JDS Vs Overeem
Jones Vs Evans

Doesnt get much better than that

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Could have gone either way the Bisping v Sonnen fight.

Personally I had it for Bisping. Think the sport is still a bit backward in favouring a takedown purely for the sake of it.

Stephen87

Maia and weidman was awful. Thought bidding took the first 2 and chael the 3rd. Have to rematch it. Main event was what I expected, too soon for Davis.

The potential fights of 2012 looks tasty, I'd like to add;

Edgar vs Melendez.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah, he's stood toe to toe with Cyborg, Daley and Penn in his last 3 fights and outstruck all of them.

Condit is a great fighter, certainly more well rounded but I don't think he hits as hard as Daley or Cyborg.

beardsleybob

They're gonna put on quite a show but I honestly don't know who to side with. My head says Diaz but my heart says Condit

God I'm so conflicted :annoyed:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Diaz I hope

Did anyone watch the interview with him on mmafighting.com?

The guy can barely string two words together

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Haha. A potent combo of weed and punches to the head.

Nick Diaz quotes

“If people can’t handle watching me or they can’t handle the intensity of my life or they can’t handle me cussing saying feck this and feck, then you know, I think people really need to become a little more mature, kinda grow up a little bit…”

So Nick, would you agree your marijuana smoking has got in the way of your fight career?

“Actually, on the contrary, my fight career has gotten in the way of my marijuana smoking.”

“He just lost again right? See what I mean? You are promoting Rich Franklin and this motherfecker, here he is, letting it ride and he’s just trying to uphold his image. The guy’s a fecking teacher. He’s a school teacher – that’s what he is. If I was going to fight him I’d be pretty damn confident. I’m going to fight a teacher not a fighter. There are plenty of teachers I wanted to beat up.”

“If you’re getting paid more than me, I’m definitely more excited about this ass whoopin I’m gonna put down on you.”

“If I have a girlfriend, I don’t bring her to flaunt her. She doesn’t get to reap the benefits of me being famous.”

“I’m trying to fight Sakurai, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight Anderson Silva, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Georges motherfecking St.Pierre. I’m trying to fight … I didn’t mean to call Georges a motherfecker, but I ain’t got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world. Georges is a nice guy. I’m trying to fight Jon Fitch, I’m trying to fight Silva, I’m trying to fight K.J. Noons, I’m trying to fight everybody. I’m trying to fight Takanori Gomi, Sakurai, I’m trying to feck everybody up. feck this shit. This is fecking gangster fecking warfare. I don’t give a feck. You know what I mean?”

“Don’t be scared homie!”

“I got nothing against the guy, except that he is kind of a piece of shit”

For the record do you own a computer?

“After my last fight I bought one, I have no clue how to work it nor have any intention of chatting on here with you whores.”

Rogan: “So now do you have respect for Diego?”
Diaz: “Naw, not really.”

“Back in the day, a Ninja didn’t have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.”

“See if people are gonna hate just cause I say the word motherfecker, then feck them, I don’t have time to worry about marketing and shit, in my last fight my hair looked like shit cause all I did was train… I have other letters but i’m not that good of a reader.”

Coming out of the UFC 67 weigh-ins:

“Diablo? who the feck calls me diablo?”

All in relation to Gomi:

“He kinda just put his head down and looped some fecking punch out there that smacked me…I was like what the feck?!?!?!?”

“There he is ….that little fecker.”

“That little fecker hit me with a Hadukan or something.”

“I beat his ass. But you know, that little fecker. Man that fecker is tough. I mean I hit him, but then he comes out with this karate shit and little dude can bang. I mean he fecked up my eye and shit… That’s why I went to the ground and go go’d him. You dont see that shit in MMA. Who in MMA go go’s anyone cept me.”

With regards to the Riggs hospital brawl:

Trigg - “You should have just closed the door Nick.”
Nick - “How the feck am I gonna close the door? I ain’t no bitch.”

“For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It’s a new day and age, this is, uh, the year … feck year is it? I don’t know, because I’ve been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullshit, which I don’t do.”

On fighting in Stockton:

“Fighting in Stockton is going to be great for me. Stockton is a great fight town because if you drive long enough on some of these roads you’ll probably see a pretty good street fight.”

“So my bottom line is I wanted to get a bunch of this stuff off my chest is … is that … you know … I’m not no chump. I’m not going to just talk shit or whatever. I can’t remember where I was really going with that.”

“Because you get high all the time, you can’t find people that train all the time. But if you get high and train, you will get high and train all the time together and it will be fecking massive-takeover-smoke-weed-and-kill-people shit.”

“Making weed illegal is a little bit paranoid, don’t you think? It’s like saying God made a mistake, you know what I mean? It’s like, you’ve got the whole world and Earth and all its holy creations, right? And God is like, Hmm, lookit, my whole world in all its holy ways, and he’s like, Oh-my-me-oh-shit, I left weed in here. Yeah right, I left weed in here. Oh, shouldn’t have smoked that joint on the third day.”

