somebody moving up to fight him. That's assuming he doesn't rematch Reyes in the meantime and get beaten again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The UFC should just pay Jones what he wants. It would be a mega fight after all. Dana is probably skint right now after missing two months worth of events.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His views are rendered irrelevant by the fact that he thinks he's #2. He's not even in the top 10. And that fact that he think's he's better than GSP just makes it all the more laughable.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Here's my comment on mmafighting:

Conor absolutely neglected the fact that Jon Jones and GSP managed multiple title defenses

Yeah, he was a champion in two divisions just like GSP, but GSP defended one of those multiple times, so there’s no way he is behind Conor.
Now, he has a point about Jones and GSP lackluster decisions in some fights and a certain lack of finishes, but… Jon Jones has never been beaten inside the cage and GSP avenged his both losses decisively. Conor did beat Nate Diaz in the rematch, but Diaz finished him and Conor couldn’t do the same in that rematch. As you know, GSP finished Serra and Hughes at second opportunity.

GSP did bottle the Anderson fight and Bisping was in fact, one eyed when they fought, but GSP was still going in against a bigger, stronger guy. Conor, although he did beat Nate Diaz at 170, still hasn’t fought a true Welterweight in size, like Woodley, Usman or Colby.

Diaz, although definitely a big guy, was always more suited to lightweight throught his career, as an example of this, you can look at the way Rory Mcdonald beat him, I guess.

And lastly,there’s just no way Conor can truly leave Demetrious Johnson and Fedor Emelianenko out of the discussion.

DJ is the title defenses record holder, and he did finish a man who would go on to be a two division champ in Cejudo, decisively. Conor can point out to DJ never pursuing the BW title though, but DJ finished guys in multiple ways, just like Anderson.
Fedor’s run of dominance between 2001 and 2009 is well documented, always beating guys heavier than him with ease.

I’m also struggling to understand how Conor can leave Khabib out of the discussion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Here's my comment on mmafighting:

Conor absolutely neglected the fact that Jon Jones and GSP managed multiple title defenses

Yeah, he was a champion in two divisions just like GSP, but GSP defended one of those multiple times, so there’s no way he is behind Conor.
Now, he has a point about Jones and GSP lackluster decisions in some fights and a certain lack of finishes, but… Jon Jones has never been beaten inside the cage and GSP avenged his both losses decisively. Conor did beat Nate Diaz in the rematch, but Diaz finished him and Conor couldn’t do the same in that rematch. As you know, GSP finished Serra and Hughes at second opportunity.

GSP did bottle the Anderson fight and Bisping was in fact, one eyed when they fought, but GSP was still going in against a bigger, stronger guy. Conor, although he did beat Nate Diaz at 170, still hasn’t fought a true Welterweight in size, like Woodley, Usman or Colby.

Diaz, although definitely a big guy, was always more suited to lightweight throught his career, as an example of this, you can look at the way Rory Mcdonald beat him, I guess.

And lastly,there’s just no way Conor can truly leave Demetrious Johnson and Fedor Emelianenko out of the discussion.

DJ is the title defenses record holder, and he did finish a man who would go on to be a two division champ in Cejudo, decisively. Conor can point out to DJ never pursuing the BW title though, but DJ finished guys in multiple ways, just like Anderson.
Fedor’s run of dominance between 2001 and 2009 is well documented, always beating guys heavier than him with ease.

I’m also struggling to understand how Conor can leave Khabib out of the discussion.
This also completely invalidates his views. Khabib is easily top 5, if not top 3 by now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is what makes Khabib such a fecking legend. He casually told everyone what he was going to do to Conor, then did it.

Luke1995

IMO if he can keep Khabib standing for extended time, it changes the dynamic of the fight @Raoul thus far, Khabib has been able to wrestle easily