The MMA thread

Nucks

RT History Department
There's no way what he tested positive for is in a supplement of any kind it's an old steroid (I'm surprised he's stupid enough to take it) and it was taken orally. He knew what it was.

It's a shame really that he popped but it doesn't really surprise me. I'm not of the belief that ALL the top MMA athletes are on steroids but I'm pretty sure plenty of them are. Jon is just stupid enough to get caught (twice.) JDS popped last week as well and there's obviously been an increase since the USADA era.

It's a massive blow for the UFC really, in the last 12 months they've now seemingly lost Rousey and Jones, they'll lose McGregor in the next couple year (maybe this weekend) and this weekend is probably some of the biggest exposure they'll ever get in this timeframe their second biggest draw has failed a drug test. It's poor for them really.
It's also one of the best, and hardest to detect if managed properly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Literally the most active/aggressive version of Jones I've ever seen.

Then there is this.

He wasn't any more aggressive than he was in previous fights. The OSP fight was a one off imo. The picture you posted is basically a shot of him lifting weights after not having lifted much before. I've had a physique nearly identical to the picture on the right at around the same age as Jones was - no steroids at all - just a lot of lifting and the usual diet and supplementation. The pic on the left is obviously of someone who barely if at all lifts.

Inter Yer Nan

But this happened after the first Cormier fight.

The first fight with Cormier was Jones first time under USADA. In one of those tests, his Testosterone levels came back at 59 ng/dl. That means his body was virtually producing no testosterone. It's average for a 10 year old boy and about 1 tenth of the average levels for a guy Jones age. But the drug test came back negative. It was put down to it being a dip due to excessive training, which is complete nonsense. This is why USADA went after him so hard. They knew, but had to publicly come up with BS reasons why his levels were so low. The only exercise you could do to make your levels that low is to repeatedly punch yourself in the nuts until they no longer work. The reality is his testicles stopped producing testosterone which happens due to the use of AAS. Interestingly one of the medications used to get your body to start producing testosterone again after it's shutdown from steroid use is called Cloimd. And guess what Jones has just served a suspension for? That's right - Clomid.

You have to be crazy naive to think anything other than Jones is a long term PED user.
Fairly obvious to me. Probably always done it. Doesn't seem like the most honorable guy in the world either. To fail USADA is pretty bad as it's a lot easier to trick and get around then VADA which is the standard bearer. In Boxing there's a reason why Mayweather advocates USADA but won't touch VADA and he has produced crazy low testosterone levels before too.

If I was Cormier I'd be fuming. Not saying he would win (I don't know enough about UFC or if I've ever seen Jones clean) but he got brutally KO'd and spent years being ridiculed by UFC fans. He should sue.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It's a joke at this point, every few months there's a new story about someone juicing.

redmeister

Tbol has now been confirmed by Malki, for those who were concerned about the validity of the TMZ source.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
McGregor v Diaz 3 on the NYE card then the winner faces Ferguson or Lee sometime in 2018. Wouldn't mind seeing that at all.

Fun fact: Sturve is a member here at the CAF
Really? I'll be rooting for Stefan from now on then :drool:

Manny

Grammar Police
:lol:

I can't find Stefan Struve. I did find @ Stretch though. Is that him?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Drugs are bad Randall. Rams is the guy living in Holland. Think he's Dutch too, so he's definitely the Skyscraper, at least in my mind from now on.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Drugs are bad Randall. Rams is the guy living in Holland. Think he's Dutch too, so he's definitely the Skyscraper, at least in my mind from now on.
dont think he is dutch

but then again I have known to be wrong on the odd occasion

Dominos

Cormier is on MMA hour today I believe, to discuss Juicing Jones. Could be interesting although I think we'll hear a lot of "he deserves due process so I wont comment further until I know more".