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): Who paints their hair and toes?

“Dude everybody. C’mon man. Even Hermes Franca. One day he comes in with that goofy haircut. You got Jens Pulver, fecking Mayhem Miller. Some bitch he was talking to tried to offer me this piece of hydrogenated chocolate. What the feck are these guys into? Give me some real chocolate. Real fighters eat real chocolate.”

Full on rant:

“For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It’s a new day and age, this is, uh, the year … feck year is it? I don’t know, because I’ve been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullshit, which I don’t do.”

“What I do is, I fight. So you know, I get on the ball and I do what I gotta do. And it’s funny, to come home, to fecking crash out, I don’t drink a bunch of — I don’t drink a shot of whatever and pop a bunch of Vicodin like everybody else.”

“I don’t see what it is about the way these people want to tell us — we’re mixed martial artists, right? I mean, you don’t tell your musical artists how to write their music, right? I mean, if you told them that and you said, “Hey, no drugs for you,” or “No alcohol for you,” or whatever, and you go back in time, you try to find me one musical artist that was any damn good whatsoever.”

“Just think of one, right now.”

“I mean, you can’t! Already — got you right there! You should’ve been able to think of one in 5 seconds, you know what I mean, that was any damn good without it. I said, feck no, there is not one person that was any good, that was successful at all, unless they were fecking choking to death on their own vomit, every last one of them. They all — well, you know.”

“I don’t know about you guys, but I like my rock stars choking on their own vomit and uh, you know, what’s it matter anyways?”

Vegas rant:

“Vegas is a fecking theme, dude, that shit doesn’t fool me.”

“Every fighter I know wants to move there and wants to live there. You gotta be kidding me. These fecking assholes. I mean — I love it, because they’re that dumb, I’m like, “I can’t wait to fight ‘em, they’re so stupid.”

“They thrive off these big fecking fake-titty mutant chicks that are fecking disgusting whores, every last one of them. They’re all trying to do something to get somwhere, or if they’re out there they’re trying to fecking do it up with their old man somewhere else.”

“It’s just like, and regardless, you’re there — if I were there, I’d be there to meet some people, you know, like some endorsement deals, some things or whatnot. These people, they end up wanting to live there and move there. All they do is go out and drink and they can’t — they all drink. Even the ones that — even athletes there that don’t drink, the other ones force them into drinking and they don’t go out and stand around drink water like I do. I’ve seen ‘em and they all fecking move to Vegas and they go to these clubs and it’s just like, “Dude you are fecking kidding me.”

“You know, I feel like I can go out there and live somewhere in a place like that — probably not that place, ever, I can hardly stay there for a fecking week, I hate it there, honestly — and then you know, make some money for myself, move back here, to some little spot, you know what I mean, where there’s fecking a vineyard on the side of it and I can shoot rabbits outside of my door with a shotgun and nobody’s gonna say shit to me. That would make me happy.”

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Good gameplan by condit. Deserved the win.
Aye. Excellent, disciplined performance by Condit. Without having watched it again, I think there's an argument for him having won every round although several were very close, and it was 3-2 to Condit at worst. Feared the worst from the judges but they turned in very reasonable scorecards.

I respect but heavily dislike Diaz so I'm glad to see him get beat but its a shame we won't see Diaz-GSP in the near future. Both Condit and Diaz would be underdogs against GSP but Diaz probably matched up better stylistically as he could at least challenge him both in terms of striking and on the ground. As it stands its hard to look beyond GSP just continually taking Condit down and grinding out an easy decision.

Werdum was very impressive. I'm not a fan of the guy but his striking looked superb and everyone knows he'll be a huge threat against anyone
if it goes to the ground. I don't see him ever being a belt-holder but he could certainly establish himself in the top 5 in the UFC heavyweight divison with another big win or two. I cant imagine anyone's queueing up to fight him as he tends to make guys look bad even if he loses but Mir, Barnett and Cormier would all be interesting match-ups for him stylistically. The sadist in me would like to see him fight Shane Carwin though, as I don't like him as a fighter and I have a hunch that Carwin has the style to butcher him.

beardsleybob

The sadist in me would like to see him fight Shane Carwin though, as I don't like him as a fighter and I have a hunch that Carwin has the style to butcher him.
Possibly, but Werdum is a clever fighter. Carwin's bloodlust gets the best of him so if Werdum gets to the floor he could lure him in like Fedor. But chances are if Carwin tags him then Werdum's lights are going out

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Possibly, but Werdum is a clever fighter. Carwin's bloodlust gets the best of him so if Werdum gets to the floor he could lure him in like Fedor. But chances are if Carwin tags him then Werdum's lights are going out
Agreed, it would be an interesting and competitive fight if it was made and I wouldn't rule Werdum out but its a nightmarish match-up for him stylistically. Barnett is probably the most interesting match-up out there for Werdum. Striking would be competitive with the edge going to Barnett imo, and its anyone's guess if it goes to the ground. Barnett is one of the few heavyweights with the confidence and credentials to take Werdum down and actually aggressively work for the submission, while Werdum is probably the most dangerous heavyweight on the planet off his back. Hope this fight is made eventually.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I thought Condit won it. But reading on mmafighting.com a lot dont. Many current fighters whose opinion I would obviously judge above my own had Diaz as the winner. And to be fair Condit was on the back foot for much of the fight.

Shame, I really did want Diaz to go on and fight GSP. Hope he does not retire. Dana said maybe a fight with Koscheck could be next, and thats another fight I would like to see.

All in all not a great event.

The next 2 events look good though

UFC on Fuel TV:
Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Ellenberger
Stefan Struve vs. Dave Herman

UFC 144 (Japan)
Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields

reddevilcanada

Condit won it for me. Diaz kept chasing him but it was Condit who has landing with kicks, punches and knees. It's not enough to just chase a guy, you have to land punishment and Condit dished out more than Diaz. Diaz sounded like a sore loser at the end saying he should've won because he was chasing Condit.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What a feckin let down.

Condit fought to a gameplan and you can't blame him for that. Just a shame that he was building it all up as a 5 round war in the pre fight hype.

I can see why a lot of pro fighters are saying Diaz won. It was fairly obvious that always pushing forward even though Condit landed more. The low kicks won it for him.

Name Changed

weso26
I thought Condit won it fairly easily to be honest. So what if Diaz kept pushing forward? He was pushing forward into punches and leg kicks. Condit may have been walking backwards but he had far more offence. Diaz had no backup gameplan. Condit was excellent. He was right not to stand there and let Diaz hit him was barrages of punches like he does with everyone else. He just picked him off.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What a feckin let down.

Condit fought to a gameplan and you can't blame him for that. Just a shame that he was building it all up as a 5 round war in the pre fight hype.

I can see why a lot of pro fighters are saying Diaz won. It was fairly obvious that always pushing forward even though Condit landed more. The low kicks won it for him.
Definitely. The judges are supposed to award points for "aggression" and "ring control". Diaz spent almost the whole fight in the centre of the ring and constantly pressed forwards. That means he out-scored Condit in this regard by a huge margin.

Condit landed more strikes, although probably just because of all the leg-kicks. Diaz got in some good, clean punches of his own.

Very close fight.

Name Changed

weso26
Definitely. The judges are supposed to award points for "aggression" and "ring control". Diaz spent almost the whole fight in the centre of the ring and constantly pressed forwards. That means he out-scored Condit in this regard by a huge margin.

Condit landed more strikes, although probably just because of all the leg-kicks. Diaz got in some good, clean punches of his own.

Very close fight.
It was definitely close, but I would argue that Condit was more aggressive. Diaz walked forward more, but Condit was the one doing the striking. He was more aggressive. I understand the concept of "ring control", but if Diaz keeps walking forward into leg kicks and punches, I'd give the points to the fighter who is doing the striking over the walking.

Diaz always pushes forward like that. I don't recall any fights offhand where he is being the one pushed back. It's his style to do that, but usually he can outstrike anyone. Condit was too intelligent for him and got a lot more offence, despite being pushed backwards.

Diaz would probably have a better chance against GSP that Condit would. GSP will just take down Condit over and over again and ground out a 5 round boring win.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yup

Today, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Keith Kizer, released the e-mail below to members of the media:

The following athletes were tested: Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit, Fabricio Werdum, Josh Koscheck, Renan Barao, Ed Herman, Dustin Poirier, Max Hollaway, Matt Riddle, Henry Martinez, Edwin Figueroa, Alex Caceres, Matt Brown, Chris Cope, Rafael Natal, Michael Kuiper, Stephen Thompson and Dan Stittgen. All results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed.
What a feckin muppet.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Pain tolerance?

I take your point though. The negatives far outweight any positives which is why it's just so feckin stupid.

He honestly can't lay off the stuff for a couple of weeks in what is the biggest fight of his career and a gateway to an even bigger fight with GSP? Christ.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think they did use pain tolerance as a reason. Complete BS of a reason though

I am pleased it was not performance enhancing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I thought Condit won it fairly easily to be honest. So what if Diaz kept pushing forward? He was pushing forward into punches and leg kicks. Condit may have been walking backwards but he had far more offence. Diaz had no backup gameplan. Condit was excellent. He was right not to stand there and let Diaz hit him was barrages of punches like he does with everyone else. He just picked him off.
This.

Name Changed

weso26
Pain tolerance?

I take your point though. The negatives far outweight any positives which is why it's just so feckin stupid.

He honestly can't lay off the stuff for a couple of weeks in what is the biggest fight of his career and a gateway to an even bigger fight with GSP? Christ.
Yep. There are definitely a few screws loose there.